It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

our DNA reacts to our bodies emotions even when miles away

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Not bound by space or time.... sounds like a human soul

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by Foxy1

That's very interesting.

It has been documented that astronauts have to wear a device that simulates the earth's magnetic field while in space to prevent memory loss upon re-entry of earth's atmosphere.

Where has that been "documented"? Or is just a figment of someone's imagination. Link, please.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
ages a go i watched a documentary about people who had heart transplants and after started to get strange cravings for food they never liked or ate.one guy got a unusual crave for KFC chicken nuggets.and apparently it turned out the person who was the organ doner was on his way back from kfc with chicken nuggets before he had a traffic accident which killed him.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Ah yeah, epigenes, scary stuff I think !

Saw a programme on that a few years back, and it even talked about how your experiences before you have kids, can affect your kids through the DNA, I think they used anxiety, and a holacaust surviver to illustrate it .

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
Not bound by space or time.... sounds like a human soul

How are our souls not bound in our bodies (space) and in our current times while inhabiting these bodies (time)?

Sure, some claim to be able to astrally project, but we all know if this was true, it would be very easily scientifcally verifable. Lock in item in a room, and tell the projecter to identify it. This has been tried time and time again, and never does the projector give accurate results.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
hmm
So, streamline and enhance the vibrational energy through artificial means and voila, you can set down a device that allows miles of whatever frequency you want to make, be it insane rage, pure lust, etc..sounds like it would have both commercial and military applications and perhaps should be looked into.

Could also be very dangerous technology in the wrong hands, so would need to be very controlled and monitored on its uses.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

If this story is so rampant on the internet...why hasnt anyone come out to scientifically prove it wrong.

Gregg Braden Debunked

The video above addresses the claims made by Gregg Bradens regarding the following .......

The Schumann Resonances
Pole Shift
The Earth Stops Rotating
The Photon Belt
The Sun’s Magnetic Field
Quantum Physics , Entaglement, Bell’s inequality EPR Paradox
Fraudulent Footnotes
The Great Red Spot
The Maharishi Effect
The God Code
Messages from Water
The Global Consciousness Project
The Council of Nicaea
Jesus and Conclusion

Alternatively, if you do not wish to watch the full 1 hour 20 minutes and would like to see a video addressing one of the subjects listed above - the video has been broken up into shorter Youtube videos which addresses each topic on their own.
The links for these videos can be found on here. Gregg Braden Debunked

And an interesting review of Gregg Bradens work can be found here A Rough Guide to New Age Teachers The review is featured on what appears to be a `New Age` website called Energy Grid

Just reading some of the info now ......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by Foxy1

First, Gregg Braden is famous for distorting science. He's into metaphysics and you can't take anything he says seriously, if you're interested in science.

His source for this experiment is Cleve Baxter, who apparently thinks plants have brains:
plant perception (a.k.a. the Backster effect)

It would never occur to a plant or animal physiologist to test plants for consciousness or ESP because their knowledge would be sufficient to rule out the possibility of plants having feelings or perceptions on the order of human feeling or perception. In layman's terms, plants don't have brains or anything similar to brains. One may as well speak of bacteria or viruses as having brains and nervous systems.

However, a person completely ignorant of plant and animal science has not only tested plants for perception and feeling, he claims that he has scientific proof that plants experience a wide range of emotions and thoughts. He also claims that plants can read human minds. His name is Cleve Backster and he published his research in the International Journal of Parapsychology ("Evidence of a Primary Perception in Plant Life," vol. 10, no. 4, Winter 1968, pp. 329-348). He tested his plants on a polygraph machine and found that plants react to thoughts and threats.
Mainstream science has refuted Baxter's claims, but this doesn't prevent people from believing whatever they want to believe:

Backster has become the darling of several occult, parapsychological and pseudoscientific notions. His work has been cited in defense of dowsing,* various forms of energy healing,* remote viewing,* and the Silva mind control program (now known as the Silva method)....

Why does nearly the entire scientific community ignore him? The answer should be obvious.
Well it's obvious to me, but apparently it might not be obvious to some gullible people who think that Gregg Braden really talks about science and Cleve Baxter should get the Nobel prize.

The bottom line is this should have been posted in the metaphysics forum. It's not accepted by mainstream science, and Cleve Baxter's work is mostly dismissed by mainstream science.

Originally posted by Daughter2
However, I would like to know more about these studies. I'm surprised these studies haven't been picked up by more mainstream studies.
Did I satisfactorily explain why this hasn't happened?

Nobody in the scientific community believes what Baxter says. That's probably the only truthful thing Gregg Braden said in the entire video, mixed in with all his new age BS. Replication experiments have failed to reproduce his results.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

On a basic level where the dna has to relay to the developing cells exactly what they are supposed to be and do and how they are to work with the other cells of the organism is a form of consciousness. The cells are programmed to work together with other different cells in order to sustain life and to reproduce. It may be a very "dull" form of consciousness but it is conscious none the less. Communication denotes consciousness. These cells communicate with each other to function as a whole lifeform.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am going to have to come down on the skeptical side of the fence on this. (Disclaimer for those about to balk: skepticism does not mean "refusing to believe in or consider a possibility." It merely means "refusing to accept something as fact without proof." There is a difference. Skepticism requires one to be open-minded to possibilities, not the other way around.)

As another poster pointed out, a study does not have to be published in an established journal to make it credible or true (although being in a prestigious journal that facilitates easy, highly visible peer review does undoubtedly add credibility if the reviews are favorable and in agreement.) But what it does have to do, at least in my opinion - regardless of where or how it is published - is provide specific, reproducible methodology. This video and the articles associated with it don't do that. They don't say, specifically, how they did what they did, how their measurements were taken, what instruments and techniques were used, what the experimental environment was like, how that environment was controlled, what sort of a controls they used to differentiate their results from coincidence or random occurrence, etc. They used very general, very broadly interpretable, and not specifically reproducible, language in describing their experiment.

Now, don't get me wrong. There is such a thing as lay-research. That's when laypeople who aren't accredited universities or working professional scientists conduct experiments and publish them and their results. It's conceivable that a person or group of people could conduct an experiment and, not being capable due to funding, rejection, or other factors, of getting their results published in a reputable journal, instead decided to self-publish via the internet (or in a book, etc.) Since they're laypersons, their terminology and metholodolgy might not be precise or specific.

So I'm not saying that this is impossible. (I don't know.) But I can say that until those specifics are published - whether it it’s in a peer reviewable journal or not, and whether it's by them or someone with more scientific and/or linguistic rigor and experience than them helping them to put forward those specifics - I can't accept this at face value as being factual. (That isn’t the same as asserting for a fact that it’s impossible, mind you, because I’m not qualified to make that assertion.) And I can also say that because they are lay-researchers and/or not published in an established journal for peer review, they have a higher bar to leap over in order to make their experimental results credible, especially given the magnitude of the claims.

Demanding evidence and details on how to reproduce an experiment making such fantastic claims is not rigidity of closed-mindedness. That is skepticism and open-mindedness.

My two cents. Peace.
edit on 1/11/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Foxy1

That's very interesting.

If there is indeed a field present here I wonder how much it intermingles with the fields of people around us. Such an interesting thought, I've never considered anything like that before. If this is true, and there exists a real tangible field around the individual that connects to others, that could explain several things. It could explain the "spark" between couples, the affect of large gatherings of people at emotional events, and possibly even access to the global network of "common" sense. Common in the idea that we share access to that intuitive ability.

It make me wonder what would happen to those who venture into space on trips like the 100 year starship that is in the works. What sort of range could we expect this field, if it exists, to have? And what are the effects of leaving this field? Hmm..

Awesome thought provoking video, thanks for posting it!

in string theory dejavu is described as "Quantum Entanglement". but in quantum entanglement it can go a little further than deja-vu. let me give you an example... A woman saved a boy who was hit by a softball early in his life at a little league game, only to be saved by the same boy as an adult in a restaurant he was working at while she was choking.
as far as leaving the earths natural electromagnetic field...It has been documented that astronauts have to wear a device that simulates the earth's magnetic field while in space to prevent memory loss upon re-entry of earth's atmosphere.
So you are not far off from the truth.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

Wow, you are totally misinformed. First of all, "Dejavu" is not described at all in string theory - don't be ridiculous.

Second, astronauts are in the earth's magnetic field while they are in orbit.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
I just finished watching the vid and long before it finished, it was plainly obvious that this was yet another example of nothing more than "new age or pseudo science".
The presenter gave ZERO, let me repeat that, ZERO ... evidence from a scientific research point of view. There was NO explanation as to how the donor dna was monitored for changes. All we're asked to believe is that the donor dna somehow "responded" to the "emotional state" of the test subject ... just some babble about the donor dna "loosening" or "contracting" in some mysterious manner. How was the donor dna sustained/preserved during the test ? How was the "loosening" or "contraction" measured in real time ?

Never ceases to amaze me how so many posters simply accept on blind faith alone crap such as this and go oooohhh ... ahhhhh .... how amazing and world changing

Now, why the heck do we NOT have an ability to post negative flags/comments when presented with such inanity ? I'd certainly give one of each ... in the meantime, I'll have to be satisfied giving

Thank you. I was watching this thinking "Wtf?", and was really surprised by the responses in this thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Quite well stated MischeviousElf..
I agree entirely. My little post about this OP topic
not being Voodoo or New Age was summed up
superbly by your posts.

There are a couple of members who see these threads
and are so quick to dismiss and they bash on page one.
I think that probably leads other members to dismiss these threads
before they really know what it's about.

These dismissive posts are all the same really "where's the proof ? Which Scientists?
Which are all valid questions but as stated by you and I, the fact is,
the OP's topic is a well studied science.

Maybe swabbed skin cells haven't been at the forefront but shoot, now they
have found entanglement in the Macro world with the two diamonds experiment.
Yep... real experiment, real scientists.

When an OP is berated like this, I picture Two Beastie Boys* (one for each ear)
yelling these questions at the OP." Yeah? What scientists? If you don't answer now with
links and a signed affidavit, the quantum world doesn't exist, because we said so !
The volume (or dominance in print) & the fact that there are two of them, makes them right.
And yet, so very wrong...

*Ps I like the Beastie Boys no offense to them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

If this story is so rampant on the internet...why hasnt anyone come out to scientifically prove it wrong.

Gregg Braden Debunked

The video above addresses the claims made by Gregg Bradens regarding the following .......

The Schumann Resonances
Pole Shift
The Earth Stops Rotating
The Photon Belt
The Sun’s Magnetic Field
Quantum Physics , Entaglement, Bell’s inequality EPR Paradox
Fraudulent Footnotes
The Great Red Spot
The Maharishi Effect
The God Code
Messages from Water
The Global Consciousness Project
The Council of Nicaea
Jesus and Conclusion

Alternatively, if you do not wish to watch the full 1 hour 20 minutes and would like to see a video addressing one of the subjects listed above - the video has been broken up into shorter Youtube videos which addresses each topic on their own.
The links for these videos can be found on here. Gregg Braden Debunked

And an interesting review of Gregg Bradens work can be found here A Rough Guide to New Age Teachers The review is featured on what appears to be a `New Age` website called Energy Grid

Just reading some of the info now ......

You just debunked Greg. Not quantum entanglement.
If I debunk David Koresh, Do I debunk God?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Good thread Foxy1 s&f. Been doing alot of research into this over the last few years. Have already seen the video. This theory explains so many little quirks of life that before we all thought were just a coincidence. Like how twins share a connection no matter how great the distance. How someone can effect our mood with a simple hand shake. We only have 2 basic emotions love and fear, every other emotion is a combination of the 2 or just one to a lesser or greater degree. Sadly fear has overtaken the majority of people and they are effecting the world as a whole.

As the earth passes further into the ether plane these emotions will only become stronger and more profound. Until we learn how to controle them things will only get worse... Because people won't understand what is happening to them. This is what the Mayans were trying to tell us. For alot of people it will be the end of the world. They simply can't handle the new emotions that will arise from all this. Others will embrace it and rise above the rest with a new profound understanding of one's self and the world around them. Exciting times indeed... The potental locked away in us is amazing but we first must understand and learn how to controle it. This is something that can't simply be given, or taken, it must be earned and learned. You must be prepared to accept this or your body and spirit will be at war with one another.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I have to ask what is your qualifications?I mean it's only being discussed here as a possibility nothing more.why the backlash?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That is incredible..honestly can't star and flag this enough. As a reiki practitioner, and someone studying rosicrucianism, I'm not surprised, but still, it's amazing. I love how the experiments showed a PHYSICAL effect on DNA via emotions; not just something etheric and not measurable, so people can grasp the concept easier. You really are harming yourself when you hold on to anger, jealousy, and rage, and helping yourself when you walk in serenity and forgiveness(forgiveness is something I have a hard time with). Amazing stuff, thanks for posting it.
edit on 11-1-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here's another article about DNA and emotions/memories:

"Now Courtney Miller and David Sweatt of the University of Alabama in Birmingham say that long-term memories may be preserved by a process called DNA methylation - the addition of chemical caps called methyl groups onto our DNA.

Many genes are already coated with methyl groups. When a cell divides, this "cellular memory" is passed on and tells the new cell what type it is".

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

If I debunk David Koresh, Do I debunk God?

I didn`t debunk anything. I posted some information which claims to debunk many of Gregg Bradens claims.

Its was titled Gregg Braden Debunked - so yes ......... it wasn`t quantum entanglement that was debunked. You are a bright one .

Like I said earlier - I am still going through ALL the information before commenting further.

Perhaps you should do likewise.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Foxy1

That's very interesting.

If there is indeed a field present here I wonder how much it intermingles with the fields of people around us. Such an interesting thought, I've never considered anything like that before. If this is true, and there exists a real tangible field around the individual that connects to others, that could explain several things. It could explain the "spark" between couples, the affect of large gatherings of people at emotional events, and possibly even access to the global network of "common" sense. Common in the idea that we share access to that intuitive ability.

It make me wonder what would happen to those who venture into space on trips like the 100 year starship that is in the works. What sort of range could we expect this field, if it exists, to have? And what are the effects of leaving this field? Hmm..

Awesome thought provoking video, thanks for posting it!

I'd say it intermingles a lot..

Or at least with some people anyway. This could definately be an official way of explaining some so called psychic abilities like precognition and Empathy. Some people can pick up on other's fields perhaps and know they are comming, thinking about them or can sense the emotions of others as they their fields connect or are directed at each other.

Perhaps the crazies are not as crazy after all and it's just a natural part of the human function, only some are more sensitive to it...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join