It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Roaring Noise In Northern Michigan - Light Show Too!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by OldCorp

That's a very good question. Seems all the other "noise in the sky" threads are in Fragile Earth??

I thought of putting it there, but the lights in the sky added more of a UFO feel to it.

this is what I think is making the sound. I believe the sound people hear is focused on specific target areas and this is the type of silent craft that does that:

by the way let me know if the video keeps having loading problems
edit on 11-1-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Any particular reason this was moved to Skunk Works? Isn't that like a "demotion" for threads that are full of BS?
edit on 1/10/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Maybe the mods know something about you that we don't?

In all honesty I don't buy into all the rumbling videos as I can't hear any rumbling and add for the lights, they couldbe flares since they don't move around. There is nothing substantial about this video. There is however a substantial amount of gratuitous self promotion on your part.

Nothing amazing here. must be a slow news day.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've been pretty interested in these noise phenomenon as I read about them, and then I just ran across this when I logged onto my YouTube account. Apparently there were similar noises throughout Costa Rica today! Here's the link

watch?v=86XpvRCV57I&feature=g-all-u&context=G28e819eFAAAAAAAABAA

Sorry, I'm not quite certain how to embed a link (new to this site). If you put that into YouTube it will call it up...
edit on 11-1-2012 by BBobb because: I'm not ATS savvy yet...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by will615

I'm in Michigan, too, yet haven't heard of any of these rumblings or lights. I've only heard of fracking in Ohio.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist reply to post by OldCorp Sorry to beat a dead horse, I have posted these vids numerous times the last couple o days in response to 'strange rumbling noises." Fracking, coming soon to a town near you The lights however??? edit on 10-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given) If it were "fracking," wouldn't the noise have lasted more than 10 minutes? Surely an operation like that would take at least several hours. And yes, the lights in concert with the noise were a unique phenomenon. edit on 1/10/2012 by OldCorp because: my "L" key sticks
reply to post by OldCorp

Probly wouldnt be too hard to find out where the nearest fracking site is to your location. Might be worth checking into. I doubt even noise that loud (fracking motors I mean) would travel more than a mile with any real volume. And I think there are regulations preventing them from fracking close to communities because of all the poison they squirt into the ground water. Gotta be aliens!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Seems like a waste of thread space for people to just post comments expressing they are not impressed so its probably just a plane or flares. There are a lot of good replies that reasonably dismiss these explanations as well. Try to be constructive.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

Military training is certainly a possibility. I was talking with someone tonight that said he saw a bunch of A-10 Warthogs at the former Wurtsmith Air Force Base, which was officially closed about 10 years ago. The National Guard may be using Wurtsmith to conduct exercises, which is something I will look into.

The skies were filled with aircraft of all sorts tonight, and for Northern Michigan this is extremely unusual. I had my new HD camera at the ready but never saw or heard anything noteworthy. The sounds of the jet engines overhead were similar to what I heard the night before last; it's the duration and intensity that were different. As I said, the initial "rumbling" lasted about 10 minutes and came from one direction - as if a jet were sitting on a runway on full afterburner but not moving. I didn't hear that again tonight, but again, the skies were FILLED with aircraft of all sorts.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
Hey, OC! I just now had the time to re-watch your video... WOW.

Those lights are pretty crazy! Was there any shape to them or around them? Maybe your nekkid eye could see more than what we see in the vid!!

Hi Jenny!

No, there was no shape or structure that I could see, only the lights. Whatever natural night vision I might have had was ruined by me watching the lights through the camera viewfinder. I kept watching after I stopped the recording but didn't see anything more.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
OldCorp: Thank you for the video! It's a great one. Your credibility here on ATS speaks volumes.

S+F for you my friend!

I'm 99.9% sure, quite positive, that these are not flares people. I'm reallly (haha, not really) sorry to rain on these here "Flarer's" parade!
Guess the swampgassers are up next.

I'm going with...

TR3B mebbe?

ETA: Do you think you could get us a daytime video or picture of the area you filmed the light formation? That way we could rule out lights on a mountain, towers, etc.
edit on 11-1-2012 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the compliment at the beginning. To quote Tony Montana, "All I got are my balls and my word, and I don't break them for nobody." Other than my family, my honor is the only thing of value that I possess; and if I say something then people can take it to the bank that I believe it to be true. I might be wrong on occasion, but I'll never lie about anything.

Sure I can take a pic of the view in the daytime. The sun will be up in an hour or so. After I get the kids off to school I'll go out and take the pic.

TR3B? IDK. I saw nothing but the shooting lights. Their behavior really resembled a roman candle, but the size of them precludes a roman candle tied to an R/C plane for example as a possibility.

edit on 1/12/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Looking at the start of your video we see at the left of the frame what looks like contrails, you say your 140 miles from the nearest airport that doesn't mean aircraft don't fly over the area.

It sounds like jets and we see what looks like contrails!

As for the lights I would like to see a video in daylight from same position to see whats around the area!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

Military training is certainly a possibility. I was talking with someone tonight that said he saw a bunch of A-10 Warthogs at the former Wurtsmith Air Force Base, which was officially closed about 10 years ago. The National Guard may be using Wurtsmith to conduct exercises, which is something I will look into.

The skies were filled with aircraft of all sorts tonight, and for Northern Michigan this is extremely unusual. I had my new HD camera at the ready but never saw or heard anything noteworthy. The sounds of the jet engines overhead were similar to what I heard the night before last; it's the duration and intensity that were different. As I said, the initial "rumbling" lasted about 10 minutes and came from one direction - as if a jet were sitting on a runway on full afterburner but not moving. I didn't hear that again tonight, but again, the skies were FILLED with aircraft of all sorts.

I'm not saying that that is where the sound was coming from... but since you mentioned it - yesterday there were big black helicopters going over my house all day long! Very unusual. I live in the lower part of the lower peninsula.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think they have been doing military exercises lately. I've heard this rumbling a few times in lower michigan too, but im kind of close to an airport, I can tell the sound of a 747 all day but these things sound big whatever they are.

I dont know where you live exactly but there is also an air base in Grayling, and they do a lot of military training over there with tanks, artillery, bombing runs, etc.

So with the tensions flaring again in the middle east im going to say maybe some big cargo planes like a C-5, C-17 or some gunships like AC-10s or maybe something even bigger they dont want us to see since its always at night when the rumbles happen.
edit on 12-1-2012 by A-Dub because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by OldCorp

Looking at the start of your video we see at the left of the frame what looks like contrails, you say your 140 miles from the nearest airport that doesn't mean aircraft don't fly over the area.

It sounds like jets and we see what looks like contrails!

As for the lights I would like to see a video in daylight from same position to see whats around the area!

Here's a pic from that angle for you; just took it. Please excuse the blizzard.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Man I thought it was cold were I live
Nice picture by the way thanks!

Was that were you were standing to do your video?
edit on 13-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Pretty much yeah. BTW, we've had about 2 more inches of snow since I took that this morning with 4-6 more on the way. I'm so glad I have a snowmobile; I'll need it to get to my truck.

Current temperature: 15F

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Pretty much yeah. BTW, we've had about 2 more inches of snow since I took that this morning with 4-6 more on the way. I'm so glad I have a snowmobile; I'll need it to get to my truck.

Had a look at the video again now what i thought was a contrail was the thicker braches of the tree showing faintly now the is a small airport nearby so I will say the lights appear to fade/go out because the smaller branches obscure them.

I bet if you film at a similar time you will get a similar results if flights are regular!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Here's a short drive down the street for your enjoyment.

Brrrrr.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Not sure exactly where you are, but there was a train derailment right around that time in St. Helen. LOUD AS HELL.
edit on 22-1-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Excellent footage of whatever the lights were, I live about 10 miles from the 45 parallel in Northern Michigan myself and spend lots of time enjoying the lack of light pollution at night. I do a lot of nighttime walleye trolling and have seen some pretty strange things in the sky around here that I wish I had caught on camera, good job on the quickdraw.

What originally caught my attention about your post was the mention of the rumbling noise, about a month and a half ago I was holding down the couch getting ready to fall asleep when I noticed a low rumbling about the volume of a jet flying over moderately low. I went outside to see if it was a fighter or something flying over as I've been seeing quite a few of them cooking across the sky lately when I noticed the sound just maintained the same volume for about 10 minutes. It sounded like a continuous roll of thunder mixed with a military jet but it stayed at exactly the same volume until it abruptly quit. Quite odd

Did the sound taper off or did it stop suddenly?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionsEverything
reply to post by OldCorp

Excellent footage of whatever the lights were, I live about 10 miles from the 45 parallel in Northern Michigan myself and spend lots of time enjoying the lack of light pollution at night. I do a lot of nighttime walleye trolling and have seen some pretty strange things in the sky around here that I wish I had caught on camera, good job on the quickdraw.

What originally caught my attention about your post was the mention of the rumbling noise, about a month and a half ago I was holding down the couch getting ready to fall asleep when I noticed a low rumbling about the volume of a jet flying over moderately low. I went outside to see if it was a fighter or something flying over as I've been seeing quite a few of them cooking across the sky lately when I noticed the sound just maintained the same volume for about 10 minutes. It sounded like a continuous roll of thunder mixed with a military jet but it stayed at exactly the same volume until it abruptly quit. Quite odd

Did the sound taper off or did it stop suddenly?

It tapered off, and that is exactly what I hear for about the same duration of time. Except the sky was clear and I didn't see any planes. I believe they are required to have their navigational lights on, and I saw none of that. Although I HAVE seen a LOT of military activity up here lately, all airborne, in all shapes and sizes from C-130's to A-10 Warthogs, day and night.

I "retired" up here to fish, hunt, and lay on the dock to watch the Northern Lights in my sleeping bag; not live in the middle of a wargame.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join