It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Happened to our Police Force?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetnlow

I declined. Unfortunately my girlfriend was with me and my car didn't have power locks so she didn't lock her door. I should have told her to. I locked mine. There's a lot of regrettable things about that night when I look back on it. That was back when I was stupid and naive. My parents got me a lawyer but it would have been additional charges if I chose to make a trial out of it, so I plead guilty. I ended up with 40 hours of community service for paraphernalia they found.
edit on 10-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by liejunkie01

Still doesn't settle the second video, or any of the hundreds of other videos on youtube.

Like you said hundreds. And that is only because they were either leaked or privately made. Sometimes cops leak it. They have a lot of fun reviewing that stuff downtown. A lot of them never make it to the private sector. Sometimes the ones that do are brought by officers themselves who witnessed it and want to come forward but are afraid. That must make for some locker room jaunts, huh?

Both good and bad here. Cops are under a lot of pressure nowadays to justify their actions, because of "policy" and "rogue elements" within departments. Good cops are often caught in the middle between their own sense of justice and "bullies" who make up the laws as they go. I wouldn't want to be one, I wouldn't last. I am too nice.

I lived "outdoors" in a big city for seven years and I saw both kinds. Golden rule is Comply. You can't win. What are you going to do? Start shooting? That makes it easy for them.

This guy in the video won because he totally complied and it shows on tape. If he had acted any differently he may be dead now. Them cops spelled trouble with a badge. I survived all those years because I complied as well.

Some advice: You may hate the police but don't let that show when you are in their presence. You may be dodgin a warrant or got somethin up your sleeve, but just do what they tell you from the get go and you will go home that nite and sleep safely in your bed.

Or I don't care, call em pigs and run off, reach in your pocket, push one away when he tries to restrain you and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by EyesWideShut

It seems as if that 10 percent has been growing. It's more difficult to find someone who hasn't had a bad run in with the police, than someone who hasn't.

THIS, I agree with you 100%... I honestly think a lot of it comes down to training, departmental policy and the fact that private jails/correctional facilities/detention centers are big business in this country and getting bigger.
Our justice system needs an overhaul, but I feel like it's going to get much worse before it gets better (If it gets better)

Anytime people getting locked up will result in a private company making money , that private company (to ensure revenue) will then donate money to departments and politicians to make sure it keeps it's beds full.

I'm going off on a tangent, but PRIVATIZED JAILS ARE 100% WRONG AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ALLOWED!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

woops! I meant 'than someone who has'

I agree with that though. The thing that sucks is the whole system is so corrupt that it doesn't matter what you do, they screw you if they want to screw you. I don't like the fact that people live in fear. Like the poster who just replied to me "just comply and you'll be fine." That isn't the type of country I want to live in. If I wanted that I'd move to China or something, but I expect more from America. This country needs a massive reform, but I don't know any way that could happen besides a full out revolution. Protests don't do anything - no one listens. Courts don't do anything - cops are always right. Lawyers don't do anything - they lie to you and do what they can to get paid. Politicians don't do anything - they lie to get into office and then do w/e the # they want to do. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

That's funny, I read that with "has" instead of "hasn't" initially... It's strange how that works.

Anyway, eventually people are going to get tired of being dehumanized, and then bad things will happen...
edit on 11-1-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

That's how I read it as I typed it, too.

Anyway, I guess you're right. Sometimes I can't help but think why humanity seems so driven towards corruption and violence. It's something that comes natural to us, yet we're the only species that seems to have these characteristics.

I should have taken more psychology and sociology in college.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join