It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Campaign To GOP: Drop Out, Unite Behind Paul to Defeat Romney

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ron Paul wants this to turn into a two man race asap.

More delegates for the taking and he feels he can woop Mitt in a one-on-one debate.

Yes, a bold statement. Let's hope the candidates and the MSM take the bait.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I don't think they should quit and unite under Paul, at least not Gingrich. Because those super Pacs that are pro Romney and pro Gingrich can just keep shooting at each other and leave Paul out of that nastiness. I think we all should know by now there are things about RP that those Pac's could put a spin on and make him look like a racist, or someone who doesn't stand with Isreal and such. Best to let them just attack each other until one remains, then convince those voters to support Paul. As for the rest, Santorum's momentum from Iowa didn't carry so he should be about done, Perry's betting on SC, after his notion to put troops back in Iraq, I would imagine he's not going to do so hot now and his economic ideas are similar to Paul's so Paul could get a boost there if he quits. And I think most of Huntsman's support comes from Independents, so they will scatter all across the board. The way I sees it a three person race of Romney, Paul, and Gingrich, would be ideal so their super pacs, or the super pacs that support their candidates, can ruin each other and leave Paul standing.
Maybe that's how it works in a perfect world...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have been following the primary since I got home at 10:00 EST. Knowing Romney was going to take first (unfortunately) I continued watching in hopes of seeing Paul catch up a few points and Huntsman drop some. I have been printscreen capturing the numbers as they update and saving them.

Heres the important part:

Over the time of 10:00-11:55 the votes were coming in steady, with Romney getting the most new votes with Paul usually close behind and Huntsman slowly falling behind Paul. At 11:58 I started noticing it had been a little longer than usual since the last update. Now its 12:27 and the count is still at 92% of the vote with Romney 91,460 Paul 53,210 Huntsman 39,172. I dont know if the vote has been halted until tomorrow or why its taking so long to update, but Im distressed that I cannot see these last votes come in. Im skeptical there will be manipulation of votes to boost Romney up or tie Huntsman with Paul, but I have no definitive proof, just information Ive read here.

Its been a few more minutes and still no update, will keep looking and hoping the last 8% boosts Paul more than the others. Knocking Hunstman to 16 and raising Paul to 24% is possible if the votes continue to come in the trend they were (Romney getting the most with Paul close behind, Huntsman falling short but still coming in, some ties here and there). This is based on watching votes come in from 80%- now 92% so I believe it to be a trend.
edit on 10-1-2012 by tehdouglas because: time zone, last line

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Paul should be careful talking about targeting Romney like this...Romney will loose his Super PACS on him. Paul can't fight against those.

This is what I'm thinking. If Paul pokes that hornet's nest, he's likely to get stung! He's got some doozies in his past that the PACS would be ALL over like white on rice.

reply to post by maria_stardust

I agree with you here. Ron Paul's supporters are passionate and their dedication is deep, but their numbers are relatively small. They are a vocal minority with not much room for growth, IMO. That's why he's discounted by the media so much. He's so different than the other candidates, he's not seen as competition to them.

It will be an interesting year ahead!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is a bold and good strategy because it is the only hope of victory.

At the same time it could shorten the Ron Paul campaign.

If he doesnt get second in SC then these words will look pretty meaningless and he fade away.

At the moment he is miles behind Gingrich and Santorum in the SC polls, so the next 10 days to the polls is vital. If he can close the gap and get second, then Santorum and Gingrich have nowhere to go, if he fails then he has nowhere to go.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Paul should be careful talking about targeting Romney like this...Romney will loose his Super PACS on him. Paul can't fight against those.

This is what I'm thinking. If Paul pokes that hornet's nest, he's likely to get stung! He's got some doozies in his past that the PACS would be ALL over like white on rice.

reply to post by maria_stardust

I agree with you here. Ron Paul's supporters are passionate and their dedication is deep, but their numbers are relatively small. They are a vocal minority with not much room for growth, IMO. That's why he's discounted by the media so much. He's so different than the other candidates, he's not seen as competition to them.

It will be an interesting year ahead!

If you look closely at the SC polls, Ron Paul is actually heavily favoured as a second choice to the non Romney voters. Headroom is definitely there if the others drop out. SC is a watershed. As I said, can he close the gap and get 2nd?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
If you look closely at the SC polls, Ron Paul is actually heavily favoured as a second choice to the non Romney voters.
Headroom is definitely there if the others drop out. SC is a watershed. As I said, can he close the gap and get 2nd?

Sure, he could. But with Santorum surging,
it's hard to say. Do you have a link to SC polls that show Ron in third? I'm having a hard time finding polls at all..

This is what I think.

“The best news for Romney is that the guys who came in second and third place in New Hampshire — Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman — are two of his weakest opponents in the upcoming South Carolina primary. The most recent polling showed Paul in fourth place behind Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum.

Source
edit on 1/11/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
For those of you who are afraid of Ron Paul's "Constitutional and Isolationist" views, let me remind you what globalism has given this country. EMPTY FACTORIES, EMPTY HOUSES, EMPTY HEADS, and EMPTY WALLETS!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Even if Paul manages to come in second, he will have effectively crippled the GOP. A divided Republican party doesn't stand a chance to vote Obama out of office. It simply isn't going to happen despite any wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think most Paul supporters wouldn't vote for any other GOP candidate but that's just my opinion from being one, knowing many and reading the words of so many others like us online.

Maybe something like 25% of Paul supporters would write his name in, 25% for another GOP candidate , 25 for Obama and 25 just wont vote at all.....so I mean if you're one of those Sean Hannity loving "MAKE OBAMA A ONE TERM PRESIDENT" kinda person and really hate Obama, your only chance of getting someone who isn't Obama... is Ron Paul otherwise the GOP will lose a lot of votes.. I'm just speculating from my own experience of course.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dayvancowboy
I think most Paul supporters wouldn't vote for any other GOP candidate but that's just my opinion from being one, knowing many and reading the words of so many others like us online.

Maybe something like 25% of Paul supporters would write his name in, 25% for another GOP candidate , 25 for Obama and 25 just wont vote at all.....so I mean if you're one of those Sean Hannity loving "MAKE OBAMA A ONE TERM PRESIDENT" kinda person and really hate Obama, your only chance of getting someone who isn't Obama... is Ron Paul otherwise the GOP will lose a lot of votes.. I'm just speculating from my own experience of course.

Count me as one who wouldn't vote for Romney. The man's track record shows he's not conservative! Why would I want to vote in another establishment, big government politician who's going to keep us going on this fast track to bankruptcy? Why don't other average Americans see this guy for what he is, and see the fact he's taking all this money from corporations as a sign that his heart isn't in it for the American people. If you're being bought before you even get to office, the American people are obviously not a priority.

I wouldn't vote for Obama either. I guess I'd pick a 3 party and give them my vote, regardless of the candidate, just to give my vote to a non GOP/Dem.

I'm sick of not having a chance to vote for atleast 1 major party that supports smaller government and defends civil liberties. It's Ron Paul or bust. The difference between Romney and Obama is negligable to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
One of the reasons Romney is the front runner is precisely because he more of a centrist than a neo-conservative. Just like the vast majority of Americans. Fence sitting is a more comfortable spot to sit these days. The whole polarization of America wasn't quite what it turned out to be in the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join