It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Campaign To GOP: Drop Out, Unite Behind Paul to Defeat Romney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

"The race is becoming more clearly a two-man race between establishment candidate Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, the candidate of authentic change. That means there is only one true conservative choice.

"We urge Ron Paul's opponents who have been unsuccessfully trying to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney to unite by getting out of the race and uniting behind Paul's candidacy.

"Our campaign is already planning ahead for South Carolina, Florida, and beyond. Soon Ron Paul will head to South Carolina to begin a feverish round of campaigning.

www.marketwatch.com...

Very bold
It could backfire but very bold nonetheless

Mockery could only be the result or something positive, who knows
Huntsman needs to drop out though

Santorum is spending over 1Million on TV ads in SC and Ron Paul has very little or no presence in Florida

Time will tell

It's getting insteresting though

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No one said this uphill battle was going to be short. Yes time will tell, and we must stay strong until then. Far from over, but now its time for the Dr. to operate.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i hope pauls campaign still has somthing up their sleeve because if this doesnt work they are gonna be in for one tough battle.

ron paul 2012

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
amen to that. ron paul 2012

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

wait what? How does Ron Paul have little to no presence in Florida? It was my understanding his following in florida is HUGE

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ah-ha! He is threatening to be the GOP's Ralph Nader. No surprise here.

Although, we all know the Republican party will call his bluff and continue along their merry way with Romney as the likely nominee. Even if Paul decides to run on as a third ticket candidate, by pulling votes from the GOP he will virtually guarantee Obama a win.

Sound familiar?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Romney cannot debate, he will burn in front of Obama in a debate

2) Ron Paul gets conservatives AND democrats and independants

Even conservatives who don't like Ron Paul because of foreign policy.. against Obama they will still vote RP
+ dems + independants

Smells like a guaranteed win to me
Obama is not a threat to RP, Romney is

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

This race has not been decided yet, and it won't be until one person has enough delegates to win the GOP nomination.

And since all state are now proportional in delegate rewarding (even FL, which will announce a PR tomorrow) there is an even playing field. Maybe Ron Paul doesn't need to run third party, maybe he doesn't plan to at all like he's been SAYING.

We're tired enough of the media predicting the outcomes and telling us who to vote for, the moderators of ATS don't have to either.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
the moderators of ATS don't have to either.

That's uncalled for

Mods can participate in a thread as long as they don't moderate that very thread
Mods can have opinions too

In any case this is the first time i've found politics to be this interesting
usually I am just into current events, politics too but not as much as now hehe

Time for ATS radio to be reporting the primaries live

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I thought Moderators were suppose to be Mediators? Not that I am saying its bad, but I figured that was the goal of an ATS Moderator was to be a mediator..
edit on 10-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Who would get behind Ron Paul...Gingrich...he insults him every chance he gets...Santorum does the same thing.

Huntsman isn't dropping out...he said tonight he felt like he got 2nd in NH...because Ron Paul doesn't count because he doesn't have a chance for the nomination. He is going to SC...everyone is going to drop as much money as they can in SC...because SC is winner take all.

Paul should be careful talking about targeting Romney like this...Romney will loose his Super PACS on him. Paul can't fight against those.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What Ron Paul has is an aggressive grassroots movement -- much like Nader.

While he has hot spots of strong support that isn't quite enough for snagging the GOP nomination. He he decides to run as a third party candidate the Ralph Naderesque scenario is precisely what will play out.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkyrie7

wait what? How does Ron Paul have little to no presence in Florida? It was my understanding his following in florida is HUGE

Paul is polling at 10% in Florida.

I really don't think Paul will even try to go to Florida.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I just realized that the candidates going to the state to campaign was started back when there was no internet, television and such. I wonder if this day and age, it isn't going to matter how much someone campaigns in a state or if they even visit, but how much of an effect they have through the internet. I mean, think about it. If it wasn't for the internet then there wouldn't be so much support for Paul from people all over the world.

Just food for thought I guess, never really thought about it until now when someone said he hadn't done anything with Florida.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

We may be moderators, but we're still members and participate as we see fit.

BTW, the staff has a rule not to moderate threads they are participating in as members.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Though it is good and all that people internationally like Ron Paul because of the Internet, but we need people to recognize that here on home turf.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This election is unlike those of the past.

Proportionally awarded delegates is going to change the 2012 elections.

Don't be so quick to assume Romney is going to be the be all end all of the GOP nomination.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ron should tell Huntsman he'll make him VP if he vows out. I like John, actually!

Btw, isn't FL full of old people?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Btw, isn't FL full of old people?

Well that's where all the Q-Tips are yes

they go there to retire and gaze upon different forms of natural disasters

In any case until today RP wasn't even planning to go to FL

I think that's because SC is way more important that FL

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Although I am not from Florida, I am stuck here non-the-less. Ron Paul definitely has my vote. And even if Ron Paul does or doesn't get the nomination and presidency I think his campaign will have an affect on America down the road.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join