It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House responds to controversial ‘Obamas’ book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A new book to be released soon titled "The Obamas" by author Jodi Kantor has been attacked by the White House already !

The White House is accusing the "book" of basing content on "reliance on second-hand accounts" of all things !

The book has accounts of infighting and general bickering and henpecking at The White House, and seems to focus on Michelle Obama's alleged raging tirades and rantings.

White House rebuttal

In a strongly-worded blog post published on the White House's web site Monday, Schultz criticized "The Obamas" for its reliance on second-hand accounts and Kantor's own interpretation of events.

"The book, an overdramatization of old news, is about a relationship between two people whom the author has not spoken to in years. The author last interviewed the Obamas in 2009 for a magazine piece, and did not interview them for this book," Schultz's statement reads. "The emotions, thoughts and private moments described in the book, though often seemingly ascribed to the President and First Lady, reflect little more than the author's own thoughts. These second-hand accounts are staples of every Administration in modern political history and often exaggerated."

Well it's not a M$M article, so what would you expect ?

MSNBC article and Video and sordid details !
Meet the Obamas

Ohhhh Now What !

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
For me, the important part was that the White House was not denying any of it.

I can't say that I'm surprised to hear that the Obamas are hard to get along with in real life.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There really isn't anything of substance within the book from what I understand. It's mostly about how Michelle didn't like the way the president's advisors went about the Healthcare bill and her arguing with Emanuelle about certain things. Her comment about living in the White House has been Hell is completely understandable to me. That has to be the most stressful thing there is. Good for her for not lying and being phony.

I could be wrong since I have not read the book, but all the articles I have read about the book only allude to very minor silly things that only ppl who watch TMZ would be interested in.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Michelle is mad now (maybe). And She has NOT read the book yet !

I think this is all politcal and a "sympathy" generator.

The book author and the White House may have conspired.

Note that the article has a completely unrelated picture of Michelle "smiling".

The article also quotes Michelle

"I guess it's just more interesting to imagine this conflicted situation here," she said. "That's been an image people have tried to paint of me since the day Barack announced, that I'm some kind of angry black woman."

(Jennifer Mattson January 11, 2012 22:06 GlobalPost)

US first lady Michelle Obama is rejecting claims in a new book that she has tense relationships with the President's inner circle and that she is "deeply frustrated and insecure."

"The Obamas" is an unauthorised biography by New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor which details the first lady's conflicts with former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and former press secretary Robert Gibbs. It calls her an "unrecognised force" in the White House.

In an interview with CBS This Morning, Obama called Gibbs a “trusted adviser” and Emanuel a friend and “funny guy.” The first lady said she doesn't typically have conversation's with her husband's staff and "can count the number of times I go over to the West Wing, period.”

Obama told CBS News people have inaccurately tried to portray her as "some kind of angry black woman" and challenged the book's assertions she imposes her own views on the White House staff.

She also said she has not yet read the book.

The book's author Jodi Kantor objected to the inference. “There’s no suggestion of her as an angry black woman in the book,”

"I guess it's just more interesting to imagine this conflicted situation here," she said. "That's been an image people have tried to paint of me since the day Barack announced, that I'm some kind of angry black woman."

Michelle Obama: I'm not an "angry black woman"

The Beatles say it good in an old song:

top topics

join