It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever known a psychopath?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by pasiphae

Originally posted by The GUT
Sociopathic then I'd have to say yes. Psychopath not so much.

same here, my dad, in my case.

other than having obtained a "Psycho-Sense" along with a unique and special insight into the mentality of TCOTBIP as a result; i really don't want to be sharing any anecdotes, not to mention the possible T&C violations inherent.

off topic: are you aware that your username is that of a mythical Minoan queen who was so into a certain white bull [or rather the bull was into her] that she gave birth to the Minotaur?
edit on 10-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

sociopaths tend to have social difficulty. psychopaths are more cunning.

and yes, i know. i didn't pick it because of that. i picked it because it was one of the many jupiter moons.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Phyco & sociopaths are not necessarily aggressive.
The 'talented' and notorious ones,
are extremely passive yet deceitful.

edit on 10/1/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I would like to point out that, as a kid, frogs played an important part in lots of things.

Every rocket powered experimental model boat, plane, car, ALWAYS had a frog as test pilot. Often there were M80s involved, too, usually ending up in frog guts all over the place.

So I guess I'm a psycho. Sorry, but I don't think I am. There was one psycho kid in our neighborhood, I'm sure he turned out to be some kind of rapist or serial killer. You could tell from a very young age. Killing cats and stuff.

But the rest of us were blowing up some frogs. Like, all the time. BB guns were even involved. M80s. Rocket engines. You know, kid stuff.

yeah, seen kids smush frogs a lot. not really something to worry so much about. smushing a cat... that's another thing altogether.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown known
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

haha I dont think thats what the OP was referring to. That man was most likely a sex offender.
edit on 10-1-2012 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

i agree. although many psychopaths are sex offenders.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

OMGosh!
That is a psychopath.
Scary....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I would like to point out that, as a kid, frogs played an important part in lots of things.

Every rocket powered experimental model boat, plane, car, ALWAYS had a frog as test pilot. Often there were M80s involved, too, usually ending up in frog guts all over the place.

So I guess I'm a psycho. Sorry, but I don't think I am. There was one psycho kid in our neighborhood, I'm sure he turned out to be some kind of rapist or serial killer. You could tell from a very young age. Killing cats and stuff.

But the rest of us were blowing up some frogs. Like, all the time. BB guns were even involved. M80s. Rocket engines. You know, kid stuff.

Did you witness any of them smash one through a tennis racket's threads as slow as possible so each individual square bubbled up as slowly as possible until many squares split open and eventually the animal died all the while enjoying fellow children's stunned reaction? Then witness him successfully lie about it? Or maybe you witnessed them get a joy out of "accidentally" slamming another child's hand in an oak door frame over and over again as if he couldn't hear the kid screaming and he thought there was some other obstruction stopping the door from closing.

I'm not talking about kids playing Lost in Space using frogs as the astronauts flying though the air. This is the only psychopath I've ever met...as I clarified in my first post that was just one example which was actually mild compared to other examples which involved making people suffer...which I won't go into. Not all threads/posts need to be debunked...sometimes someone just asks for an example of someone experiencing something and the people answer with their experiences. FFS...
edit on 10-1-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

ack!!! psychopath. yes.

i feel a bit nauseous after reading more. ugg...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

My aunt is a psychopath. She was always a manipulative emotionless person. She was terrible to her children and had them taken away twice. She went "normal" for a little while then all hell broke lose. She killed my baby cousin, she threw him in the furnace in a fit of jealousy that my uncle payed more attention to the baby than to her. That is a Psychopath.
edit on 10-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: rip joshy boy

wow. yep. either that or schizophrenic tendencies. but likely psychopath.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i was involved with a psychopath. i have never been involved with anyone "crazy" before. i'm in my early 40's, have good friends, am a good judge of character.

i suffer from PTSD due to the whole thing. he never hurt me but i know some of the things he's done.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
i'd like to hear some other experiences with psychopaths. i'm not talking about people who are just mean.... but people who have no conscience. they fake emotion to fool people and have no other mission than self "pleasure". they aren't all killers. some never physically harm anyone. many do.

have you known one? are you one? (since this site is essentially anonymous i figure it can't hurt to ask - some like to boast about it). were you married to or were you in a relationship with one?

I have known and met more then just a few psychopaths each where very different in their path or fixation but all where single minded in the way they went about achieving it- they only knew their way

I have know only one true sociopath he has been a friend and adversary since little league and even now when we play poker against as well in support of each other you have to respect you adversary or they will beat you but they are great allies when a fish sits and plays,

He has tout me more about human psychology then you could learn in any book or school

if mind the star wars analogy of the force he knows the power of the darkside
but unlike a psychopath he know what hes doing to be wrong right or both so his mistakes are few if any at all and will fall at the feet of those easily lead astray

so beating him is most often not playing his game but playing his weak point like the fact that he likes to gamble and chase the flush draw and can lack patients make him over agressive

but both of us rarely show are cards against others unless they pay the price to see

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Yes, she's a terrible person, Im so glad she is locked away so she cant hurt anyone else. She has even gone after the orderlies on many occasions. Now they medicate her so she cant move fast . I'm glad she is a prisoner in her own body. May she burn in hell.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

At first we assumed that but he never claimed to hear voices. She always acted in a way that she was "working" for herself. She did terrible things to get what she wanted.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Or at least die repentant, in confinement?
You have to let go and forgive for your own sake.
By forgive, I don't mean write her and visit or even talk to her. She made her crazy choice.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

At first we assumed that but he never claimed to hear voices. She always acted in a way that she was "working" for herself. She did terrible things to get what she wanted.

so awful!! i'm so sorry you had to experience that. it must haunt you. i don't know of anyone my psychopath has killed but it wouldn't surprise me. i know he thinks about it. he doesn't want to be caught though and that keeps him from doing what he really wants.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Or at least die repentant, in confinement?
You have to let go and forgive for your own sake.
By forgive, I don't mean write her and visit or even talk to her. She made her crazy choice.

until i was involved with a psychopath i would have said what you're saying. i don't believe in the death penalty. however, knowing the depths of a psychopath will change the way you see things. i never EVER thought i would feel this way but it changed me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
yes...ive known a few..some of them were my ex girlfriends.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

i'd like to hear some other experiences with psychopaths. i'm not talking about people who are just mean.... but people who have no conscience.

It sounds more like you're speaking about people who are amoral, as opposed to a true psychopath. Those who are amoral operate within a social vacuum without cause or concern for others. I'm sure some of this behavior can be pinned down to mere selfishness, but it is more than likely a bit more complex than that.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorpheusUSA

Traits
Hare Psychopathy Checklist
Factor 1
Aggressive narcissism

Glibness/superficial charm
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Pathological lying
Cunning/manipulative
Lack of remorse or guilt
Emotionally shallow
Callous/lack of empathy
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2
Socially deviant lifestyle

Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Parasitic lifestyle
Poor behavioral control
Promiscuous sexual behavior
Lack of realistic, long-term goals
Impulsiveness
Irresponsibility
Juvenile delinquency
Early behavioral problems
Revocation of conditional release
Many short-term marital relationships
Criminal versatility
Reference

~Morpheus

other than the marital relationships and promiscuous sexual behavior (not that I know of)....that describes my neighbor 2 doors down. he is 13-14 and first time I met him and observed his behaviors i had a gut feeling he would be a killer or sex offender eventually. it sounds horrible to say that about a kid, but that list above describes him to a T.....he is not a normal 13-14yr old boy. he is incredibly creepy and scary and none of the parents around here will let their kids play with him....cant tell you how many times i almost called the cops on him....

i actually am afraid of him in a sense
because he knows that i wont allow him anywhere near my house...ive had confrontations with him...and he will stand on the sidewalk in front of my house and just stare me down or any kids playing out there.....im afraid he will come after me one day....seriously....

kid needs some serious help and his grandmother who is raising him because his mom is a meth head.....does nothing. she is probably afraid of him too.

one day i took my big ass mean german shepherd out there to scare him off - he would not walk away from the front of my house....he didnt even FLINCH at my dog wanting to kill him! one day, the police will be called.
edit on January 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i was married to psychopath...
the experience was so messed up, after 5 years, i still will not date... its not worth it...

i don't really want to get into it much, but I encourage everyone to look for the signs of psychopath (probably not the things you would think), if you end up around one of these people, RUN.. They do not like you, they do not love you, they can't, they have no emotions...

a couple signs,
a psychopath will go to bed, go right to sleep... wake up, and get right up immediately.. there is no "damn, i dont wanna get up"...
a psychopath usually has a real fake smile. they always use it, so it is hard to spot, most psychopath do not get crow feet around the eyes for that reason...
a psychopath usually will have a past that does not quite add up...

i have ran into plenty of psychopaths dealing with the public, but being married to one just takes the life out of you...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
yeah Ive known a guy who was a full on evil person, i would class him as a psychopath/sociopath for sure.

He was a master at decieving and came from a very wealthy background, His mother and her partner owned a pharmaceutical company and were loaded.. When he was younger he stole her credit card and moved from the states 2 new zealand and spent 60 000 over the course of a year before she noticed he was taking money.

He used to do his best to corrupt people, writing cant do justice to how evil this person was. He would enjoy convincing young girls to try P (crystal meth in NZ) for the first time and watch them ruin there lives. He was also extremely smart and had an uncanny way of making events work out in his favor, its hard to explain. He would currently be 20 years old and entitled to a trust fund of 1 000 000 this coming may, i hate to think what he will do with that money
edit on 10-1-2012 by BillyTJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420

a couple signs,
a psychopath will go to bed, go right to sleep... wake up, and get right up immediately.. there is no "damn, i dont wanna get up"...
a psychopath usually has a real fake smile. they always use it, so it is hard to spot, most psychopath do not get crow feet around the eyes for that reason...
a psychopath usually will have a past that does not quite add up...

those are simply not true. im sorry, but those are NOT signs of a pychopath.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join