It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by artistpoet

Really? There are several references early in the flight but how about page 81? Page 167? Page 227? Page 230?

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

I stand corrected and apologise at least it clears up my question somewhaT

PAGE 81 - Denobla - second brightest star in Leo
Page 167 - "Passed a star" - no name given
Page 227 - "I can't get it if it is ... star check I dont care about".....
Page 230 - "Thats supposed to be a star ....Yes I got star in sextant.....Im not sure it's Gienah" which is in Corvus

It seems like what they said in the press conference is so that they use instrumentation to navigate by stars but no actual naked eye sightings.

Perhaps naked eye stars were lost inSuns glare I dont know all slightly off topic now

But Yes I believe from what I have read they did go to the Moon
Now I'm off to bed
Cheers for you input

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by Pimander

They were connected nose to nose, after they emerged from the liftoff shell, the hatches on their top is how they got from one to the other. Have you never looked at the diagrams and just shoot from the cuff?

Linky
Yes, I'v looked at the diagrams....

I mean in the press conference video I posted. Why is the command module beneath the Lander after separation? The command module would be above the lander surely? I'm only asking because I'm damned if I know why. there might be a perfectly reasonable explanation

1:27 in this video.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Have you ever seen the accidental images of Venus taken by Shepherd using up extra film from Apollo 14 before? Its not like they realized it until later when celestial tracking confirmed that speck was indeed Venus. Hardly noticeable, easily overlooked live. I can probably find the images for you. Its like we have to do all of the homework for these crockumentary viewers that the crockumentary authors never reveal.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

One is shaped like a bullet, and one is not, duh.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You don't space travel by visual. In fact air force pilots don't navigate by looking out the window, this isn't WW I technology, how do you think Navy pilots land on a small aircraft carrier at night, by looking out the windshield? How naive.

Niave you mis understand - Sure they navigate by stars with insrtuments - What I was pointing out was actual naked eye sightings - Which are not mentioned but even though they are proffesionals they still get wowed by the sight of the Sun Moon Earth and Venus but no naked eye sightings of stars is what I was curious of.
I am not as niave as you assume you mis understood what I was saying is all
But Hey all is good.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Have you ever seen the accidental images of Venus taken by Shepherd using up extra film from Apollo 14 before? Its not like they realized it until later when celestial tracking confirmed that speck was indeed Venus. Hardly noticeable, easily overlooked live. I can probably find the images for you. Its like we have to do all of the homework for these crockumentary viewers that the crockumentary authors never reveal.

No need to find images - You mis understand I was on about naked eye sightings of stars - Venus is an inner planet often called The Morning Star sure but not a star.
I was hoping for something like a sighting of the brightest stars by naked eye but non seem to have been observed in that manner
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
With only 1/6th of gravity they seem to need to put a lot of effort in jumping upwards and moving forwards just mere inches and actually not really further then any human on earth could easily do with the same effort.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

No not seeN That photo but i know in transcript they get wowed by Venus as it is bright in their vision just before they see the Sun Rise
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

One is shaped like a bullet, and one is not, duh.
Sorry, I'm not explaining my question right obviously.

Where would this picture taken from?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_
With only 1/6th of gravity they seem to need to put a lot of effort in jumping upwards and moving forwards just mere inches and actually not really further then any human on earth could easily do with the same effort.

Yes but you have to make allowances for the weight of their suits etc

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

The whole Kubrick did the moon landings thing irritates the crap out of me. My first real thread (which the Kubrick crowd ignored) focused on this special brand of grade A bull: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Where would this picture taken from?

Through the window of the Lunar Module. One of the two relatively large triangular windows, one in front of each crewmember as he stood at his station.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

This picture was taken from the lunar module during orbital separation...this one was taken from the CM: www.astronautix.com... during rendezvous with the returning LM.
edit on 1/11/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

His (your?) argument that whole video was mainly attacking the lighting aspects from the documentary. What about that astronaut press conference footage, why the hell were they so nervous? I think i could ATS search "signs that a human is lieing" and apply it to that press conference. I'd be pretty confident after playing golf on the moon. What about the flag waiving with no wind and crater that WASNT made when landing? Im suppose to believe that tin foil piece of crap avoided all space debree and what not, for hundreds of thousands of miles? then RETURNED! HA!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Total weight of the full EVA suit (+ a 180 pound man) = about 380 pounds (for the Apollo/Skylab version A7L).

en.wikipedia.org...

380 divided by 6 = approximate total Lunar "weight". Mass remains the same, whether on Earth, the Moon or in free fall.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

From the windows of the lunar lander obviously, either right after disengage, or right before reengage with the command module. Where would you think the image was taken from?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by henryjonesjr

His (your?) argument that whole video was mainly attacking the lighting aspects from the documentary. What about that astronaut press conference footage, why the hell were they so nervous? I think i could ATS search "signs that a human is lieing" and apply it to that press conference. I'd be pretty confident after playing golf on the moon. What about the flag waiving with no wind and crater that WASNT made when landing? Im suppose to believe that tin foil piece of crap avoided all space debree and what not, for hundreds of thousands of miles? then RETURNED! HA!

These guys did not play golf on the moon, the flag did not wave, and the LM did not blast a huge crater on the surface.

It's called an "aluminum rod"-highly advanced flag waving technology.

3.bp.blogspot.com...(Apoll o_17_EVA-1).jpg
edit on 1/11/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by henryjonesjr

What about that astronaut press conference footage, why the hell were they so nervous?

They aren't "nervous"....just frustrated at being paraded around, and wanting to go home to their families.

And, as pointed out, disgusted at the ignorance many reporters display with inane questions.

. What about the flag waiving with no wind ....

It didn't move unless it was touched, or being handled in some manner.

and crater that WASNT made when landing?

Because there would never have been a "crater" made, not by that engine, at its power settings, with the type of fuel it used, and with the size of the nozzle bell opening. I saw the figure, at MOST the force exerted by the exhaust gases was about 1 or 2 PSI. (Actually, it was an AVERAGE of about 0.5 PSI!!

Here's a video for you, with REAL science:

And a link to the next:

www.youtube.com...

Im suppose to believe that tin foil piece of crap avoided all space debree....

Not "tin foil". And, huh? "space debree" (debris)? What debris???

Hundreds of thousands of miles? You know, there is far more debris in Low Earth Orbit than between the Earth and Moon....safer out there, in that aspect.

edit on Wed 11 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Total weight of the full EVA suit (+ a 180 pound man) = about 380 pounds (for the Apollo/Skylab version A7L).

en.wikipedia.org...

380 divided by 6 = approximate total Lunar "weight". Mass remains the same, whether on Earth, the Moon or in free fall.

Thanks for the info

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Why is the lunar module"above" the command module?

Here it is again (Apollo 15 this time) below the lunar module (not the lander, that's me being a dumbo
)

It would dock with the lower part this time so why has it gone above the CSM?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join