It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who You Really Are...Is...When You're Alone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Once in a great while, my mother in law will keep my two boys over night and my husband will go out with his friends. I love those evenings by myself. I crack open a bottle of wine and watch a horror flick. Usually it's a crappy B horror movie, because I love them. Probably one of my favorite things to do when I'm alone...does this make me weird?

Oh, I also like going to the movies alone. I find it very relaxing, finding a spot away from everyone with my soda and nachos. So it has to be a movie that has been out for a while so there's not a lot of people there. I know I know, that's probably weird too. lol

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

When I am alone, really I am usually pretty much the same as when I am not. I don't even wear pj's I just walk around in my boxers, and do absolutely nothing at all, or pretty much the same stuff I would do if others were there. I see no special reason to change things completely just because others are around, only for decency and getting along purposes.

Though I do not consider this lonesome city bread society as being capable of truly knowing what being alone is like. If anything being alone in such a situation is just a break from the loneliness of being with others in the mess called life, were everybody's life once in a while collides with somebody else, and they hang around for a period.

When you are alone is pretty much a different version of you, but if you want to truly know yourself you must pass trough all of it. Know thyself is something that came from people long ago who literally cut everything off and lived by themselves in the woods or somewhere far away from the herd and cities. To get to know themselves and there demons better, and that is what they accomplished.

But if you want to know what you are like or what people are like, that will come out in the tests and pressures and adversities that life throws your way. But if you truly want to know what a person is like...This quote by Lincoln says it best. And it applies to everybody.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
― Abraham Lincoln

Being alone is nothing to sweat, in fact it can get rather addicting, and once you get used to it its pretty fun...And it would be hard to go back the the hum drum of not being alone after that. In fact everybody should be alone for periods of time, from time to time, just to get the know themselves better.

This poem by Edgar Alan Poe said it best about me. And tough not as frequent as it used to be I still feel, and I am like that.

Alone.

From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were---I have not seen
As others saw---I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow; I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone;
And all I lov'd, I loved alone.
Then---in my childhood---in the dawn
Of a most stormy life---was drawn
From ev'ry depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still:
From the torrent, or the fountain,
From the red cliff of the mountain,
From the sun that 'round me roll'd
In its autumn tint of gold---
From the lightning in the sky
As it pass'd me flying by---
From the thunder and the storm,
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i do the things i cant do or dont want to do while someone is watching for instance taking a dump urinating and sometimes masterbating and bathing

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
i do the things i cant do or dont want to do while someone is watching for instance taking a dump urinating and sometimes masterbating and bathing

Bet you can't do all the 4 things you mention all at the same time

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join