It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a religion based on love and forgiveness NOT hate and intolerance.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Lol, I do not hate. I just think you're wrong. I think you have to understand how the OT goes hand in hand with the NT.

I do understand how the OT goes hand in hand with the New Testament. Do you?

Have you understood that the OT is the story of man rejecting God, over and over and over again? The reason that God established the law with Moses is because man was afraid of God. God was walking with them in a cloud, speaking directly to them. Out of fear that rejected him and asked for a King.

He gave them laws and a King, for this is what they asked for. Can’t you see this does not work? Look at the Old Testament, God is proving to man that man’s way does not work.

The truth of the New Testament is that Israel was God’s chosen people. Chosen to bring the message of God and the law to the world. But the New Testament lets us in on a little secret, actually a big secret. Even the gentiles have been born with the Holy Spirit, thus making them chosen as well. Israel was chosen to prove that there is only one God and to bring the law to the world. Because they did this, thus making them sinners they were promised to be God’s chosen people.

Don’t you see they carried the cross from Moses to Jesus? Jesus picked up that cross and nailed the power of that cross to his cross. No longer does man have to carry the burden of the law and sin. But we may be made perfect by the new law, which is actually the old law that man rejected, the law of love. If we follow the Holy Spirit, it will guide us down the path to love. If one always follows the path of love they will not break even one of the laws.

Anyone who follows the law will break the law. Anyone who follows the Holy Sprit will be free from the law.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join