It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Have just looked at the other thread you sourced where the OP brings up the same question about the press conference 'tone'. Some interesting photos and comments there. They certainly look happy in most of the shots during the time they were cooped up in the trailer and the habitat on their return.

Actually it's the jackass Sibrel who brings up the question and hoax believers keep repeating it.

Yes, they were very happy to be back home after their momentous mission. But after a few weeks people tend to calm down. As professionals their behavior at the press conference and their responses to the questions asked was appropriate. No, no jumping on tables. But a fair amount of humor and banter.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

He could not tell a lie with hes hand on the bible!

And he was under no obligation to swear anything to idiot Sibrel after being harassed by him.

edit on 1/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by Illustronic

Yes The Van Hallen Belts are not an obstacle so the argument that it was not possible to pass them and so they did not go is void in my opinion

I would never want to pass through the Van Hallen Belts or the David Lee Roth Belts either!

Now the Van Allen Belts might make you sick too but because of Radiation...
Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I was reading the comments about the astronauts attitudes during press conference, and it reminded me a book that I have, called "Rocket Men" by Craig Nelson.
This book tells the stories of astronauts in a way that no video of youtube can actually retell.
I can't quote the book exactly since its been almost a year that I read it and is now collecting dust in my bookshelf, but what they said essentially is that the astronauts thought that the worst part of their missions where the press conference. Before and after their mission. They felt like some physics professors trying to explain quantum mechanics to pre-schoolers, citing that journalists have a very narrow grasp of all the implications and technicalities surrounding their missions. It think that can explain their weird or uncomfortable attitudes during press conference.

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 11-1-2012 by SolidGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
I wish I could teleport a Buzz Aldrin to every moon-hoax-conspiracy idiot.

edit on 11-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

WOW!

When you have no argument, when you can't speak amicably, when you can't defend yourself with words....I guess you have to resort to violence....sad....very, very sad.

P,S

They went to the moon, but the vids of their travel and of their time on the Moon were tampered with, as well as outright fakes. Obviously, because the El-ite run establishment doesn't want the public knowing what's up there....whether it's alien space craft or signs of intelligent life/activity on the Moon, or something else, etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

So we really have zero third party confirmation that there is a flag on the moon? I find that to be highly suspect. I am sure that the topic has been beaten to death so I will see what the interwebs have to say and not derail this thread. If any can recommend a link or two to get me going it would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
NASA Inherited $30 Billion dollars of tax money to accomplish a mission to the moon in 1969. Just Imagine how much that would have been worth back then.

$30 billion dollors would be enough to hoax the landing.

Several members working close to the apollo 11 missions had died in unusual cases soon after

After the first (faked?) moon landing NASA claimed to have two new missions in development to the moon. these developments had been cancelled soon after russia developed their space sattelite. coincidence?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

Here's the entire sequence. I don't blame him for hitting the jackass harasser.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

When you have no argument, when you can't speak amicably, when you can't defend yourself with words....I guess you have to resort to violence....sad....very, very sad.

There comes a point when words cannot express the frustration and disgust that I'm sure Buzz felt when he threw that punch. Did you not hear that idiot call him a coward and a liar? Try that crap with the average Joe on the street and you'll probably get the same response. The punch was thrown because Buzz is a man and men don't put up with that kind of BS from anyone.... period... end of story.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc

Several members working close to the apollo 11 missions had died in unusual cases soon after

After the first (faked?) moon landing NASA claimed to have two new missions in development to the moon. these developments had been cancelled soon after russia developed their space sattelite. coincidence?

Exactly what is this garbage you speak of? Those remarks are so far off topic why not just post a funny picture?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i have seen the original suits in the smithsonian and they do have gold in the visor - implying that the astronaut would not get fried.
all in all - moon landing or no - nasa (never a straight answer) exist to perform smoke and mirrors and has failed its original mission - that of colonizing space.
when only a few have gone into low earth orbit.
we should be developing spheres large enough to hold water and sustainable human habitability.

Nasa - is another tax drain - designed to fleece the public.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Templeton

There's plaenty, when I post the links they get ignored. What makes you think posting links (at least the pros use links instead of phycological hypotheticals, and 'I thinks") are going to be read? They are posted every time, and ignored without discussion or debate. Maybe because they don't make Youtubes.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Sorry Phage, missed it...
edit on 11/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Removed redunadant comment

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jibajaba

Where does it say NASA's primary mission is to colonize anything?

I'll tell you these kids today throw anything to see if anything sticks.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yes. That short clip from a press conference which lasted more than an hour was posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Feel free to go back and review the posts about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Perhaps is some real study into the history of Mercury, Gemini and Apollo were done by some people, utterly ridiculous statements like this would no longer be made:

NASA Inherited $30 Billion dollars of tax money to accomplish a mission to the moon in 1969.

"inherited"???

U.S. Government agencies don't "inherit" money.....and where is your source for this claim of "$30 Billion"?

Here, I DO have sources and facts:

history.nasa.gov...

Read and weep.

$30 billion dollors would be enough to hoax the landing.

In 1969??

That is absurd. NO amount of money could have pulled it off!! Not when you actually get out there and educate yourselves on the true history of the program, and all that occurred.

Again, you write stuff with no source, just nonsense claims.....

Doesn't even make sense....WHAT "russia space sattelite" are you referring to???
If you recall, the USSR was first to successful launch a satellite. It is part of history....maybe should go learn it.

And, the rest of the comment about "two new missions in development to the moon"? You mean the program that former Prez Bush announced (Orion)? It only got cancelled because of the change in administration....

....AND for the same reason after Apollo, there was no impetus to send manned missions back......MONEY!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Perhaps the fact that they are so glum in the press conference is because unlike in quarentine they have to explain things in detail and actually remember they're lie's oops I mean lines ?

Theres the full conference for anyone too watch !

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i dont blame him for that id of hit him

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Here's the entire sequence. I don't blame him for hitting the jackass harasser.

If Buzz walked on the Moon then he is a courageous man for risking his life going on that mission.
The jackass reporter reminds me of some debunkers who no matter what one says will retoert No proof and rubbish any idae or piece of information and goad and goad - Was jackass ever going to listen to anything but his pre set ideas - I think not - No wonder Buzz was annoyed if he did walk on the Moon. I bet jackass reporter would cry like a baby if he was launched into space.
I know there are things Buzz just wont talk about but a coward I think not

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Nobody responds to to jokes made about Van Halen Belts, I tried that before.

As far as describing flight trajectories, nobody reads through those posts. Not many points argued in these tread progress as debates, they progress like dart games, with a spattering of hit-and-run frivolities.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join