It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
After moving into this new rental home of ours, me and my wife have been experiencing them odd things around the home. For the most part we've just heard odd noises as if someone was in the basement or in one of the rooms, but on New Years Eve I actually saw what I can only describe as a mist in the master bedroom.

It may be worth noting that we have a 3 month old who seems to sometimes stare off and smile around the room. Most noises I brush off because the house was built in 1909, but what I saw was the first paranormal experience I've had. I'm coming out of lurking on ATS to ask what this mist could be? A "ghost" trying to form maybe?

Also, at the time when I saw the mist the lights were off in that room and I was standing in the living room holding our child. Other than that I have not seen anything else, but I do feel as if someone is watching me, or see things out of the corners of my eyes all the time.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
id suggest watching your baby for any additional signs of being distracted by some sort of presence
as far as the mist, no light source was in the room? if it was dark and if there was a ray of light coming from the windows it could shine a light on particles of dust which is all i could think of.

too early to set up cameras though haha..but definitely interesting

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XSilencedxdream

Before you jump to paranormal explanations, you would be wise to think what else it might be. The mist could be a trick of light. It might also be your vision.

What did it look like? was it moving? Solid? Did it have a light of its own? If it did, then this could indicate a spirit or entity there.

Noises in old houses can drive you nuts. Usually, there are simple explanations for those, too.

What you have here is what I would call an interesting event. It could be worth paying attention and possibly documenting when anything happens. it is possible this is paranormal. But keep your mind open to normal explanations first, and try to debunk it each time.

I am a believer in the paranormal, by the way. I just think it makes sense to look at it rationally first.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i agree with above comments, but as a photographer i can say you have to make sure any and all possible explanations are debunked because they are right Light and the lack thereof can do very strange things, also old houses tend to be dusty creaky ect. Make sure you keep a look out, for your child first and foremost, If you debunk any and all situations and possibilities, keep thinking of possibilities as you are skeptical and maybe if your super paranoid or it gets worse you should put a nanny cam on the baby evp tends to be easy to catch but you have to have software to do it i would have it on a solid surface so theres no chance of shaking, taking away any theories of drafty windows or whatnot.

i watch way too much of this stuff. i could go on for hours feel free to add me and message me im not saying i know everything but ive read up on the stuff a little bit

top topics

join