It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a religion based on love and forgiveness NOT hate and intolerance.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

Matthew 7:16 You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Death, Destruction, Ignorance & Fear..

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Youre missing one thing. Were not supposed to be tolerant of wickedness and condone sin.

You do realize that some of the most wicked and sinful things are done by self-proclaim righteous religious folks who dealt punishment and judgement onto others they deem wicked and sinful by their holy-book...

And many of these holy-books can be interpreted in many ways to suit whatever agendas such a group may have.

One maybe in the most wicked group/sub-group in human kind and not realize it. One only needs to look at the history of mankind to see it, it is still happening at present...

Knowledge is good, but our kind still needs alot of wisdom to make sure that knowledge isn't misused.

You will be surprised how fast the love and forgiveness in some religious folks can suddenly turn into total absolute hate and intolerance, especially when things get really bad.

These groups may have logic and common sense that are different from any others.
edit on 11-1-2012 by ixiy because: (no reason given)

That is because they were misguided in their zeal and because in those days, reading and writing was outlawed by the feudal system, only the aristocracy and the clergy (Roman Catholic Church) could read the dead languages of Latin, Hebrew and Aramaic, so the peasants and common folk couldn't read the words for themselves and the Old Testament was used and abused rather than the new because the new testament makes all men equal and the aristocrats,monarchies and the Roman Catholic Church didn't want the people to find out that truth for themselves which is what lead to the Protestant Reformation.

I do not deny that horrible things were done in the name of Christ, but the people that do those things and commit those acts will pay for it. There was a major war going on in the church between the apostates and true believers and we lost many protestants to the Jesuits murdering and torture devices at the behest of the Pope and unfortunately those days will come again and probably soon the way things are looking.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

Matthew 7:16 You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Do you even know the sword that Jesus was speaking about? Probably not. Did you know that during the last part of his Ministry on earth he taught in parables as opposed to just telling people what he knew? Thats because he wanted people to think for themselves and he used stories to convey the meanings he was trying to get across because he had alot of enemies that wanted to see him dead before it was his time.

The sword Christ brought was the sword of truth and righteousness, to cleave the wicked from the believers, those pharisee law givers and the sanhedrin who taught God's laws according to their desire to remain in power as opposed to teaching God's laws the way they were meant to be...which is lived by. They were being hypocrits and he called them on it and they hated him for it instead of repenting. They were serving Lucifer by serving themselves, instead of serving their God.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
God laid down what sin was in the laws of Moses, it's there for anyone who wishes to read the Torah. He makes the laws, take it up with him if you have complaints. While we may not be chained to those laws under christianity were are still chained to Christ's laws and are governed by him who is our High Priest and our King.

Pick one; you can't have your cake and eat it too. Either you're supposed to follow the OT law or you aren't. You can't claim the OT law is valid, then in the next sentence claim it's invalid only when it suits your point of view.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

take it easy there, oh ye self righteous Christian... do not assume & talk down to me.. every kid by 3rd grade learns that..

Matthew 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

I am pointing out the facts in your statement...

its been 2000 years or so and Christians have done nothing but cause Death, Destruction & Fear..

they are known by the fruits of their labor, just as it was written & attributed to a Man named Yeshua..

do you think his last name is "Christ"? His birthday is Christmas?

regardless, you can hold on to whatever you like to believe, but the truth remains the same..

the fruits of Christianity are rotten. period.

Hence why you are declaring yourself a true follower of the "Christ", separate from "those" other Christians..

you are not the first to declare a "correct" way to follow "Jesus"..

As there are reported to be approximately 38,000 Christian denominations

seems that there are 38k "Rocks" the church was built on..

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

do not assume & talk down to me..

Okay, that's cool, you live by the mantra of never talking down to someone.

every kid by 3rd grade learns that..

Oooops, what happened?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

take it easy there, oh ye self righteous Christian... do not assume & talk down to me.. every kid by 3rd grade learns that..

Matthew 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

I am pointing out the facts in your statement...

its been 2000 years or so and Christians have done nothing but cause Death, Destruction & Fear..

they are known by the fruits of their labor, just as it was written & attributed to a Man named Yeshua..

do you think his last name is "Christ"? His birthday is Christmas?

regardless, you can hold on to whatever you like to believe, but the truth remains the same..

the fruits of Christianity are rotten. period.

Hence why you are declaring yourself a true follower of the "Christ", separate from "those" other Christians..

you are not the first to declare a "correct" way to follow "Jesus"..

As there are reported to be approximately 38,000 Christian denominations

seems that there are 38k "Rocks" the church was built on..

What is it with you people always blaming christianity for everything. Not everyone on this planet is a christian and not every war was started by "christians". Sounds like youre buying into some propaganda. Christians didn't start the Crusades. Protestant Christians didn't start the Spanish Inquisition.

Are you not aware in times long passed that the rules of living were different than today? Are you really so arrogant that you think you know everything about history that you can just shove all the blame onto christianity? Christians were originally pacifists and many died at the hands of Roman (pagan) cruelty. Caesars Nero and Vespasian loved murdering peaceful christians. Nero would dip them in boiling oil and tie them to stakes and set them on fire at night to light his garden and he called them "Roman Candles". When people get tired of being murdered they take up arms, it's what men do. God never said we couldn't fight to defend ourselves, our homes and our nation...his 6th commandment is "you shall not murder".

Think you know about Christ's birthday? I can tell you more than you probably even know or can imagine. Jesus wasn't born on december 25th, he was concieved around that time because in that year he was concieved around the 25th of Kislev in which in that year as it did in 2011 Chanakuh fell on the 20-28 of December. The hebrew don;t use a 12 month calendar they have a 13 month calendar. Count 9 months forward for the typical human gestation period and Jesus ends up being born after Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) and Rosh Hoshana (feast of trumpets), during Tishrei (late september/early october) near Sukkot (feast of tabernacles/booths).

the fruits of Christianity are rotten. period

The fruits of men are rotten. Period. You don't need a faith to go murder people and rob them, the world is full of that right now, if there was no faiths this world would tear itself apart. Our love for Jesus and our God is the only thing that keeps us being men instead of being animals.

I strongly suggest that before you take a condescending tone with someone, that you think twice. Two can play that game

Good day to you.
edit on 11-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe
The message of Jesus was a message of love, forgiveness and self-sacrifice.

Sure. But telling the truth isn't 'intolerance'. It's just telling the truth.
Love and forgive .. but don't turn your back on those who would use evil or take advantage ...
Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing ...

CASE IN POINT -

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I see how George W Bush brought peace and love to Iraq and Afghanistan :

yeah .. those were such peaceful and loving places before the USA had to go in.

And as far as Bush43 talking about God guiding him ... hmdphantom ... your glorious leader
isn't exactly working with a full deck of cards ...

CBN - Iranian President Prepares For 12th Imam's Reappearance

President Ahmadinejad seems to think that the time is ripe for the 12th Imam’s reappearance and that, as president, he should play a role in opening the way for his return,” the journal said. “He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

Like Bernard Lewis of Princeton, the Kairos authors said Ahmadinejad seems to believe “that the hand of God is guiding him to trigger a series of cataclysmic events which could precipitate the return of the 12th Imam. Only time will tell if this is his true conviction; but if he does hold such a view, his possession of nuclear weapons is a particularly scary prospect

www.youtube.com...

Telegraph UK - "Divine Mission" Driving Irans New Leader
edit on 1/11/2012 by FlyersFan because: added link

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Indeed it is but the manipulation of man has once again interfered and twisted what the Bible originally said.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Amen! But remember, you can be of any religion and still be loving. If the person is not loving it doesn't matter if they are Christian or not, they still won't be loving.

There are people that use The Bible only looking at the negative verses to promote hate and violence , and there are those that only look at the positive verses to promote love and forgiveness.

Jesus said that the fulfillment of the Law (Torah/Bible) was Love. He said this was the Law of the Prophets and God. He said that God is Love so he who lives in Love lives in God.

It's all God! You will know who is of God/Love and who is not by the way they act. The spirit of the fruit is of Love, anything not speaking of love - anything speaking of hate or fear is not of God. So don't listen to people who speak of hate or try to scare you and pay attention to your own thoughts.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople
reply to post by Neopan100

Anyone with "hate and intolerance" in their heart are not religious.

No matter how much they claim it, no matter how many times they go to church and fellowship dinners.

People who hate are the true atheists.

What an ignorant statement...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I've just read the Opening Post, with which I do fully agree.

Just here to throw the following link on board, as ATS is obviously under a trend of Paulesque right-winged anarchism (wut ? you say libertarianism ?) when true anarchism is of coursely left-winged, just as Jesus-Christ, this emblematic figure so much celebrated by most WASP americans, was.

Jesus Radicals

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Here's the catch-22 on Christianity:

You cannot be a Christian and follow the teachings of Christ. Anyone who understands the teachings of "Christ" will understand why.

Fugitive, I would class myself as a Christian and I try to follow the teachings of Christ.

Please explain your post more fully because I believe I understand the teachings of Christ, but am in the dark as to what you are referring.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What is your point, please? Without using scripture?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I thought Christianity was also based on exclusivity.
If you believe in God then you are in the kingdom of heaven, Sorry Mr Agnostic no trainers. Indeed that is why Jesus got so excited when he had got anew follower into his flock

As for man twisting the Christian words for his/her own purpose; I thought that the Christian God was omnipotent (all powerful) and omniscient (all knowing - both past and future). So by dropping in his son at the time that he did, he knew/could foresee what would happen and hence must take the blame. Responsibility comes with omniscience and omnipotent, just as a parent is to blame if they let the child scald themselves - as the child does not have the experience to know the dangers.

So please don't leave God off the hook for this one.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

i believe scenario 2 is what we call righteous judgement.

I believe scenario 2 is not judgement at all... its because you did not judge him that you chose to help... because you knew it was right...

To judge someone is to form an opinion of that person... Not helping someone in need.

No, "judging" is "deciding". The problem is when people decide with the intent to condemn, or decide with the intent to exhort and encourage a fellow man. The people in the story where Jesus tells them that the one without sin can cast the first stone are judging with the intent to condemn to death. Jesus judged the woman also, yet exhorted her to "go and sin no more". He exhorted her to holiness, He never judged her with intent to condemn.

deciding is the same as forming an opinion...

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

He did not judge her... and he ignored their requests of him to judge her...

He judged those that wanted to judge her for her "sin".... by saying IF you do not sin, then condem her...

There was no judgement on his part... he had no opinion.. and would not condem her for her sin.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

It could be argued that Jesus never actually did this as the passage you are quoting is entirely omitted by all of the earliest texts, i.e: it is probably a later addition.

Also, in the light of an understanding of Jewish law, it was entirely unremarkable.

According to Jewish law, the actual witnesses (which had to be more than two) of the act were to cast the first stone/s. Then other non-witnesses could follow suit. If the witness did not cast the first stone, then it indicated that they had no confidence in their accusation.

If the accusation was false, all those who did cast a stone, and who weren't witnesses would be guilty of murder. So if no-one cast the first stone, it was mandated by law that all others must refrain from stoning as it was essentially a mistrial.

I believe that Jesus would have been indicating that there were no actual witnesses present and the accusation was hearsay, but, as I previously noted, it is doubtful that this event actually happened.

edit on 11/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Let me share with you something I believe.

The bible says that the gospel will be taught to the whole world. I have never met anyone, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, Agnostic; I think you get the point that doesn’t agree with Christ. Everyone believes that Christ taught how to love in a way that we should all aspire to. So if the whole world has heard the message of Christ and the whole world believes that living like him would be the best for everyone, everyone can be fairly judged.

This is the message of Christ. You don’t have to call yourself a Christian; you simply have to live a life similar to Christ, since you have agreed that it would be best to aspire to be like him. The point of the bible is simple. With the bible one can come to a full understanding of Christ, since the whole book is about him and his relationship with us. Once one has fully repented, and accepted the forgiveness of Christ, they will be given the Holy Spirit.
The second part of this message is for Christians who are not sure if they fully understand being born again and the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

The church fails to understand and teach two simple messages. One everyone who agrees with the message of Christ and tries to live by it actually prove that Christ is in them. They have nothing to accept and no religion to convert to. The second is about the Holy Spirit. The church teaches repent, be baptized by water and receive the Holy Spirit, and this is true.

The problem is they have not taught correctly repentance so most cannot receive the baptism of Christ which is the only true baptism. Baptism of water is only an outward sign and does not guarantee the baptism of Christ, the Holy Spirit. All believers will be guided by the Holy Spirit but not all will receive baptism.
In order to receive the baptism of Christ,

one truly has to hate themselves, they have to hate this world (all sin and material possessions), they truly have to accept that they are worthy of hell, they have to accept that they can never free themselves from slavery to sin. (This is biblical repentance)

Even if one does all this it is Christ who decides who and when someone receives baptism of the Holy Spirit because it is only him that knows the heart of a man.

The bible says that those who are born again no longer have ANY desire to sin. So unless you believe that God can do this than you cannot receive this baptism.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
I thought Christianity was also based on exclusivity.
If you believe in God then you are in the kingdom of heaven, Sorry Mr Agnostic no trainers. Indeed that is why Jesus got so excited when he had got anew follower into his flock

As for man twisting the Christian words for his/her own purpose; I thought that the Christian God was omnipotent (all powerful) and omniscient (all knowing - both past and future). So by dropping in his son at the time that he did, he knew/could foresee what would happen and hence must take the blame. Responsibility comes with omniscience and omnipotent, just as a parent is to blame if they let the child scald themselves - as the child does not have the experience to know the dangers.

So please don't leave God off the hook for this one.

Jesus came to reveal the truth. That all who live by the values of love that he was teaching prove that he lives in them. God is the source of all love, and the son is the love that is in us. The church has not taught the correct message.

Also Jesus came to prove many things by crucifixion but let me share just a few. He was crucified to prove that one should follow the will of the father faithfully even to the point of persecution and death. He came to prove that all sin could be forgiven when he forgave those who crucified him. And he came to prove the promise of eternal life when he conquered the grave through his resurrection.

If you live by love and agree with the love that Christ showed he lives in you. If you want to know him better read the bible and let the Holy Spirit teach you. Stop listening to the church and start listening to Christ.

edit on 11-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople

Originally posted by NeoVain

Nothing wrong with the "message"...

It is still a religion...

(Religion = Brainwashing tool, designed to control the masses, by sapping their time and energy from relevant information ingestion by instead rehashing psalms, singing halleluja and praying to some mock up deity, with the deceptive "reward" of the feeling to "belong to a group", which unfortunately in this case, is just a group of uninteresting sheep)

I have no leader. I have no group. I am religious.

If it is a "tool, designed to control masses", why isn't it controlling me?

Because I live for God, my children and myself. I really don't care what anyone else believes, unless they ask me to.

Because your parents were religious? Because the school you went to promoted or taught Christianity/religion, Because you have subconsciously been guided towards religion from a child?

come on, it's not rocket science.

Oh, look... Someone else who has it all figured out.

My parents were atheists. I was an atheist for more than 20 years.

I went to school in Detroit... Trust me, there is no religion in a public school, especially in Detroit.

I found it on my own. I live with it by myself. My kids can grow up and worship Satan if it makes them feel better. It's their choice.

Don't ever presume to know me.

You don't.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The sword was his words. And he came against the Pharisees and Sadducees because they had become cold and heartless. Lovers of money and not lovers of God. He came to take the power away from the man made temple and put the power into the believer.

This message is coming again. Today’s church has become identical the one in the Old Testament. Christ will come again, and is already coming, to bring the same message. We are the temple, Jesus is the High Priest, and the Holy Spirit is our teacher. We do not need to follow any man, we are the power of Christ and we are to follow him and him alone.

edit on 11-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join