It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEBOW - John 3:16 Number One Google Search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I enjoy watching the videos produced by Paul Begley. Sure, he mispronounces a few words here and there. That's part of the charm. His heart is in the right place. This is what counts. Begley has a lot to say about Tebow. Consider watching the whole video.

I'll ask the same question Begley asks. Are you saved? Are you on the winning team? Why would you be on any other when the recruitment denies no one with the helmet of faith and the shoulder pads of righteousness? On God's team, no one sits the bench.

edit on 10-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2012 by Rexamus because: Double

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Pretty cool

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Somehow the new association with Christianity and football makes Christianity even less appealing to me, if that was at all possible.

Watching now. =]

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know how many christians are familiar with the fact that in the old manuscripts of the Bible THERE WAS NO DIVISION INTO CHAPTERS AND VERSES.

So, the whole "3:16" thing is moot.
edit on 10/1/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

I would posit that god would be flexible enough to try to mold a message to fit a certain audience

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I was saved many years ago and to this I still thank him for his kind words.

Oh, Stone Cold Steve Austin how your words of God, athletic talent, and ability to consume beer and kick # have moved me so.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rexamus
Pretty cool

Can I just say, that's as relevant a song as it gets. I nearly forgot about that one.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

I would posit that god would be flexible enough to try to mold a message to fit a certain audience

I agree. The law was never the point. Our hearts loving others was always the goal of God for mankind. Galatians 3 reveals it.

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

The freedom in salvation is no longer being a slave to sin and death. Once a person sees with new eyes, a dead life of emptiness is exchanged for living with joy and peace. The activities we enjoy become new and set into proper context with truth. Do we use this as an excuse to sin? No. Salvation crosses our spirit (Consciousness) over to a new awareness. As God develops our faith over time, our desires refocus to positive choices. All tings become new--even things like football.

Romans 8

1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
It would be interesting to know how many christians are familiar with the fact that in the old manuscripts of the Bible THERE WAS NO DIVISION INTO CHAPTERS AND VERSES.

The point isn't where it started but where it ends. Inspiration travels the history of the planet. I would not exclude the possibility of every jot and tittle being completely inspired. For instance, there are 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet. The Bible ends in 22 letters written by Paul to the churches. Why was the order of the books done this way? Why not 23? The book of Lamentations was not numbered, yet there the entire book is an acrostic of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet. Chapter by chapters; verse by verse. I could go on, but it is obvious there is more here than human procrastination, inattention and ignorance would produce alone. Many men over many centuries don't normally rise to divine perfections like this.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

The point isn't where it started but where it ends. Inspiration travels the history of the planet. I would not exclude the possibility of every jot and tittle being completely inspired. For instance, there are 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet. The Bible ends in 22 letters written by Paul to the churches. Why was the order of the books done this way? Why not 23? The book of Lamentations was not numbered, yet there the entire book is an acrostic of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet. Chapter by chapters; verse by verse. I could go on, but it is obvious there is more here than human procrastination, inattention and ignorance would produce alone. Many men over many centuries don't normally rise to divine perfections like this.

You do know that some of the "letters" by Paul are MOST DEFINITELY NOT BY PAUL, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, it's how we identify what verse is what, same as your Quran. I guess the Quran is moot to then yea?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You do know that some of the "letters" by Paul are MOST DEFINITELY NOT BY PAUL, right?

I misspoke above. Not all of them are by Paul, like Revelation. They are all 22 letters. As for the authenticity of Paul's letters, consider this: For every article you find stating one view, you see another stating the opposite. Here's an example:
LINK

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I'll ask the same question Begley asks. Are you saved? Are you on the winning team? Why would you be on any other when the recruitment denies no one with the helmet of faith and the shoulder pads of righteousness? On God's team, no one sits the bench.

I think God leads some people quickly, where as others are led over a longer period of time. Some people are shown signs, that keep nagging away at them, as they slowly draw closer to God. Others may believe in Jesus but just not have enough faith to partake in religious ceremonies etc.

Thanks for posting that video, there is definitely something in the air right now, around the John 3:16 verse. Thought I would share this video, which is an amazing testimony.

- JC

edit on 11-1-2012 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
I was saved many years ago and to this I still thank him for his kind words.

Oh, Stone Cold Steve Austin how your words of God, athletic talent, and ability to consume beer and kick # have moved me so.

I still remember that promo.

"You thump your Bible and you talk about your Psalms, you talk about your John 3:16. Well Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass".

And from then on, the church of the Bionic Redneck was born.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

I liked that story by Ron. It is amazing how God works in the lives of people. If people would just recognize that the only thing holding them back is pride. God is offering a gift, but faith and belief only come from humility. I'll need to find other videos by this guy and see where he goes with this.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Denver Broncos = Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

LOL

Also, more interesting statistics and "coincidences" about the Bronco's recent win:

There is an amazing story of the Gospel told in Sunday’s game between the Broncos and Steelers.

The Broncos have gotten a lot of media attention due to their improbably run, the faith of Tim Tebow and a few 4th Quarter heroics and hence all eyes of the Sporting world were on this game.

What better time to plant the Seed of the Word? The following shadow picture might sound like a stretch but I don’t believe in coincidences… I’m sure the Father is able to share a parable of the Gospel through a sporting game, especially when the eyes of the entire country are on Tebow for good or evil depending upon what side of the Kingdom of Heaven they are standing…

“During the stretch, Tebow had the NFL’s worst passer rating among starters in the first three quarters of a game, and the league’s best in the fourth quarter. Against Chicago, he earned his sixth game-winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime in his first 11 starts, a Super Bowl-era record for a quarterback.”

“CBS a mind-blowing 25.9 overnight rating, the best for a wild card football game in almost 25 years.”

“Sports websites staggered under an onslaught of hits. NFL.com reported that views of videos in the hour after the game were up 385% from Wild Card Sunday last year.”

After the game, Tebow got 1 million mentions on Twitter.

Tebow broke a record for rate of tweets per second.

“Both Tebow and his favorite Bible verse, John 3:16, placed in the top three Google Trends for most of Monday. Many noted he threw for exactly 316 yards, an unintentional allusion to the Bible verse he etched into his eye black while winning national championships at the University of Florida.” [Is Tim Tebow God’s gift to marketing? www.usatoday.com...]

To begin with Tebow’s first name is Timothy which means one who honors God and his middle name is Richard which means brave power or brave leader.

The brave leader who honors God.

An inspection of the fruit of this young man displays this very character.

Tebow threw for 316 yards which points to John 3:16 mentioned above on 10 completions which gives an average of 31.6, an NFL record and again pointing to John 3:16.

Here we see the primary shadow of Messiah the Father is displaying to the world.

As I looked at the numbers and colors and mascots of the two teams the themes link directly to John 3:16. The gift of the Father to mankind of His Son, sent to earth as an atonement for our sins, who will return again without sin (Hebrews 9:28) and gather together His people.

10 completions – 10 is the number of ‘divine order’ according to Bullinger, also having the meaning of a new beginning as 10 starts a new series of numbers. Here we see the theme of renewal through the ‘divine,’ through Yahshua. Tebow threw for 2 touchdowns and ran for 1 giving 3 total.

3 is the number of resurrection (Matthew 12:39; Hosea 6:2)

Tebow ran the ball 10 times for 50 yards.

50 is the number of the Jubilee, which points to the return of the Messiah and the resurrection of the dead.

10 rushes for 50 yards gave him an average of 5 yards per carry. 5 is the number of grace and life.

Now on to overtime. Denver and Pittsburgh went into overtime which is commonly called ‘sudden death.'

They were in ‘death’ because they were tied. Sin in Hebrew is חט which literally means a cord (Proverbs 5:22). Death comes by sin which is likened to being in cords (2 Samuel 22:6; Psalm 18:5).

The main color of the Steelers is black. Black is linked to sin (Job 30:26) and death (Job 17:13; Psalm 88:6) as it is the absence of light which is life (John 1:4). Who is responsible for bringing sin and death into the world? The thief…ie the ‘stealer’ (John 8:44; 10:10).

The colors of the Broncos are blue and orange. Blue is the color of the sky or heaven. Orange is a combination of yellow (the earth) and red (the ground/man). Here we see a combination of heaven and earth.

When Messiah returns earthly man will be resurrected into heavenly man like unto their Lord (1 Corinthians 15:49; 1 John 3:2). Sudden death overtime was ended by an 80 yard touchdown pass. 8 is the number of resurrection and rebirth. 10 is divine order. Divine resurrection which will occur when Messiah returns.

The game winning touchdown pass was caught by Demariyus Thomas whose number is 88.

The Broncos have an interesting tradition that when a touchdown is scored their mascot named Thunder is riden across the field. A white horse in fact.

Rev 19:11 And I saw Heaven being opened. And, behold! A white horse, and He sitting on it having been called Faithful and True. And He judges and wars in righteousness.
Rev 19:12 And His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head many diadems, having a name that had been written, which no one knows except Himself;
Rev 19:13 and having been clothed in a garment which had been dipped in blood. And His name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies in Heaven followed Him on white horses, being dressed in fine linen, white and pure.
Rev 19:15 And out of His mouth goes forth a sharp sword, that with it He might smite the nations. And He will shepherd them with an iron rod. And He treads the winepress of the wine of the anger and of the wrath of God Almighty.
Rev 19:16 And He has on His garment and on His thigh a name having been written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Source

^ So much more cool stuff to find in that article, I only posted some of it here. The writer does a good job of showing all the parallels with pictures from the game and the scriptures that match, including a referee holding his hands up in such a way that actually represents the universal word "Hallelujah".

Any doubt that we are in fact in the last days has been completely erased from my mind.
edit on 1/11/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join