It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
What date was it? I want to see if it's one of the ones that have video. You give only your word. Biased word at that.

^This. I'd like to know at the very least which astronaut he ambushed. Most that do those events are shuttle astronauts, and would most likely have a cursory knowledge of Apollo's guidance systems. It'd be like me asking my brother who flies C-130's to explain how to use his plane's sextant to navigate. He could probably fumble his way through with some effort, but it's the navigator's job and in any case according to him it's basically become a vestigial organ which is now occasionally used for its ability to be used as a vacuum cleaner or to launch eggs at the rear stabilizer to play a prank on the ground crew (pressure difference when opened).

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by captainpudding

Do you have any meterlogical photos taken at the time from a weather satellite id like to compare with the one in apollo pic, also i dont think the rotating eath is a good counter argument as the duration of time we have view of the planet for out of the window is too small to notice the effect of rotation, even if it was taken in a close orbit.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Shown several times in this thread.
www.braeunig.us...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for links cant dispute that evidence which clearly shows/proves the picture out of the Apollo 11 window is the whole earth not just a doctored section.

The only thing still i find strange is the two different Apollo to Earth communictions going on which can be heard in the Ops linked Nasa Achieve video. Its real weird where the "non-Nasa" one says "talk" and the astronaut starts talking to Nasa mission control, now that really does deserve some good explanation.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You'd first have to prove that the person you're referring to isn't someone from NASA. It seems far more logical to me that, being in the early stages of the mission, they'd want to test the communications so they needed the crew to be talking in order to do so.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
I read somewhere that all astronaughts belong to that secret society so they should be able to keep it a secret ....peace good post op

Sure they belong to a society, just not a secret one...Its called the US Air Force!
All the Apollo Astronauts were USAF test pilots and NASA, despite how they like to portray themsleves, is actually a military organistion...Its original name was the NACA...Look it up.
Military personel are taught to obey orders, no matter if they agree with those orders or not, hence the saying ."Theirs is not to question why, theirs is to do or die".
However, in reward for their eternal silence on going along with the hoax they also recieved some very big sweeteners...World wide fame and adulation and they got to have their names down in the history books for all time. The other perks they recieved were purely financial...They became very wealthy men, wanting for nothing for them and their families for the rest of their lives...Heck, I'd go along with it too if they offered me that!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

Originally posted by FoosM

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I have to admit that this is one conspiracy theory that leaves me laughing. The idea that the Moon landings were faked. I have posted to people who believe it to be a hoax before and every single supposed proof of it being faked can be disproved.

The funniest of things is...where do these people think that these Giant Saturn V rockets were going or went to after they were launched?

They went into Earth orbit.

...and were observed to leave Earth orbit and go to the Moon:
Telescopic Tracking of the Apollo Lunar Missions
Apollo missions tracked by independent parties
(Note the references to amateur astronomers' sightings of Apollo published in "Sky and Telescope" magazine).

But how do you know they were genuine amateur astronomers and not NASA stooges?

Originally posted by FoosM.

Even the Soviets...who would have LOVED to decry the lunar landings as fakes...were not so stupid as to attempt to discredit them as it was very easy for any country with a Radar Telescope to follow the travel of the Lunar Orbiter and Lander all the way to the Moon and back.

Duh! The Soviets were in on the hoax!

Wrong, they cant even do it today.

Now THAT is just plain silly!.

No, actually its just the plain truth...Its the real reason "they haven't been back to Moon"...Because they couldn't get there then and they still can't do it now. Well, I should rephrase that, they could get them to the Moon but they would be DOA!

edit on 29/1/13 by ProfessorAlfB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorAlfB

I'm sure you have more than enough proof that the cold war never happened. I'd assume you wouldn't make such an outlandish claim without any basis, would you? I also assume you have proof that hundreds of HAM operators from around the globe were NASA employees?
edit on 29-1-2013 by captainpudding because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Don't forget that all the Russian military radio operators who officially work for the KGB were really being payed by NASA

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainpudding

I'm sure you have more than enough proof that the cold war never happened. I'd assume you wouldn't make such an outlandish claim without any basis, would you? I also assume you have proof that hundreds of HAM operators from around the globe were NASA employees?
edit on 29-1-2013 by captainpudding because: typo

LOL! You shouldn't believe everything you have been told about the cold war!...On the 12th of November 1963 President JFK issued "National Security Action Memorandum No. 271", titled: "Cooperation with the USSR in Outer Space Matters", instructing the Administrator of NASA at the time, James Webb, to set up cooperation with the Soviets in all matters regarding space exploration....Long before the Apollo missions took place!
I fail to see what radio HAMs have to do with it?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx

Don't forget that all the Russian military radio operators who officially work for the KGB were really being payed by NASA

No, they were being paid by the Soviet government, who were working on the Apollo project in full cooperation with the US goverment.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

As stated previously, please do at least something to prove this claim. You can't just say the cold war never happened and expect us to take your word for it

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

But then JFK was assassinated, LBJ took over and he removed any and all forms of cooperation with the USSR and the moon race became USA v. USSR.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

As stated previously, please do at least something to prove this claim. You can't just say the cold war never happened and expect us to take your word for it

I never said the cold war never happened, I said don't believe everything you have been told about it!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

But then JFK was assassinated, LBJ took over and he removed any and all forms of cooperation with the USSR and the moon race became USA v. USSR.

There was no Moon race, American Dollars paid to that. And no, LBJ did not remove all forms of cooperation with the USSR or the joint Apollo-Soyuz docking experiment which happened in 1975 would never have taken place!

jra

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorAlfB

Why don't you try to supply some evidence that suggests they might be?

Again, where's your evidence? If the USSR was in on it, why didn't they fake their own Lunar landings for there own national prestige?

No, actually its just the plain truth...Its the real reason "they haven't been back to Moon"...Because they couldn't get there then and they still can't do it now. Well, I should rephrase that, they could get them to the Moon but they would be DOA!

More baseless and hollow claims with no shred of evidence. Why would they be dead on arrival?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

Radiation, he's going to say radiation. He won't do the simple proof of showing the radiation levels for the journey were greater than the shielding capacity of the spacecraft to demonstrate that a lethal dose of radiation would have been received, he'll just say radiation and leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by ProfessorAlfB

Why don't you try to supply some evidence that suggests they might be?

Again, where's your evidence? If the USSR was in on it, why didn't they fake their own Lunar landings for there own national prestige?

Money...The USSR was broke trying to keep up militarily with the US. In exchange for a large sum of American Dollars the Russians agreed to play ball with the Apollo hoax. Everyone has their price!

More baseless and hollow claims with no shred of evidence. Why would they be dead on arrival?

The evidence is simple scientifc fact...You need to educate yourself about the Van Allen belts and how they operate in a similar way to the magnatron in a microwave oven. The Sun gives off a million tonnes of high energy charged particles every second...The "Solar Wind". The most deadly of these particles are X-rays and Gamma rays, both of which are highly penertrating forms of ionising radiation.
Both are highly damaging to the DNA found in biological cells...Its the reason why a radiographer taking X-Rays in a hospital wears a Lead apron.
On Earth we are protected from the Solar wind by the Earths Magnetic field, which can deflect the particles because they have an electric charge.
The Earths Atmosphere gives the same protection as 6 inches of solid Lead shielding...This is equal to the shileding effect of 6 feet of solid Aluminium or 23 feet of top soil.
The Earths magnetic field is not a uniform bubble shape, it is compressed on the side facing the sun, due to the pressure of the Solar wind, and it extends out on the side facing away from the Sun.
At certain distances from the Earth the Solar wind is trapped and is actually magnified in intensity by the Magnetic field making the particle flux even stronger...These are the Van Allen Belts.
The outer belt extends out as far as the orbit of the Moon but it is the Belt that starts about 350 miles out from the Earth that is the most deadly.
Over a period of 1 year, everyone on Earth absorbs a dose of Radiation of about 140 REM.
However, if you were exposed to a sudden dose of 140 REM, you would immedietly suffer from Nausia, Vomiting and Diahrea and you would be diagnosed as having accute radiation sickness.
The radiation level in some of the Van Allen belts regularly reaches 2000 REM, or more!!!
Not only that, but the belts can be thousands of miles deep. At Earth Escape Velocity it would take a spacecraft 2 hours to pass through the most deadly zone.
It is simply not possible to build a rocket with sufficient power to lift a heavily shielded spacecraft into Orbit, let alone to the Moon.
Without this essential protection the Apollo Astronauts would not have made it to the Moon without contracting accute radiation sickness. Continued exposure to the Solar wind whilst performing EVA's on the Moon would have proved fatal, ie: They would not lived long enough to make the return journey alive!
However, there is a zone between Earth and about 300 miles above the Earth that is safe to travel in...Its called Low Earth Orbit or LEO. No manned spacecraft has EVER left the comparative safety of LEO for this reason.
Given that the Mir Space Station, the Space Shuttles, the European Space Station, Soyuz capsules etc all operated or continue to operate in LEO, it should be no supprise the film in the OP shows that the Apollo Astronauts never left LEO either.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by jra

Radiation, he's going to say radiation. He won't do the simple proof of showing the radiation levels for the journey were greater than the shielding capacity of the spacecraft to demonstrate that a lethal dose of radiation would have been received, he'll just say radiation and leave it at that.

Will I? I think not!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You quite literally just did. Please elaborate on what non-radiation problem you're talking about?

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join