It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what if the world is going to hell in hand friggen basket

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That's right ! I said it. I just hope i'm saying it in the right forum.

Here I am pressing fifty three yrs old: Really hard. One month away to be exact. I fight every month to keep the utilities on, my web intact and and food in the house. The whole world is obviously ruled by sadistic tyrants who seem to vie for control of the masses ( that's you and me BTW). And Lord God knows how sick the very site of our putrid rulers makes me.

I just can't seem to let the fact that despite this world of baby bombing basturds ruling and deciding who lives and who dies. I some how feel that letting it all go is the thing to do. Not just because we really have no choice in the matter but because God has promised to wipe every tear in the end. I can see that is a promise he can keep. And I'm glad in that.

Thank God for God

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
so roll over, and let your bum get tapped by TPTB. yeah no thanks

the world is going the way it is because people like you and me have been seriously lacking in the balls department to go find them and force them to stop. we CAN do that you know, the same way that they do all that evil crap, there are no laws but the ones we create. they've created the necessary laws to prevent someone from stopping them.
edit on 10-1-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I welcome and expect retorts such as yours. I say in my loudest booming voice that I am known for as very booming. SHOW ME THE WAY PARTNER ! I guarantee you won't be alone.
edit on 10-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's a great relief when you hit the point where more of your active life lies behind you than ahead of you. When you don't have to worry about what other people think because other people are more worried about what *you* think of them. When you don't have have to be concerned with "discovering who you really are" or "actualizing your full potential" because its too late. What a relief, one less thing to be concerned with.

I've always contended on this board that the way forward is to dig in, preferably with somebody or somebodies you love, and try to create a hidden nest that rides low under the radar. This seems to me to provide the best way to survive the coming storm. I've never been one for idealistic causes or mass movements, and the older I get the more I feel that way. Stick your head too far above your hole and it's likely to get lopped off by the lawnmower.

It's all about just takin' 'er easy, at the end of the day.

edit on 1/10/12 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
All that is about to come to a screetching halt. It's gonna get worse before it gets better, it always does. I think everyone can feel the world is bursting apart at the seams, some don't know what is happening or why, some chose to put their heads in the sand, and others of us know exactly what is happening while others still can't see the forest through the trees and read the writing on the wall. Those who take pride in their accolades and degrees are about to find out they don't know as much as they thought they did. This is going to be a humbling experience for anything calling itself human.

Look around the world, all you see is war, rumors of wars, social upheaval, chaos and disorder, and all manner of things. Where i live some of the trees are blooming in winter and trees that should have lost their leaves are still green. I was running around for 3-4 days in January outside in t-shirt and shorts because it was in the 70's when it should have been in the 40's. 2012 aint the end, its just the beginning of the end.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
All that is about to come to a screetching halt. It's gonna get worse before it gets better, it always does. I think everyone can feel the world is bursting apart at the seams, some don't know what is happening or why, some chose to put their heads in the sand, and others of us know exactly what is happening while others still can't see the forest through the trees and read the writing on the wall. Those who take pride in their accolades and degrees are about to find out they don't know as much as they thought they did. This is going to be a humbling experience for anything calling itself human.

Look around the world, all you see is war, rumors of wars, social upheaval, chaos and disorder, and all manner of things. Where i live some of the trees are blooming in winter and trees that should have lost their leaves are still green. I was running around for 3-4 days in January outside in t-shirt and shorts because it was in the 70's when it should have been in the 40's. 2012 aint the end, its just the beginning of the end.

A magnificent retort. That's all I can say.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We can put a stop to this tyranny and oppression that's unraveling before our eyes. The police state, the corrupt government that doesn't look out for the people at all, the unconstitutional legislation that spies on us and puts our legal system on par with Stalinist Russia, all of the big industries like the pharmaceutical and oil that suppress alternative things that wouldn't allow them to profit immensely, the hundreds of millions if not billions of people that starve to death, dehydrate, and die of preventable diseases, all of this can be stopped.

It would just take all of the people in the world rising up together. If 90% of the population woke up and realized all of the problems with the world, and simply took to the streets and demanded change, things would get much better withing decades.

We have the technology to communicate with people anywhere on the planet, travel the globe by airplane, or even send humans to the Moon and probes to the far reaches of the solar system, but we can't make sure that most humans get some food and water every day? What the hell?

We're at the point in human history where we can make the world a universally wonderful place for everybody living here. People wouldn't have to suffer and die of starvation or preventable, curable, treatable diseases. People wouldn't have to live without electricity or running water. We have the technology, intelligence, and resources to make sure that every person lives an enjoyable life on this ball of rock and water that's floating through space.

People don't have to suffer, they can live a happy life if only the most powerful people in the world came together and really tried to solve all of the problems. But what happens instead? These people come together and try to take the freaking planet over. Believe me, they're not talking about sending crates of food to Africa at the Bilderberg meetings. They control the information that goes around the world, the governments, the money, the resources, the food-- you name it.

We fight arbitrary wars and spend money that could be used to save peoples lives instead killing people. We build tanks, nuclear missiles, assault rifles, drones, armored humvees, military bases, fighter jets, submarines, aircraft carriers, and a bunch of other stuff used to kill other humans. And why? Because a few humans disagree with each other, so they send a bunch of people that they are in charge of to kill each other like ants or pawns on a chessboard.

If society truly wanted to, the most intelligent people in the world could meet with the most wealthy and powerful people, and we could figure out how to solve most of the problems. The world could live in peace and people could be sure that they have a steady supply of meals and water and a home to live in.

But instead, billions of people suffer and live in unimaginably terrible conditions while the most powerful people conspire to fight wars and use the mainstream media and political systems of countries to unravel their agenda of tyranny and domination.

These evil bastards aren't just going to wake up one day and realize that they've been doing it all wrong. The only way things will change is if the vast majority of the world population rises up and demands it.
edit on 10-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I know how you feel man.

That's why I consider this song to be my own personal theme song.

Every day I revel in the fact that they haven't killed me yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Them sociopaths is in control and they've found a way to replicate themselves among the masses.

This world is broke. It's sick. It's like Idiocracy with Satan pulling the strings. I wanna new world!

I'm gonna get one!

You da man, Randy, eyes on the horizon...after all the dust & doom settles.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Tupac my man I'm honored by your reply. This is a rare occasion and I want you to know I've marked it on my spirit.Thank you, it means more than you know to have your contribution here .

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem and The Gut

You're guys' support is always appreciated and soon you may hear me giving the call sign of this fantastic site from amidst a crowd of people waiting for us to lead them out of some undesirable situation. DENY IGNORANCE!

No Gut, you da man.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I some how feel that letting it all go is the thing to do. Not just because we really have no choice in the matter but because God has promised to wipe every tear in the end. I can see that is a promise he can keep. And I'm glad in that.

Thank God for God

That was so beautiful to read as well as cute at the end.

I agree.. thank God for God.. because He will keep His promises..He is an awesome, lovingly merciful, compassionate and just God...and putting your complete trust in Him is the only way to get through this bizarre circus going on in this world of ours at the present.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Everybody has a different understanding of God, but the last I heard from Christians was that God sends people to hell who don't believe in Him.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Thank you much Gabby. The most amazing things come from the heart I guess. Always nice to here from you.

Halfoldman
You know half my only wish for you, is for you to someday know that his judgement of us, is righteous and true and just. For you to see passed that and behold his awesome beauty. I'm sure you would never want to take your eyes away once you do. God is Love my man. It's just that we don't allow him to be only that.

I would proclaim his love in hell if he chooses me to do so.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for your kind words, and I know you always speak from God's love, and genuine faith.

However, I'm a bit intrigued by the concept that one could preach God's love in hell.

What exactly would you tell people in hell about God's love?
edit on 10-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for your kind words, and I know you always speak from God's love, and genuine faith.

However, I'm a bit intrigued by the concept that one could preach God's love in hell.

What exactly would you tell people in hell about God's love?
edit on 10-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't really be telling people anything. I said I would proclaim it. I think there is a difference as in shouting it out and proclaiming it to be the greatest love I've ever known. Thru his love I have lived and as of yet have a chance to live thru as in beyond my weaknesses, my sin, my unrighteousness. I absolutely love our Father in Heaven. I couldn't turn that off like a switch because of my own faults especially. Do you see ? Love is something that must remain or it isn't love.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If you fight the current you either get washed away...... or ride it.

the best choice is to let go..... to simply float on it.

the world will always be a certain way.... but only you decide who you are in it.

and this is the key to happiness, ....

being not for, .. or against ...... just being content, ... with whoever, ... wherever you are. Making each day, ... making each moment, ... as special as possible.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Everybody has a different understanding of God, but the last I heard from Christians was that God sends people to hell who don't believe in Him.

God doesn't send anyone to hell....people choose hell by not choosing the love and mercy of God.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

OK, so God created hell for people who don't believe in Christianity.
They choose to go to an eternal torture chamber.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

OK, so God created hell for people who don't believe in Christianity.
They choose to go to an eternal torture chamber.

God does seem to have his twisted side doesn't he? Apparently, he gives people 'free will' but if you choose not to believe in him you go to hell, that's just sick and twisted. How can that kind of tactic be justified? If there really is a God then it won't be like the one depicted in the bible, I refuse to believe that a being that can create all that is everything is petty enough to 'want' to be worshipped or petty enough to 'punish' people who don't believe in him, ego and vengeance are human traits and I doubt a being so massively intelligent would involve itself in such petty ways, no chance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join