It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Step one:

• Get a crescent shaped cardboard cutout.

Step two:

• Launch yourself into low Earth orbit in a spacecraft that has round windows.

Step three:

• Hold cardboard cutout to window and turn down the iris of the camera to black out surrounding spacecraft interior.

This will create an image that looks like this (notice the Earth is one gigantic landmass):

But don’t forget to turn off the camera after you are done! Otherwise you might let the public see the low intensity work lights inside the cabin, leading to an image that looks like this:

And whatever you do, make sure your camera is off before re-adjusting the iris back to its normal setting.

To hear Armstrong speaking about the trickery himself, see this video:

For those of you who doubt our own criminal government would stoop to such a level, I would point you to:

• The Gulf of Tonkin
  • The USS Liberty attack
  • Iran Contra Affair
  • Iraqi WMDs
  • The 1953 Iranian Coup D’état
  • Japanese American internment
  • Jim Crow and Slavery Laws
  • etc.. etc.. etc..

Of course, there is far more evidence that shows the entire thing was a gigantic hoax if one should chose to look for it. This video just happens to be the most definitive proof I’ve seen so far.

For those of you who are curious, this is what Earth really looks like from the vantage point of the moon. This sequence of images was taken by the Japanese KAGUYA satellite. Notice you can see the polar icecaps quite clearly in the image. Compare that image with this image which was taken on Dec 24th 1968, supposedly from Apollo 8.

In the Apollo image, the Earth is a sky blue while giving off a reflected light flare from the ocean surface, no ice caps are prominent in the image. In the KAGUYA image, the oceans are a deep blue that do not reflect much light at all. Further, I challenge anyone to line up the coastline visible in the Apollo image with a globe of the Earth and show me what monstrous continent that coastline represents.

And just in case someone wants to claim that coastline is Africa, I don’t think so:

This is an overlay conducted using Google Earth with the image of Earth from the Apollo photo. Obviously the Earth in the Apollo photo isn’t even round, it is oblong (because the window frame creates that illusion.) Further, the African content doesn’t line up at all with the image. The blue lines represent the edge of the Apollo landmass. The real Africa is hidden in the shadows.

I’m confident that an analysis of the Earth’s position during the period that photo was supposedly taken and the position of the camera will result in an impossible mismatch between what the photo should have shown the Earth to look like and what the photo actually looks like.

edit on 11-1-2012 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, Proudbird = NASA. They defend the lies to the grave, its propably what they are paid to do here. So people dont let these BS artists to convince you the otherwise, keep with your common sense and ignore them.

In fact we could start ignoring them in every space related thead starting now! Peace, and trust the voice within you.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I watched and listened to all the broadcasts of the Apollo 11 mission to the Moon - I was a teenager at the time.
During one transmission one of the crew suddenly exclaimed "There are no stars where are the stars"

Apollo 11, was it?

Well, if you want to exert the effort, you could go hear and listen to (or read the transcripts) all the way through to find the wording that you think you heard.

(I'd say you misinterpreted what was said, though).

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

And as well, here:

Apollo 11 Lunar Surface Journal

And, the same ^ ^ ^ Apollo 11 info, to include video clips:

Apollo 11 Lunar Surface Journal main page

See all the Apollo missions starting from this page.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

I have no genuine interest in reading clap trap, but I thought I'd post these bits of reality for you to read:

www.scientificamerican.com...

This fascinating and slightly technical breakdown of Soviet monitoring of the Apollo 11 mission:

site is in Russianwww.novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru...

Here is an English translation of the first paragraphs:

The present paper, the participant's 30-year-old EP Molotov sheds light on the unknown pages of the "moon race" and finally closes the ridiculous question, "Were the Americans on the moon?"

It took more than 30 years since that time, was deployed as the most expensive race between the Soviet Union and the United States for supremacy in the land a man on the moon. Who won this race prestige - is known. Many events occurred during this time ...

The very process of competition repeatedly described as the American and the Russian side. It seems interesting to tell about one of his previously-profile episodes.

I was very interested in how this was accomplished. Of course, most of the Soviet Union's space heroes were friends of American astronauts, going so far as to join together in the Apollo-Soyuz test project. Which I guess you feel was a hoax as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ProudBird

While we're talking about Sibrel, here's an interesting note which gives a clue to his mental stability.

Apparently, someone took too long to get out of a parking space he wanted. He parked nearby, got out of his car, and then repeatedly jumped up and down on the offending car, doing over $1400 worth of damage.

bartsibrel.blogspot.com...

Oh...
ccc.nashville.gov...|BART|12151964
WOW! I'm liking him more all the time. Are you sure this isn't just a NASA slur and really he's a perfectly stable well balanced guy? Be careful conspiracy people, how do we know this story is true?

The guy's one frustrated individual. Is that what knowing the "truth" about NASA does to you? If he tried that on my car he'd wish it was Aldrin again.... We should write a mockumentary on Bart-man versus NASA. we could have Buzz Aldrin chasing Sibrel down the street with a large bible shouting, "I swear by almighty God that if you don't run fast enough I'm going to make you eat this.

edit on 11/1/12 by Pimander because: Sorry, I can't help myself today.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I guess when it all comes down to it, there are 6 billion of us ape like fools scratching ourselves and looking up to the heavens. Its a dream of celestial importance, and when a tiny fraction get to actually get up there, its just too much for some people to believe. I guess maybe its because they just want to do it themselves so badly, they wear blinkers day and night.

Luckily, I've had the privilege to see the world's image from space, people lost their lives in this pursuit (I think its around 17 Americans and who knows how many Russians), and I for one am grateful from the bottom of my heart to all those that made this possible.

Those who jump on every silly lame 'moon hoax', I guess they are lucky! Because one day they will realize the gravity of what us butt scratching apes have accomplished.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

.....its propably what they are paid to do here.

I should be so damn lucky!!

Where to I apply?? Can I expect a paycheck in the mail anytime soon???

Sidebar: IF one cannot be bothered to actually do the research, and learn the science of reality, and of aerospace (and aviation-related disciplines), then one is in no position to make any "claims" regarding technical details of those sciences and activities.

There are VAST amounts of info out there, besides clips on YouTube by a hack nut case like Bart Sibrel (or any of the several others).

Know who began the "Moon hoax" conspiracy, in the first place, that led to people like Bart Sibrel, et al?

Bill Kaysing. A disgruntled technical-manuals proofreader who worked for a NASA contractor during part of Apollo.

He had an anti-government anger because of the Vietnam conflict, and a personal friend who returned after being discharged from the military, with the horrific stories of his experiences over there.

So, on a bet, Bill Kaysing said, "I'll bet you I can come up with the most outrageous stories about the Moon program, in order to embarrass the Government, and make them sound believable."

Kaysing's own (self-published) so-called "book" started it all.....and his absurd "book" only fooled those gullible and less scientifically educated in the first place......and so it spread, like a children's game of "Telephone".

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I suggest you compare the spec of the KAGUYA CAMERA with the one used on Apollo 8 before you jump to any conclusions about what you should be able to see!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by artistpoet

I watched and listened to all the broadcasts of the Apollo 11 mission to the Moon - I was a teenager at the time.
During one transmission one of the crew suddenly exclaimed "There are no stars where are the stars"

Apollo 11, was it?

Well, if you want to exert the effort, you could go hear and listen to (or read the transcripts) all the way through to find the wording that you think you heard.

(I'd say you misinterpreted what was said, though).

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

And as well, here:

Apollo 11 Lunar Surface Journal

And, the same ^ ^ ^ Apollo 11 info, to include video clips:

Apollo 11 Lunar Surface Journal main page

See all the Apollo missions starting from this page.

Thanks for the links I have just down loaded Adobe Acrobat - this is a new hardrive so had not previously installed it
However - I can assure you what I say I heard I heard as I was with family members and we discussed it at the time - So I will check the transcripts to see if it is there but I have a feeling it has been censored by NASA - So here goes - Thanks again
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Perhaps you should review the ground covered in this thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
It took more than 30 years since that time, was deployed as the most expensive race between the Soviet Union and the United States for supremacy in the land a man on the moon. Who won this race prestige - is known. Many events occurred during this time ...
Are you sure the Russians weren't just trying to con you guys (USA I mean
) into wasting billions of dollars.

When you found out what did you do is the question. Did you continue to waste money going to an alleged airless ball of dust or just build a fake Moon in a studio and hoax it? Is that why lots of the pictures look faked?

Can someone explain to me why the astronaut at the end of this video is clearly hanging by a string?

P.S. I know I'm just being annoying now but someone has to do it.

P.P.S. I don't need to know about engineering or space flight to see that there's something wrong with that footage.
edit on 11/1/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
so if the moon lanidng was faked...

could it be possible for some sort of alien race to be living there? serious question
edit on 11-1-2012 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShiftDrift

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by onewithall

This is an excerpt from A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon. Its quite an apic docu, as they go.
Expect debunkers in 5....4.....3....

You don't want de-bunkers ?

That seems like a very close minded attitude

Just a little attempt at humour. And by the way, It's "closed-minded".

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Are you sure the Russians weren't just trying to con you guys (USA I mean
) into wasting billions of dollars.

The money probably wasn't "wasted." It was probably funneled into black ops w/ the "moon mission" being the official cover story for Congress and the public.

Also, "lunar launches" provided convenient Wag the Dog opportunities (such as distraction from the Mai Lai massacre).

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

P.P.S. I don't need to know about engineering or space flight to see that there's something wrong with that footage.

You really don't see the standing astronaut helping with his right hand? Really?
Look closer, they are holding hands.
edit on 1/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, he lifts off the ground! He goes practically horizontal but off the ground. Remarkable... Lower gravity doesn't make you levitate.

Often your judgement is sound but that footage looks as suspect as hell to me. :shk:
edit on 11/1/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by onewithall
Hello ATS!

This is my first thread (besides my intro), I did a search and couldn't find this on here yet (if it is, I apologize).

Anyway, I just found this video on a random blog. It shows footage taken by the Apollo 11 astronauts from inside the spacecraft as they film different shots of "Earth" from a window. Well, they're actually in space, but they aren't as far away from the Earth as they say. Watch the video, there is great narration. Very interesting stuff, indeed.

So what do you guys think? This is the first video I've ever seen that makes me believe some of the moon landing hoax conspiracies.
Not this moon landing hoax crap again!! With any reasonably good telescope you can see the landing sites tracks, and debris from the landings. At least find a more credible topic to post. Geeze enough already!!!

much love,
OnewithAll
edit on 10-1-2012 by onewithall because: changed the title

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No. He does not.
Go to 2:10
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I've actually watched all of these supposed wire-works videos posted on this site and others...it takes a serious willfulness to ignore reality to say that the US built a sound-stage 5 miles in length with a roof height, of what, 5000 feet (the furthest distance traveled on Apollo 17 and the rough size of nearby foothills seen in the footage) to "fake" the exploration of the moon.

Early 70s video, suffering from multi-generational copy degradation, uploaded in even lower resolution to the internet, and then used as proof of conspiracy does not work to prove this hypothesis.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join