It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware attacking Iran is not the best idea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Is that working out well for us in Afghanistan? If we were the so called force to reckon with how come we are still in Afghanistan? Consider the fact that there are only 25k insurgent fighters in Afghanistan are they are still taking American lives almost daily, sure we are killing a few here and there but 25k troops have us stuck in a stalemate now imagine 5 million fighters
www.conflictmonitors.org...!k/2011/1/7/surge-fails-to-reduce-number-of-taliban-fig hters

Just because they cannot get their fighters onto american soil (which if you read my OP they already have them here) does not mean they will not be able to win in order for Iran to win all they have to do maintain their government we are so hell bent on removing for our own puppet government.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by sonnny1

" With that said,how do you stop a country hell bent on making the very BOMBS,you believe they dont need? "

Are you a Member of the Iranian Goverment ? If not , what Facts back up your Claim they are " hell bent " on making Bombs (Plural) ? Sounds to me you are a Victim of the Very Propaganda you have so Frequently Spoken Out Against from time to time here on ATS sir ! ...........

I wonder if those who said North Korea was ONLY enriching uranium for peaceful purposes,could help me out a bit............

I dont have proof they are making bombs,but was responding to the poster who thought they were also.. My Honest Opinion? I sure as hell think they want one,or two,or maybe three................hundred.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I see your point we have no way of knowing if they truly want the bomb my question to you is this why are they enriching uranium to 20% a civilian power plant requires uranium enriched to only .8-8.0 so why the need for further enrichment? A bomb requires 90% so that may not be the plan but i do have to question their motives.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

i am not sure how you can say sanctions are not working.... they have threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz if we apply anymore, this would leave me to believe that the sanctions are working they are acting like a cornered dog right now hosting war scenarios, beating their chest and making threats this is not the work of someone unaffected by our sanctions I believe the sanctions will end up cutting them deep.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
reply to post by sonnny1

i am not sure how you can say sanctions are not working.... they have threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz if we apply anymore, this would leave me to believe that the sanctions are working they are acting like a cornered dog right now hosting war scenarios, beating their chest and making threats this is not the work of someone unaffected by our sanctions I believe the sanctions will end up cutting them deep.

They have had sanctions imposed since 1979. They have threatened to close the Strait before.
As long as China and Russia continue to play with them,they continue to function.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well gee , I wouldn't mine having a Nuclear Bomb either , i hear People give you alot More Respect when they see you " Packin' ".............

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Conceal or outright Carry??

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

What would be their Motivation for that , i would not hazard to guess . Their Goal Might be to eventually have enough Fissionable Material to construct a Bomb , but then they would Automatically become a Bigger Target to attack by the Western Powers for the very Fact they have one. Iran could also be enriching Uranium to 20% for other unknown reasons , Political ones come to mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

This basically what this all boils down too.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Honestly i was thinking dirty bomb/ammunition production 20% enrichment is considered garbage when it comes to nuclear bombs but look at the fancy new depleted uranium shells we use in the US tanks and such...Maybe they are trying to head in that direction? other than that i would have no idea what they are up to

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
20% enrichment is considered garbage when it comes to nuclear bombs other than that i would have no idea what they are up to

Just throwing it out there.

Have you considered maybe they want nuclear power.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

Sanctions would Hurt the West more than Iran right now . Oil is our Weakness here in the U.S. , our Goverment put us in that position out of Ignorance when they increased Regulations on Oil Exploration not only in the Gulf , but in Alaska and in the Western States . My question that has not been answered yet is , what is the Real Motivation behind this Aggression against Iran by the West Right Now ? Is it a Globalist Gamut for Control , or is it based on valid Intelligence of a move by Iran to attack someone for Internal Political Reasons ?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

If you had read the OP or a few of the comments I have made you would see the civilian reactors run on Uranium enriched .8 - 4-5 only but its better if slightly enriched with most running on 4-5 percent ( i had previously put 8.0 but i cannot find that source to reference) so 20% is way outta the ballpark for nuclear power

www.world-nuclear.org...
www.window.state.tx.us...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Honestly i have no idea why we have a raging hard-on for Iran. I personally don't care what they do or how they do it until it personally effects me. I think the US is only involved because Israel is other than that i don't think Obama cares, i say we just let Israel and Iran finish their playground fight so the world can move on

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Immune

Yes yes it's a war of attrition.
en.wikipedia.org...

The difference between war of attrition and other forms of war is somewhat artificial, since war always contains an element of attrition. However, one can be said to pursue a strategy of attrition when one makes it the main goal to cause gradual attrition to the opponent eventually amounting to unacceptable or unsustainable levels for the opponent while limiting your own gradual losses to acceptable and sustainable levels.

However, the homeland is still going to be a bomb crater riddled with Depleted Uranium shells and hot radioactive particles forever changing the shape of the newly birthed. See Iraq. Doctors have told some women to quit having babies because of this stuff.

A war of attrition is not a winning war. It's a defensive war and only eventually backs the enemy out of it's lands. It doesn't hurt the invading country apart from casualties. But by damn Iran will have a lot more casualties...

BTW just so you know, I agree that Iran is not a country you want to invade especially since China and Russia state WW3... Our leaders must be crazy...
edit on 12-1-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Immune

20% Is classed as medical grade for cancer treatment in hospitals. This is why they are enriching to 20%.

Iran asked the eurpoean community for this product so they wouldnt need to do it themselves, but due to sanctions impossed on them, they cant get it. Hence why they are making there own.

To make a viable nuke you need at least 90% enrichment.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

articles.cnn.com...:MIDDLEEAST

this source confirms your idea...I had not come across this in my research so thanks for the info. I guess that solves the final mystery. So this basically proves the point of this tread that attacking Iran is a bad idea and nulls the nuke argument that many posters have been trying to impose on this thread. So propaganda machine head back to the drawing board and keep my posted on the next "evil" move by Iran.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Russia and China will NOT risk starting a war with the US. Iraq also had a massive military before the invasion, look how that turned out. China does not have the ability to transport Troops to the US mainland. All we would have to do is knock them out of the war for a few years by bombing their industrial capacity. Meanwhile we could focus almost entirely on Russia. In terms of conventional military comparisons Russia would get wiped by the US and Nato. If anyone uses nukes were all f*cked, no stopping that.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

A typical US response. This is precisely why the US will fall. Its funny that you genuinely believe the US could "wipe out" Russia.

To say that China and Russia wouldn't start WW3 on the US its rubbish...of course they would. They want to be No1 and i'm pretty sure they are itching to "wipe out" the US...which they could easily do...

I just hope there is never any moment where my opinion needs to be tested.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I agree with you. Every war since the end of WW2 we have fought enemies who are tiny compared to our numbers, sure we can call it practice but fighting 2 superpowers at once will not end well for us. to even match numbers with them the US government would have to draft almost every able bodied man and woman in the country. Then we have to come up with money to pay them and arm them. Then we have to manufacture our own supplies. I don't think China will sell us cheap weapons of war if they are fighting us. One superpower is enough for us to handle, two is pushing it. All the technology we have i can bet Russia or China can match and if we keep the nukes out of it and just fight a conventional war the worlds population is going to make a steep decline on all sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join