It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Roaring Noise In Northern Michigan - Light Show Too!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

cool catch s/f

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I was outside this afternoon and heard this same roaring sound. Looked up and watched two stealth bombers fly over with a fueling tanker. Just a guess the lights may have been flares or something to do with refueling.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Maybe a plane dropping flares?

They do seem to light up and go out in succession.

Just a thought.

I repeat this so many times. I have it copied to a notepad so I can copy and paste it as required.

Here is the thing about flares. Flares produce lots of two things. The first is light. Flares light up the ground for miles around. The second thing they produce is SMOKE. Due to the light, you will not miss the smoke. If you do not see smoke, you are not seeing a flare.

Several years ago I watched somebody try to hoax a Phoenix Lights sighting with flares tied to a triangular platform that was lifted up the side of San Tan Mountain by hikers. The amount of smoke from the flares made it painfully obvious that a hoax was being committed.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
I was outside this afternoon and heard this same roaring sound. Looked up and watched two stealth bombers fly over with a fueling tanker. Just a guess the lights may have been flares or something to do with refueling.

That is certainly a possibility. Now the question is: What would they be doing in the skies over Timbuktu Michigan near the Canadian border? This is a bit out of their normal flight paths methinks. When I covered the first Gulf War for CBS, the bombers that left Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs to bomb targets in Iraq took a path over Kentucky and Tennessee. That is several hundred miles south of me; there's nothing up here but 12-point bucks, elk, and Brown bear (Here kitty kitty... hehehehe.)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

You could well be right but it does not explain the same kind of sound heard here on our coast and around the world where there is no fracking no mining and no gas lines, no factories, no anything that could be the source as far as is known.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx

You are right that the sound is similar, but many of us have heard this go on and on for over and hour sometimes several hours.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for sharing this video. Just wondering how close you are to the border or to Great Lakes waters? I know they're patrolling with drones, and was wondering if the light show at the beginning wasn't an air search for night time contraband runners?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As another poster commented, these aren't flares because of the way a flare would look and the effect it would have on the area.

Here's my theory on some of these sounds, although obviously I can't say this IS the answer:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for sharing this video. Just wondering how close you are to the border or to Great Lakes waters? I know they're patrolling with drones, and was wondering if the light show at the beginning wasn't an air search for night time contraband runners?

60 miles south of Canada and right on Lake Huron. The lights however, were inland.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

hey bob - really interesting video, interesting the way the lights seem to 'step back'... very interesting!

e2a: i have seen those fracking video's before but one thing I noticed was that those guys aren't wearing ear protectors so it cant be that noisy... just a thought

good video

dd
edit on 11-1-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Near Milwaukee we have been seeing obviously faked UFO's for about a week or so now. Closer inspection reveals they are actually black helicopters like the DEA uses, but with LED light arrays added to them flashing them in unusual patterns/colors. I don't know what's up, but my gut feel is a false flag war of the worlds alien invasion is coming soon.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am in Mt. Pleasant, I planned on taking a nice walk down to the liquor store a little later. I'll keep my eyes open. Good vid.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm almost sure: nightly dogfight and flare dropping.
They are going to attack Iran anytime soon, which will be a tough one, so they can't exercise enough now...

Ko3

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I too live on the 45 th parallel in northeastern mi. I have been hearing it rumble outside. I just assumed that it was low flying jets.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey, OC! I just now had the time to re-watch your video... WOW.

Those lights are pretty crazy! Was there any shape to them or around them? Maybe your nekkid eye could see more than what we see in the vid!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Nice catch OP...I live in Southeast Michigan, and I have heard these strange rumblings on and off for about a year now. As far as the lights, you seem to live quite a ways from Selfridge AFB in Mount Clemens, MI..But they do have quite an assortment of aircraft at that facility. This base has the 107th fighter squadron, which flies the A-10 Warthog aircraft. Who knows, could've been some training mission, but I doubt it, those lights look different from anything I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

looks like somone climbed up on the roof of a house and 3 people did leap frog with some led lights. it was great that you completely moved the background out of frame to zoom in beore the lights start blinking.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
OldCorp: Thank you for the video! It's a great one. Your credibility here on ATS speaks volumes.

S+F for you my friend!

I'm 99.9% sure, quite positive, that these are not flares people. I'm reallly (haha, not really) sorry to rain on these here "Flarer's" parade!
Guess the swampgassers are up next.

I'm going with...

TR3B mebbe?

ETA: Do you think you could get us a daytime video or picture of the area you filmed the light formation? That way we could rule out lights on a mountain, towers, etc.
edit on 11-1-2012 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

eh...Sounds sort of like a highway and looks like some ordinary lights.

Sorry, not convinced.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Those lights DO NOT resemble anything even remotely similar to a training exercise. Planes DO NOT just glow as a solid light like that. Not even from a distance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join