It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Yes because they did have a ton of HD cameras back in the 70's...
You know, time travel.

Time travel !!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rolfharriss

Rolf: the majority of the footage was taken with video cameras. You can't just take a video camera frame and turn it into HD even if they had brought tapes back from the moon. It was a practicality issue for live broadcast.

There is the 16mm camera but really the video took most of it I think?

I think you implied there was wire work? Not being able to see the wires is pretty meaningless. As in, not being able to see them is not evidence of their prescence. The real issue is that over the last 60 years we still can't do perfect wire work, yet in the 60s they managed a whole pile of it with only minor screw ups over periods of hours?

Keanu Reeves when filming the Matrix took 20+ takes doing one manuveur. 20+ takes without having to match people's expectations for movement and gravity? Trying to nail that would be murder.

As for accusing DJW of being a disinfo agent / CIA ... if you have evidence, bring it to the mods?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

What I am saying is in a post 9/11 society we have to seriously look at other events in history.

Pinke do you believe 9/11 was an inside job? If you don't then you are not ready to consider the moon hoax debate.

Ridiculous flimsy excuse as to why no high resolution footage exists of the astronauts and the stunning mountainous backdrop, please provide the links to the video footage which accompanies scenes such as this

moonpans.com...

www.aulis.com...

They don't exist? What lofty scientific explanation explains this ?
edit on 26-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: question added

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Been down this road a few times really, sooooo don't expect too much!

You may not think that the footage format is enough to limit the resolution of moon footage, but that's what it is in all it's 4:3 gooddness. I'm not actually sure what would be achieved with higher resolution footage, and I doubt it would change your mind at all if they went back and scanned the 16mm DAC film.

There are scenes with pans etc ... if thats what you're looking for, but I will assume you have researched enough to find them for now.

I really don't expect to change your mind.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Show me the scenes with 'pans' and an astronaut in them.. which remotely match the mountainous panoramas. I have researched enough to know they don't exist.

higher resolution footage would prove that kevlar thread was not used.

edit on 26-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: info

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Higher resolution footage would not prove one way or the other if wires were used. It would make it less likely, but it's already incredibly unlikely with the footage readily available.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Not Hd high resolution check out the US first spacewalk in low earth orbit. Available in HIgh res 1965 I think

The images of the Gemini space walk do look magnificent. They were shot on film. Like the films I posted, but you didn't watch. If you had watched them, you would have seen footage taken on the rover that pans and shows the distant mountains all in one take. If you want to wallow in your own ignorance, there is nothing anyone can do for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

first a test question. Do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?

This determines whether your opinion has any value

Ah, I see. You have a Test of Religious Orthodoxy.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yes, you could say that. The false religion.

If you believe the official story it means you are with them.

You don't appear to have any questions, so I don't understand why you would use a conspiracy forum.

If you claim to believe the official story then you are either ignorant or a liar. Which one is it?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just throwing out a thought here. If any space craft has to get through the Van Allen Belts, wouldn't they fry the onboard computers?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Scouser640

Simple answer:
No.

Slightly more complex answer:
The Van Allen belts are toroidal in shape. It is possible to avoid the highest radiation regions by taking a high inclination orbit.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rolfharriss

You don't appear to have any questions, so I don't understand why you would use a conspiracy forum.

If you claim to believe the official story then you are either ignorant or a liar. Which one is it?

This thread was knackered on page one by Illustronic,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a waste of precious oxygen. The knackering is further compounded by the actual picture of Earth conditions taken by the astronauts themselves of the visible face of the Earth globe which includes, (only as a part of the picture) Hurricane Bernice's profile which matches exactly with a portion of Earth taken by a weather satellite at the same time, and you need to remember the posh lady actress says that they only showed a small portion of the Earth, but made it look like a face of the globe using the porthole window, hardly enough to show a profile of part of a continent and more if in LEO.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

This thread was knackered on page one by Illustronic,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a waste of precious oxygen. The knackering is further compounded by the actual picture of Earth conditions taken by the astronauts themselves of the visible face of the Earth globe which includes, (only as a part of the picture) Hurricane Bernice's profile which matches exactly with a portion of Earth taken by a weather satellite at the same time, and you need to remember the posh lady actress says that they only showed a small portion of the Earth, but made it look like a face of the globe using the porthole window, hardly enough to show a profile of part of a continent and more if in LEO.

Smurfy you are a genius !! You just added a new solution to the puzzle. The window was convex ! A convex lens has this effect. This is how it was done.

edit on 26-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: embed

edit on 26-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: link

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The window was convex ! A convex lens has this effect. This is how it was done.

I think you mean concave. A wide angle lens has a concave surface on the "inside".

But you miss the point entirely (confirmation bias at work). In the video from Apollo we are seeing an entire hemisphere of Earth. In low Earth orbit an entire hemisphere is not visible, only a portion of it is. With a concave lens the area of the Earth which is visible would appear smaller, it would not enable us to see more of Earth's surface.
www.braeunig.us...

edit on 10/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Concave always get those mixed up! It does allow you to see more.. Like the viewing hole on a hotel door.

Solved ! So the question is when will we get to the moon?

It is not looking good for US/China cooperation

The smoking gun will be if the US plans to go 'back' before China's planned first steps for mankind.

"Boeing's Plan to Return to the Moon by 2022"

news.yahoo.com...

"China has mapped the moon from two orbiting spacecraft and has plans for an unmanned lander, a lunar rover, and a mission to return 2kg of moon rock to Earth by 2020."

www.guardian.co.uk...

O.K I am now realising the hoax is not going to be good for the U.S's ability to use taxpayer's money to pay for it. If the public becomes aware before 2020 then no chance will they stand for more of their money being used.

What is happening is they are preparing for a NASA backlash when it becomes impossible to cover up, which is why there is a hurried move towards private enterprise.

Lets leave it at that, exciting that our generation gets to see it!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It does allow you to see more.. Like the viewing hole on a hotel door.

It does not allow you to see around corners or more of a sphere than you can when you are close to it. It does not allow you to see a persons ears but it sure makes their nose big.

Solved. We did. In 1969.

Oh, I get it. You feel left out because you weren't around at the time.

jra

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It does allow you to see more.. Like the viewing hole on a hotel door.

You miss understand what Phage meant. From LEO you will not be able to see 50% of the Earth's surface no matter what. You'd only see a small portion of the Earth at one time. You need to be much further away from the Earth to see 50% of it at once.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Concave always get those mixed up! It does allow you to see more.. Like the viewing hole on a hotel door.

It is not looking good for US/China cooperation

The smoking gun will be if the US plans to go 'back' before China's planned first steps for mankind.

"Boeing's Plan to Return to the Moon by 2022"

news.yahoo.com...

"China has mapped the moon from two orbiting spacecraft and has plans for an unmanned lander, a lunar rover, and a mission to return 2kg of moon rock to Earth by 2020."

www.guardian.co.uk...

O.K I am now realising the hoax is not going to be good for the U.S's ability to use taxpayer's money to pay for it. If the public becomes aware before 2020 then no chance will they stand for more of their money being used.

What is happening is they are preparing for a NASA backlash when it becomes impossible to cover up, which is why there is a hurried move towards private enterprise.

Well,
you're obviously a young 'scientist' in the AGW field with it's own convoluted convulsions, or something similar, or just plain silly. Miles away from the innocence of the Apollo programme, which is something all Americans should be proud of, and something all the rest of the world can look up to.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
All in good time, there will be plenty to be proud of in 2022. It would be better if it was a joint mission no one nation should take credit for landing a man on the moon.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join