It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Clock a minute closer to midnight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

...The joke

----------------------
Your head.

I know it's not a real clock, it's the fact that they can move their clock backwards in time that cracks me up. Another scale of measurement would've been much better.
edit on 11-1-2012 by MRedfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

You beat me to it and yes the clock is ticking!!!!

The Doomsday Clock has been moved one minute closer to midnight – meaning that the world is theoretically one step closer to a huge global disaster.

This week, the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists (BAS) moved the hands of the symbolic clock from six to five minutes before midnight to reflect the world’s lack of progress on battling climate change, and new states pursuing nuclear weapons that could spell Armageddon.

Japan’s Fukushima accident last year was also a deciding factor in the clock’s change.

In a formal statement issued at the time of Tuesday's announcement, the BAS noted: “It is five minutes to midnight. Two years ago, it appeared that world leaders might address the truly global threats that we face. In many cases, that trend has not continued or been reversed. For that reason, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists is moving the clock hand one minute closer to midnight, back to its time in 2007.”

Very close to something happening in Iran just as there's bombs exploding in Syria!!!

Its all too close to that Holy War!!!!!!!!

And guess what? The majority of us arnt even Religous yet we could all suffer just because of this stupidity!!

I'm gonna get my candles soon just in case the lights go out.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join