I for one could care less what Iran does and personally I am sick and tired of the escalating tensions and pointless sabre rattling going on on both
sides. However that being said i think we need to take a good hard look at some statistics and threats that have been made that i believe Iran can
pull off. I do think we (the US) can win in Iran but it will be a tougher war then these politicians think it will be. First off i do believe they
will (i say will because lets face it its coming) be one of the most dangerous enemies we have ever fought and for a few reasons...
1) They have a sizable army- 540k active duty troops now you may laugh at that number but they also have an estimated 40 million men eligible to
serve at a moments notice and trust me in defense of the homeland they will serve.
2) They are on defense... this is one of the best scenarios for an army being attacked defense on your home turf drives your will to succeed harder
than if you were 7k miles from home... they know the land better than the attacking army, sure we have satellites and topo maps showing natural
features but a man who knows the land can disappear and reappear easier than one who does not, it worked well for the Viet Cong
3) Iran has one of the largest cache of missiles in the entire middle east.... sure we have anti-missile missiles and plenty of them but even one
getting through can be detrimental
4) They have guns and plenty of them... their defense budget is 9 billion dollars now that is laughable considering ours is 692 billion but think of
it this way, they have a very small air-force and a very small navy so their 9 billion does not go into 50 million dollar planes or 500 million dollar
aircraft carriers they spend most of it on guns ammunition, grenades, and missiles (and unlike our government i don't believe they pay 100k dollars
for a hammer like we do) meaning they are extremely well prepared for a ground invasion
5) Their allies.... Russia and China both warned us to stay away from Iran, the Chinese put it blatantly that if we attack Iran they will start WW3.
War involving these two country's alone will stretch the US/Nato forces so thin that we would not be able to fight well with 3 fronts and 3 different
enemy's. We will have a hard enough time fighting the 40 million troops Iran will call up
6) The Nuclear option.... i have no doubts Russia and China will send Iran (if they have not already) ready to fire nukes if we invade...and we all
know the first nuke to get launched will end life on this planet because the chain reaction it will cause everyone will be launching nukes
7) The covert invasion that's already taken place.... we will use the UK for this example currently there are 1.6 million Muslims living in the UK (
) and currently 40 percent want to see sharia law put into place that's 640k people say 10 percent are
extremist that's an army of 64k troops already in your country and your troops are fighting in Iran sure that is not a real big army but its enough
to destabilize an entire country with random bomb attacks and mass shootings. France is even worse off with 5-6 million Muslims living in its borders.
The US has 2.5 million Muslims in our borders. Now don't call me a racist or ignorant i know that not all Muslim's back Iran nor do i believe every
Muslim will start setting off bombs if we attack Iran but if even 10 percent are extremist then a lot of countries are going to have large issues
right on their own front doors...and Iran has threatened us stating that if we attack the war will be brought to our shores and i am positive this is
exactly what they meant.
These are the reasons i deem a war with Iran to be a bad idea, would we win I think so... would we win if Russia and China joined in absolutely, not
we as a human race will lose if this is the case. Nuclear strikes,mass civilian casualties on both sides, and the complete destruction of cities and
loss of inhabitable land due to radiation will be the result if we decide to march into Iran.
I do not support Iran nor do i support Iran getting nuclear bombs and for those who say they are not trying to make a bomb look at it this way, a
civilian nuclear power plant requires .8 - 8.0 percent enriched uranium. It came out today that Iran has an enrichment facility manufacturing uranium
at 20% enrichment, nuclear weapons needs it enriched to 90% so they are still a ways off but they have surpassed their needs for it to be used in its
power plant. And for the record i do not think ANY country needs to have atomic bombs.