It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS under attack?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
For the past few weeks every I come onto ATS my anti virus software goes nuts. I am going to leave ATS for a while until this is sorted out. Not sure what is going on but I can not afford to lose my computer. I may or may not be back.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's killed 2 of mine now I'm on a mac.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Best of luck and take care ....peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What antivirus/spyware are you using? I've never had a problem with any type of bugs.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm not saying that you aren't indeed getting these alerts... But I'm here for hours, nearly every day, and have been for well over five years, and I can't recall ever getting an alert due to my presence here.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I am here more than I would like to admit....
I use AVG and have NEVER EVER received a virus or any issue. And it is not because im staff. Before I was staff I was here more than I would like to admit and I never once had an issue....

More than likely you received it from some other site...

Try CCleaner....superantispywear....lots of free good stuff out there...
edit on January 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Quick ... send up the bat signal!
Someone alert resident computer god
12m8keall2c

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I sometimes pick up a little popup glitch from some links to strange places and only need to close them to go away ...Some how yesterday I picked up a cam webpage with a girls parked in front of the camers with what looked like night closes and the camera pointed at her hooters ...click gone ....peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've been on here almost daily for over 3 years (regardless what my Registraion Date specify's) and I have never once got a virus from ATS. We all know what "other" kind's of sites have virus issues

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I too have never had any problems - I use AVG - Only one time did I get an alert and that was through a link someone put up - But Anti Virus can be very touchy sometimes.
I have just had an hardrive go down but nothing to do with ATS

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
</staff hat off >

^^^ whatever that equals or amounts to ...

personally,

Any Windoze users getting virus alerts, popups or new windows opening sporadically ... 'announcing' things such as their system is being or has been 'infected' with and by this, that and/or a couple of 100 other things - fake.fraud.alerts

Anti 'sumthing' 20**
Anti-Spyware Defender
Spyware Defender Pro
... and the list goes on and on.

Don't sweat it. Don't fret it.

Simply run ComboFix

After a restart or two, depending upon whether any rootkit activity is/was detected, you'll be well on your way to a cleaner, faster running system ... sans those 'fake, fraud' type annoyances and PITAs.

Toss in some Ccleaner and AVG Free ... and you'll likely appreciate your PC/system even more.

In no way a promotion of Nor suggestion otherwise ... merely a 'works for me' -type mention.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
May I suggest you should check this out on different IPs it was your site I have mentioned it before on my last system but it and my Hotmail account were scrapped.
edit on 10-1-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: spell correction

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yep same here Sea I haven't got worry one from this site ever and you prolly know well about the time I spend on here. All good in AV.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
AVG works great for me. Been a member of ATS for a while now. There's only been 2 instances where AVG popped up saying there was a threat. And that was over a year ago. No problems since then.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Get Mozilla Firefox and the NoScript addon, and you will be fine. And Avast! Antivirus is a very good free antivirus, better than the crap you can buy in the store, in my opinion. I've had it for years and it still gets updated several times a day, every day.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Fixer is onto something...Once in awhile my anti-virus alert window would pop up in the corner, and it would say something about a worm attack and it would show the IP from where it came from, but its most likely a fake address....This needs to be the top thread ....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Check your Java temporary internet files and clean then out. Key loggers and redirects have been hiding in there. I posted that a few weeks ago when there was a rash of attack. You will find your stuff loads faster too

Control Panel ---> Java----> Temporary Internet Files--->Settings----> Delete files check BOTH boxes Application and TRACE

I set mine to NOT save any but that is up to you as it might make some youtube issues for a bit

Trust me it will help

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I use McAfee and get a pop-up bar occasionally from the home page only that something has been blocked. I think it's usually one of the ad boxes that doesn't load.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i had an infestation of win7 - i believe from this site.
i had to reconfigure to a previous day to get rid of it - it takes over most everything.
i use avast.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
i had an infestation of win7 - i believe from this site.
i had to reconfigure to a previous day to get rid of it - it takes over most everything.
i use avast.

Logical guess...

One of the ad server's which provides adverts to ATS could have been cracked into. It happen's all the time (to alot of ad servers, not specifically the ones in use by ATS), and people replace them with their own dodgy adverts including some payload.

The other obvious one is a dormant virus you got from elsewhere. Alot of the time when you run a program that is infected (contains malware) it may not be noticable immediately... for instance some virus' will do nothing for a set amount of time, or only change your system settings when it detects a certain process... such as your web browsing when its running.

There are also malware that detect adverts within your browser and purposely change them to malicious ones, by actually editing the page as it loads in your browser. It may look like ATS is serving the adverts, suggesting the virus warning could be coming from ATS.... although i have witnessed this on friends computers in the past many times, happening on sites such as google.com, yahoo.com for example.

I thought i'd mention that for anyone not in the know how some of these things work... as i really doubt ATS is serving mallicious ad's with an intent.
edit on 11/1/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join