It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freak Call Rcvd Viewing 'The Rite' - Scientific Answer Wanted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Please, only logical & scientific answers. I didn't post this in the religious section, or on facebook, as I didn't want a deluge of '1, 2, Satans coming for you' responses.

I was watching the movie 'The Rite' this afternoon. A film about an atheist attending seminary school who is then sent to Rome to study exorcism. I was smirking at the movie and thinking 'Yes, those are the same questions I would ask' when my phone, which hardly ever makes a peep (and I like it that way) rang just once. I looked at my missed call and it was from the following phone number: 1-666-001-9574. What the....

I tried to call the number back and of course, it doesn't exist.

Interactive TV? A bored Directv guy trying to mess with me? Seriously, I am looking for logical and scientific explainations. This was just something I happened to turn on as I had an hour to spare. Thoughts? Ideas?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It sounds like you were really getting into the movie (which I liked also). Would be most probably a coincidence. However if not. Maybe something similar is going on in your life and it is being brought to your attention via a sign. Sounds like it has gotten your attention. Do you feel there is anything in the movie you could relate to in your life, that would permit a sign to get your attention?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
you should be able to call your provider to make sure that was the correct number that called you. They should have that information on file. Maybe your phone just messed up, did you try 888 instead of 666?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
K, you're not going to believe this, but just as I was reading you post MY phone rang. Same deal, it rang once, the number was 18886661000.... I have no theory or explination

Pretty freekin weird tho

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My above comment is serious and this one is a joke. But I have heard that Harold Camping is very good at deciphering numbers in this relation
Maybe e-mail him

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by groundy056

lol i also think its funny i just added my sig today about 6 hours ago haha

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by groundy056

Well I really didn't want the thread to go there
but since you asked:

I had a minor surgery last week which is why I was home watching a movie. Usually my time is spent at the gym doing pilates and yoga as I quit smoking last August making sustained, positive life changes. I've always thought of myself as a spiritual person however consider myself a 'recovering Catholic.' After 12 years of Catholic school followed by college where the study of history and art history turned my world upside down. I then went on a decade long quest looking into many religions and found myself at the end being agnostic. I would say I'm more science minded.

How do those two topics relate? I've been getting more deeply into yoga, the practice and philolsophy. There is a large spiritual component which I find myself highly resistant to - even the position of the hands in many poses is too much like prayer for me. So I'm just trying find my place, trying to reconcile ideas, theories, and non beliefs which really what the movie itself was about. That's why it moved me to post a thread on ATS cuz darnit - I was answers! Scientific answers!
Thanks for your post!

edit on 1/10/2012 by Whisper67 because: It's not a good post until it has a spelling error

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
Please, only logical & scientific answers. I didn't post this in the religious section, or on facebook, as I didn't want a deluge of '1, 2, Satans coming for you' responses.

I was watching the movie 'The Rite' this afternoon. A film about an atheist attending seminary school who is then sent to Rome to study exorcism. I was smirking at the movie and thinking 'Yes, those are the same questions I would ask' when my phone, which hardly ever makes a peep (and I like it that way) rang just once. I looked at my missed call and it was from the following phone number: 1-666-001-9574. What the....

I tried to call the number back and of course, it doesn't exist.

Interactive TV? A bored Directv guy trying to mess with me? Seriously, I am looking for logical and scientific explainations. This was just something I happened to turn on as I had an hour to spare. Thoughts? Ideas?

There's a difference between supersition and faith. Superstition is saying that somebody is a witch because they accidentally ate bread that had urgot growing in it and went on a strange acid trip and saw all kinds of hallucinations (Salem witch trials). Don't believe everything you see from Hollywood, they rip off the bible because it makes good entertainment and it's perfectly legal to steal from a holy text because a holy text can't be copyrighted.

Thats just some random number, not Lucifer calling you for a date.
edit on 10-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I don't believe in a 'Lucifer' (name means light bringer btw) except my cat "Lucy Fur."

I don't think it's something paranormal. I'm just looking for an explaination.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I don't believe in a 'Lucifer' (name means light bringer btw) except my cat "Lucy Fur."

I don't think it's something paranormal. I'm just looking for an explaination.

Like i said, it's just a random number. I've seen the same thing occasionally.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Telemarketers have more tricks this 'lucifer.'

You know that's all is I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Ok well I am assuming that it was a broadcast and not DVD. A scientific theory would be, the network can monitor which households are watching their channel. Your mobile number is listed for your residence. So they randomly called your number from some sort of switch that does not allow incoming calls, only outgoing. Someone at the network was bored and thought it would be a good prank.

Although that is scientific I think a sign from god is more realistic.

Could be anyone calling you from a number with no incoming calls.

Personally I would go with my original response and apologize it is however not scientific. Maybe it is time for you to open back up to god? Just because somewhere along the line something or someone has ruined your beliefs. Doesn't mean you cant return to them.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

just a silly question, but it may be something...

did anything happen in April 1957? im thinking EVP's? maybe?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I was born is 1967 so I dunno - I was looking at the number too but they have no significance that I can note.

And to the other poster, yes I was thinking the same thing. As far as the broadcast coming from Directv and my cell phone number which the call was received on is directly related to that account. I will consider your other advice as well. I'm not completely close minded, just cautious.

Ruminating on the telemarketer theory: I've seen the 1-866 number often but never 1-666.

It's just very odd.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Check out this site.

800notes.com...

Many people report calls from 666, but it seems it is not a valid area code. I think you can do a reverse lookup on here. Good luck!

"It's coming from inside the house!"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Thanks so much! Yep, it's not a valid number so I reported it. Intersting to see how many people get calls with that prefix.

top topics

join