It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, you can't sleep? Here is why!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I probably don't have to tell most of you how bad fluoride is for your health, but here is a link on the subject that elaborates on the negative effects of fluoride and suggests ways to avoid it.
Fluoride-Free

So you can't sleep? It's no wonder why, you've only been drinking fluoridated water since the 1940's and 1950's. The pineal gland, which is responsible for realsing the chemical 'Melatonin', gets your mind and body prepared for sleep. The pineal gland is also where fluoride accumulates the most when you ingest it. Prolonged ingestion of fluoride results in many horrible side-effects with only one MINOR benefit... healthier teeth. When fluoride accumulates in the pineal gland, calcification occurs, making the pineal gland less functional. Thus, a decreased amount of melatonin is secreted and you can't sleep. Investigation on the effect of fluoride in humans is still being done, but in gerbils the results showed a decreased amount of melatonin and an earlier onset of puberty for the females.
Dr. Jennifer Luke's research

I see/hear more and more people complaining about not getting enough sleep because they simply can't, even though they have a regular routine.

Just a side note, there are also a lot of very young girls hitting puberty much earlier than they should be.
Article from msnbc- 8 YEAR-OLD girls hitting puberty
Mice and Humans are genetically alike enough to where tests done on them draw mostly accurate similarities if done on humans. If fluoride causes our pineal glands to calcify, our childrens teeth to develope fluorosis, and our daughters to hit puberty WAY earlier than they should be, then why do we, the people, still allow it to be added to our water supply. America is one of very few countries which still fluoridate their water.

What would it take to stop fluoridating the water?
edit on 10-1-2012 by NotApplicable because: grammatical error

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
try again, there are some of us lucky enough to live on a farm and drink water from a spring-fed well.

Next?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NotApplicable

Then why am i having trouble sleeping when I've only drank well water most of my life?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
so which bottled water is the safest?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I don't drink flouridated water.

I collect rainwater off our roof, it goes into an underground concrete tank, sits for several months and is overflowed into a secondary tank.

The oxygenated water 2 inches under the surface of this tank is pumped through a multi-stage filter including osmotic and charcoal elements.

It tastes lovely.

I still can't sleep!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Here in Finland we don't add fluoride in tap water. Still i'm having trouble sleeping, but that's due to an obvious reason: stress. When people get stressed, the cortisol and adrenaline levels in the blood rise making you too "wired" to fall asleep.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I collect rainwater off our roof

So what about the radiation in the rain? Does that all get filtered out too?
edit on 10-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Really should be going to sleep but i just cant sleep!!.
Good job ive got ATS to delve through though.

Anyone who finds a solution let us know!!
Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Immediately dismiss the idea because you don't drink fluoridated water? The active ingredient in toothpaste is sodium fluoride, which is much more concentrated than in water. There are other healthier alternatives for teeth brushing. You drink well water, where as the majority of americans do not.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Nice! But in America it is illegal for us to trap rain water

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Your gonna have to show me that my gums are absorbing more fluoride from my toothpaste than drinking fluoridated water because I don't swallow my toothpaste. And since A person would drink more water than brush a day I find this to be a cruddy second excuse.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BinarySamurai

It doesn't have to be absorbed through the gums... maybe if you spent 10 minutes rinsing your mouth out you would get it all out, if not then you are swallowing a fair amount depending on how many times you brush a day and how much you rinse your mouth with well water. I'm not making excuses I'm stating facts I've gathered from much research on the subject, but you are entitled to your opinion

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
try again, there are some of us lucky enough to live on a farm and drink water from a spring-fed well.

Next?

bleh well water, i'll take my chances with the city tap thank you

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I actually fell asleep on my pc and my leg bumped the table it is sitting on and woke me up before I fell over. Now I'm wide awake again though. I can actually fall asleep fast without warning which is not good if I happen to be driving. I believe my stress level is actually dropping. It's been a long time since I've felt this relaxed. I'm not telling anyone at work because I get the impression I will get dumped on big time if they thought I didn't have a ton of work to keep me sweating about how I was going to get it all done in a short amount of time. I should probably go get more sleep instead of surfing the internet. It's almost like forces are conspiring to help me relax. Right now I hear an old but good Led Zeppelin song on the radio. It seems like a big change removing excessive stress. You start to relax. I've been drinking regular tap water up until a few months ago when I started drinking water using a simple filter. I believe it does not stop fluoride from getting in it. Apparently I once had oil in the water I drank as a kid when I was younger. I was told that. I don't know if it's true or not. I imagine oil could be worse than fluoride.
edit on 11/1/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If it is fluoride that is the reason that people have problems with insomnia, then who's to say it needs to be in the toothpaste or water? What if all the pre-packaged goodness from the store has fluoride added to it? I also wonder if any scientists have ever tested for the presence of it? Has the FDA ever let fluoride be added as a food ingredient or preservative?
edit on 1/11/2012 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by valkyrie7

I just posted about the bottled water thing....

lists of fluoridated and non fluoridated bottled water

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Yes, great question. Since the water supply itself is fluoridated, the water used in the making of some food products also has fluoride.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Im wondering if my treasured soda contain fluoride....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I was wondering too if soda contains fluoride, but I'm not sure if the carbonated water they use is from the same source.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I don't drink flouridated water.

I collect rainwater off our roof, it goes into an underground concrete tank, sits for several months and is overflowed into a secondary tank.

The oxygenated water 2 inches under the surface of this tank is pumped through a multi-stage filter including osmotic and charcoal elements.

It tastes lovely.

I still can't sleep!

nice seup! how much did that cost you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join