It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Roaring Noise In Northern Michigan - Light Show Too!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is my first "UFO" video, so please be kind. I actually took this myself a couple of hours ago. Here is the video; the description is below:

This footage was taken near the 45th parallel in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan at 7:20 p.m. on 1/10/2012. I uploaded it directly from the camera for maximum quality, and I have not edited or converted the footage in any way.

The roaring sound was initially much louder than what I captured, but by the time I got into the house and got my camera it had faded quite a bit. From start to finish the sound lasted about 10 minutes. About 45 seconds into the video, I noticed, and zoomed into, lights in the sky; what looked like roman candles being set off thousands of feet in the air. Flares, to the best of my knowledge, last much longer than a short second, so I don't know what these lights were.

I didn't even notice the lights at first, but when I did I focused in on them immediately. I saw this exact same thing last week over the town of Ossineke but since I didn't have any proof I didn't say anything. I could not tell if there was a roaring noise last week as I was traveling in a rather loud pickup and since I wasn't expecting to hear anything I wasn't listening.

There are no active military installations anywhere near here. The closest would have been Wurtsmith Air Force Base, but it closed down many years ago. The local airport is only large enough to service turboprops; the closet jet capable airport is in Saginaw, which is about 140 miles away. Yes I live in the sticks. All the better to ride out TEOTWAWKI.

I make no judgment as to what this phenomena was. Honestly, I do not know. But I'm sure that one of you fine people will come up with a suitable explanation.

edit on 1/10/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Very interesting. I'm in Southwest Michigan. Makes me want to head out for a bit and look around. My wants a new video camera so we're buying one this week with 30x optical zoom so hopefully I'll be lucky enough to catch something.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
Very interesting. I'm in Southwest Michigan. Makes me want to head out for a bit and look around. My wants a new video camera so we're buying one this week with 30x optical zoom so hopefully I'll be lucky enough to catch something.

Optical zoom is where it's at. You can have a camera that says "800X Digital Zoom" (mine does,) but all that means is that it electronically "zooms in" on whatever the optical sensor is capturing at 6, 8, or 30X, and not on the subject itself. It's good for bringing distant objects into the field of view, but detail suffers quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Sorry to beat a dead horse, I have posted these vids numerous times the last couple o days in response to 'strange rumbling noises."
Michigan Fracking
Me thinks many of them are this:

Fracking, coming soon to a town near you
The lights however???

edit on 10-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Maybe a plane dropping flares?

They do seem to light up and go out in succession.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Be kind ???
That was f****** awesome, Thanks !

Could be one of those giant triangles
the Air-Force flies around.
They don't always have all three lights on.
Lots of triangle UFO sightings in Michigan .

The rumble is indeed weird, a lot of those
lately too.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
OldCorp,
I'm about 2 hrs. south of you. I've been following these 'strange sound' threads for a while now.
Wish I was lucky enough to hear it, but hell no. Seems like everyone on Earth has heard it but me!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Ok OldCorp.

Being that it is you and I have found nothing to debunk any of your previous threads on various subjects...I'm with you on this.

Sometimes it's not just the subject matter but the source right?

What are your thoughts as to what we're looking at?

S&F

edit on 10-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You know they are only going to say it's a led light, Chinese lantern, lens flare, you name it. Awesome video.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by OldCorp

Sorry to beat a dead horse, I have posted these vids numerous times the last couple o days in response to 'strange rumbling noises."

Fracking, coming soon to a town near you
The lights however???

edit on 10-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

If it were "fracking," wouldn't the noise have lasted more than 10 minutes? Surely an operation like that would take at least several hours. And yes, the lights in concert with the noise were a unique phenomenon.
edit on 1/10/2012 by OldCorp because: my "L" key sticks

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Explanation S+F

The lights...

They are only there for a second each, so i will rule out Chinese lanterns.
They only seem to blink one time each, so i will rule out led in a ballon.
Your theori about flares...I'll stick to that one, they disapear quickly, and don't seem to drop, if shot out from a plane.
Swampgas...Maybe

The sound...

I hear some engine noice, so hard to say...

Good one, is all i can say.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Good point OC, that makes sense to me. I guess if the sounds start back up, then I might have a case
But yea the lights have me stumped.

spec

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
not parachute flares...maybe chaff flares from a fighter F-14 or such.
chaff flares last longer than that actually. a little longer but that would be the best fit

edit on 10-1-2012 by GBP/JPY because: yahushua...our new King!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

cool

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by OldCorp

Ok OldCorp.

Being that it is you and I have found nothing to debunk any of your previous threads on various subjects...I'm with you on this.

Sometimes it's not just the subject matter but the source right?

What are your thoughts as to what we're looking at?

S&F

Honestly Jude I don't know. I live in the sticks brother, and I mean hundreds of miles from a decent mall. We're lucky to have a Walmart (if having a Walmart can be considered lucky; personally I think they're the devil incarnate.)

I would go with a jet going full afterburner, but as I said the airport isn't large enough to handle jets and a fighter in the air on afterburner would be pretty easy to see. This is the second time in a week that I have seen lights just like this and I don't normally spend a lot of time outside this time of year (one frackin' thing it is up here is frackin' COLD! )
There isn't any industry near here that would make that kind of noise and I've never heard it in person before outside of an airshow.

It's a total mystery to me, but one thing I'm sure it wasn't was Chinese Lanterns.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You did an awesome job capturing and explaining your experience

Although I didn't hear the roaring sound you spoke of, I must say the light display was very impressive and unique.

S&F

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hey, SO!! I am one of those who have heard this noise several times and posted in StealthyKat's threads and a coupla others. I live in NE Louisiana, and am only 1/2 mile from the nearest gas pipeline. I have heard many pressure releases and at least 2 HUGE pipe blowouts (one of which killed two travelers on I-20 just East of my hometown).

These sounds are in no way remotely like the pipeline noises. There are no fracking wells close enough to us here for that to be an issue. I cannot accurately describe the noise from the sky, only that it makes me terribly uneasy every time! Later, sweetie!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Any particular reason this was moved to Skunk Works? Isn't that like a "demotion" for threads that are full of BS?
edit on 1/10/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

That's a very good question. Seems all the other "noise in the sky" threads are in Fragile Earth??

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by OldCorp

That's a very good question. Seems all the other "noise in the sky" threads are in Fragile Earth??

I thought of putting it there, but the lights in the sky added more of a UFO feel to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join