It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit to run out of money by May...elected officials might be thrown out by the governor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I used to live in Warren not too many years ago.

Detroit almost stole my soul - but I got myself together and ended up graduating from Flex (alternative school for Fitzgerald) in 2006 and I got the H out of there through a 4.0 GPA from Macomb, the "Most Distinguished Graduate of 2009" award, and a scholarship to Illinois Institute of Technology and I now live in Florida with a job I love, teaching math and science classes at the college here.

I advise everyone I know to get out of Detroit as soon as possible.

On a side note - I noticed your avatar - Breaking Bad? Rock on!! One of my favorite shows!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaMente

I've lived here my whole life I went to Fitzgerald too. I finished school back in the mid 90's This areas really gone down hill over the past 15 or so years. With the amount of security Fitzgerald now has it looks like a minimum security prison. All the section 8'ers are moving in from Detroit because of the drop in home prices. I have the resources to leave but I don't want to leave my family and friends. I've even thought about moving to Florida it's a beautiful state. I'm gonna tough it out no ones running me out quite yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Excellent, in 6 months we may begin construction of Delta City.

Gratuitous Robocop quoting 2nd line.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join