It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul defends Romney 'fire' comment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

"I think this is just typical politics and they're unfairly attacking him on that issue," Paul said outside a polling place at Webster School in Manchester. "He never literally said what they say he said. They're taking him way out of context."

In a speech to the Nashua Chamber of Commerce Monday, Romney said he wanted Americans to be able to switch insurance companies if they were unhappy with their service.

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me," he said. "You know, if someone doesn't give me the good service I need, I want to say 'You know, I'm going to go get someone else to provide that service to me.'"

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Speaking the truth once again!

Good luck in NH, Ron! Good luck, America!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This statement came out a lot worse then it was meant to be. I am no Romney fan but I will agree that it is great to be able to have other choice in services. Imagine if your mechanic was ripping you off and you found a better deal elsewhere. You tell your mechanic that you are going elsewhere because of their price.

Or if Tim Horton's was consistently providing you with terrible service. If Starbucks was providing way better service (minus the cost) wouldn't you switch? Btw, that is just an example. I would never switch Tim Horton's for Starbucks.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Romney is Ron Paul's only friend amoung the candidates...I think he is the only one that hasn't called him extreme, out there, or kooky.

So Ron Paul better defend him.

I actually agree with Paul...the others are just using this to try to take Romney down. And Romney didn't say "I like to fire people"...he said "I like being able to fire people". Big difference in my opinion.
edit on 10-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Would Romney defend Paul on a comment?
This, in my opinion, shows you just how outstanding a man Ron Paul is. Any other candidate would have jumped on the bash Romney bandwagon, but nope not Dr. Paul.

Paul 2012-2020

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Maybe Romney is going to have Ron Paul run with him as VP. Romney supporters + Paul supporters > Obama supporters. Probably not though.

link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Would Romney defend Paul on a comment?

Yes, actually - Romney defended Paul on the newsletters issue, praised his supporters, and referenced him as the constitutionalist during various debates.

While I don't like Romney's policies, lack of consistency, and find him entirely too fake - he's been pretty kind to Paul this cycle. Granted, I'm sure that's for entirely political reasons, but fair's fair.

link   
So, ....we have two for a running pair......in the main election, POTUS ans V.P.

AND THEY'RE LOOKING STRONG, now anyways

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Its strange to see a politician not kick his rival when he's down.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I hate admitting it, but I'd be very tempted to seriously considering such an unholy alliance. Perhaps Paul could help temper some of Romney's bad ideas and steer him in the right direction, and would put Paul in a decent spot.

I don't know where I'd eventually fall on the idea, and I know a good chunk of Paul supporters would still be turned off for such a thing, but I'm definitely interested in considering it despite my **INTENSE** disgruntlement with the republican party. I really think it might be a case of "Too little, too late," however.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Just more proof.
Folks say Dr.Paul campaigns dirty with his mud slinging commercials.
Wrong he just points out facts, sometimes maybe to a fault.
Good job Dr.Paul!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Why not support an independent cafe that actually has good coffee?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
He's not defending Romney.

He is defending the free market and competition.

He is defending rule of law and honorable behavior.

He did the same when the media tried to get him to hit Cain while he was down with the sexual scandal. Ron defending honorable behavior again saying he had nothing to say about Cain's personal life and rather concentrate on the actual issues that America is facing.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Epirus

I hate admitting it, but I'd be very tempted to seriously considering such an unholy alliance. Perhaps Paul could help temper some of Romney's bad ideas and steer him in the right direction, and would put Paul in a decent spot.

I don't know where I'd eventually fall on the idea, and I know a good chunk of Paul supporters would still be turned off for such a thing, but I'm definitely interested in considering it despite my **INTENSE** disgruntlement with the republican party. I really think it might be a case of "Too little, too late," however.

I hope we are both wrong but "too little, too late" is what I'm starting to lean toward. I would take anything right now to see this country breakaway from all the corruption that put us in this financial bind in the first place. If it takes Romney winning and Ron Paul as Vice helping guide his thinking, then so be it. Although I don't really trust Romney for some reason. Maybe it's the used car salesman hair. Not quite sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
No surprise here. Just proving once again that he's the one in this race with a little old school integrity. He's a good man; there are very few of him left.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No way would Ron Paul ever be designated Vice Potus... TPTB would be too concerned about one of those CRAZY "Ron Paul People" would assassinate Mitt to get their boy the top spot.

top topics

join