It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Unearthed by a Black Reporter: Fact - Ron Paul voted NAY to MLK DAY

page: 3
4
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus
 

Understood.
However, when a statement has been shown to be patently false, what do we do? At ATS, we put it in HOAX.
Many reporters can't hide their disdain for Paul, and I get tired of it. If you note, many of these responses come with snarky statements about Paul supporters, with the insinuation that they are either rabid or racist.
I take exception.




posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe


With this, you should also understand that Ron Paul is the only candidate who is pushing to end the "war on drugs." We all know it's effect on disproportionately targeting minorities. IMO, Ron Paul's policies would do the most to help solve some of these racial issues in that way.

Here is a good article addressing some of your concerns:
www.blackvoicenews.com... hat-are-blacks-to-do-about-ron-paul.html



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by femalepharoe
 


fp,
Are YOU a racist? I have been reading your post and see a few markers that may identify you as such.
Saying things like "you people" and "you guys" shows that you think of yourself as separate.
This is one of the biggest problems in America today.
It is time for people to understand that WE ARE ALL AMERICANS!!!!

So, you are black.
So, the reporter is black.
WHO CARES??


Andwehave a stake in what "liberty" he would bring to the table as well.

Things like this really get to me upset.

Are you tired of racism?
Are you tired of feeling that you're treated differently?

If so, THEN FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP SEPARATING YOURSELF!!!!
You are an AMERICAN.
To most people the fact that you are black is a non-issue, UNTIL YOU MAKE IT AN ISSUE.


you people and you guys in regards to this thread denoted RP supporters on ATS.

You people in the "confederate flag" thread denoted individuals who support the confederate flag. that's on linguistics.


We Are all Americans. And as an American its my duty to throw my hat in the building, rebuilding, or expanding the America that includes me.

I, me , and you are all apart of us.

to most people race is a non issue until you make it an issue - true.
...like asking for the other colored band aides.

Why are you so inconvenienced?

Am i supposed to talk about the possible race issues of Ron Paul but just leave out how it personally effects me bc it annoys YOU and your psyche?

...yess'm



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by TinkerHaus
 

Understood.
However, when a statement has been shown to be patently false, what do we do? At ATS, we put it in HOAX.
Many reporters can't hide their disdain for Paul, and I get tired of it. If you note, many of these responses come with snarky statements about Paul supporters, with the insinuation that they are either rabid or racist.
I take exception.


you have personally attacked me, had to get a comrade to clear it up for you, and then wonder why the "snarky comments"

you guys (most supporters responding to this thread) have been very rude.



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am sure it's been pointed out a bunch already, but you are incorrect in saying "But first here's Ron Paul on Martin Luther King Day in his newsletters." It wasn't Paul. Ron Paul never wrote such a thing.
edit on 11-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe
 

Attacked you? Oh my!
I guess I will be polite and apologize for the perceived slap. Sorry.
Now, can we continue to discuss the issues?



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe
 


I thought this might happen..

That article is also a RP smear piece. I included it to show that Ron Paul is a real person and works with people from all backgrounds.

You cannot expect someone to embrace all lifestyles, you can only expect that they refrain from allowing bias against or for a particular lifestyle to influence how they treat that person.

Ron Paul is against banning gay marriage, but he is uncomfortable around gay people.. To me this speaks volumes about the man's character. Here we have something that goes against Paul's personal beliefs and yet he STILL believes the LGBT community should have the same rights and privileges that we all do.

My point was - you don't have to agree with something to understand that it is important to other people. Ron Paul not only believes this but lives it. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who has shown he is able to keep his religious beliefs and his actions as a Congressman separate.



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by femalepharoe
 


I thought this might happen..

That article is also a RP smear piece. I included it to show that Ron Paul is a real person and works with people from all backgrounds.

You cannot expect someone to embrace all lifestyles, you can only expect that they refrain from allowing bias against or for a particular lifestyle to influence how they treat that person.

Ron Paul is against banning gay marriage, but he is uncomfortable around gay people.. To me this speaks volumes about the man's character. Here we have something that goes against Paul's personal beliefs and yet he STILL believes the LGBT community should have the same rights and privileges that we all do.

My point was - you don't have to agree with something to understand that it is important to other people. Ron Paul not only believes this but lives it. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who has shown he is able to keep his religious beliefs and his actions as a Congressman separate.





agreed!

So , it was a smear campaign but the stories in it are accurate? Or was that just an example?

lol, I'm sorry. Please keep in mind I don't hang out on conservative blogs to know which are accurate and which are not.



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
im no racist, but i don't think there should be a mlk day. MLK was an influential man no doubt, and in a good direction. He fought for equality. I doubt he'd want a day celebrated in his name. In fact ,he'd probably see it as counter productive. Why give one day to encompass a message that should affect us everyday of our lives. It's time people stop identifying with their race and start identifying with the planet.



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ya my company does not recognize it either. I don't get why they have to have Black History month? I mean c'mon...maybe I'm just ignorant to the fact. They want equal rights? Well then don't expect preferences.



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe
 


I only have one statement to make regarding Ron Paul that should clarify this whole issue for you - listen to the other candidates, review their voting records, and then review the way you feel afterwards. not the blogs or reports or the commentaries or the opinions of.... but the actual candidate. thier words, thier mannerisms, their 'jokes'...

Then understand who has told you the truth, and has unflinchingly, before Congress and the World since the 70's exposed it for what it is, who it is, and what he feels about it without fear of reprisal.

where, in any of it, do you hear the word race? I think Paul would rather give Bernanke a black eye before any qualms he rhetorically has been accused of with any black person lol. Get some rest girl, haven't these last three years of unemployment and free cell phones for all given you a headache yet?






posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme
 


good post...I agree 100%



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Ya my company does not recognize it either. I don't get why they have to have Black History month? I mean c'mon...maybe I'm just ignorant to the fact. They want equal rights? Well then don't expect preferences.


If people would teach accurate history there may not be a need for it...but as such...



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
reply to post by femalepharoe
 


I only have one statement to make regarding Ron Paul that should clarify this whole issue for you - listen to the other candidates, review their voting records, and then review the way you feel afterwards. not the blogs or reports or the commentaries or the opinions of.... but the actual candidate. thier words, thier mannerisms, their 'jokes'...

Then understand who has told you the truth, and has unflinchingly, before Congress and the World since the 70's exposed it for what it is, who it is, and what he feels about it without fear of reprisal.

where, in any of it, do you hear the word race? I think Paul would rather give Bernanke a black eye before any qualms he rhetorically has been accused of with any black person lol. Get some rest girl, haven't these last three years of unemployment and free cell phones for all given you a headache yet?





lol. I really appreciate the comment. And so far I deff respect what he has stood for. I'm just trying to weed out the straw men and the ass holes/liars.

..wether or not I will be left with any thing after the filtering is anyone's guess.



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe
 


I don't hang out on conservative blogs either. I just read RP news from my news feeder and remembered that article.

I'm not sure as to the accuracy of the incidents alleged in the article. I just wanted to point out that if a former staffer is involved in a smear, he would be going for the most credible thing to pin on his former boss. He would know first hand what holds merit and what doesn't. If a former staffer is moving away from the racism thing and toward something far less sinister...I believe that says something about the credibility of the allegations of racism.



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe
 


It's no longer "alleged" that Ron Paul wrote those letters.

It is a proven fact that he did not.

www.libertariannews.org...



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
All this twisting and turning.

Ron Paul did in fact vote NAY to MLK Day.

He also voted YAY to change the date from a Monday to a Sunday...but that isn't voting for the holiday.


But I see some trying to say that he voted for it in the end...but he didn't....but if he did...does that make him a flip flopper.



Poor Ron Paul...he can't get away from his "hate whitey day" (Ron Paul quote from his newsletters) vote.



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
All this twisting and turning.

Ron Paul did in fact vote NAY to MLK Day.

He also voted YAY to change the date from a Monday to a Sunday...but that isn't voting for the holiday.


But I see some trying to say that he voted for it in the end...but he didn't....but if he did...does that make him a flip flopper.



Poor Ron Paul...he can't get away from his "hate whitey day" (Ron Paul quote from his newsletters) vote.


thanks for bringing it around. I have appreciated a LOT of useful comments but this was essentially my point.

There so much obfuscation when it comes to this guy.

People keep saying " he voted here's proof click this link!"
And then when you click it, there's nothings there.

We are then told, that "its hard to account for every vote".

I mean, stuff like this only becomes an issue when so much confusion surrounds it.

People keep saying " he voted here's proof click this link!"
And then when you click it, there's nothings there.

We are then told, that "its hard to account for every vote".
While then dismissing the votes that can be accounted for on these matters as "incomplete" or "out of context".

We are told that "he didn't write the newsletters it was just in his name". Then we are told "that there is no way to know who wrote them"

However, the RP supporters often bring about unearthed information as to who the REAL culprit of the racist newsletters are whilst denying that RP has any authority to denounce the identified parties - who work(ed) for him!

Usually when people are telling you left is right and right is left there is something wrong.

I mean, stuff like this only becomes an issue when so much confusion surrounds it.
edit on 11-1-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
All this twisting and turning.

Ron Paul did in fact vote NAY to MLK Day.

He also voted YAY to change the date from a Monday to a Sunday...but that isn't voting for the holiday.


But I see some trying to say that he voted for it in the end...but he didn't....but if he did...does that make him a flip flopper.



Poor Ron Paul...he can't get away from his "hate whitey day" (Ron Paul quote from his newsletters) vote.


Paul also voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, stating:


It not only violated the Constitution and reduced individual liberty; it also failed to achieve its stated goals of promoting racial harmony and a color-blind society. Federal bureaucrats and judges cannot read minds to see if actions are motivated by racism. Therefore, the only way the federal government could ensure an employer was not violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was to ensure that the racial composition of a business's workforce matched the racial composition of a bureaucrat or judge's defined body of potential employees. Thus, bureaucrats began forcing employers to hire by racial quota. Racial quotas have not contributed to racial harmony or advanced the goal of a color-blind society. Instead, these quotas encouraged racial balkanization, and fostered racial strife.


Paul votes against federal holidays (because such things are not authorized in the Constitution), while at the same time honoring MLK with articles and events.

Voting against federal holidays because they are not authorized by the Constitution does not make the man a racist.






edit on 11-1-2012 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
MLK day as "hate whitey day"? That is deplorable. I'm white and I've never noticed the Holiday to be anything other than what it is. A celebration of MLK and his contributions and accomplishments.

Paul's remarks suck. He doesn't need to be in power if he disdains a large part of our population. I'm afraid he will try to punish them somehow, through cutting social programs, or other ways. We can't have that.



You are making the mistake od thinking that social entitlments do much more than put a bandaid on a gaping wound. Ever hear the "give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetune"? Well it's like that. People learn to work the system instead of realizing it's just a stopgap measure till you get your life turned around. What we need are jobs, we need to bring back our manufacturing base, stop these jobs from going overseas or this will only get worse.
What you don't realize about Ron Paul is that he is against the socialism being pushed for decades by the Progressives. To insinuate that he would deliberately cut programs to punish people is one of the most uninformed things I've read here. Socialism doesn't really help the poor, it just makes them dependent on an overly controlling, all-pervasive, Totalitarian State, and why would someone who preserves liberty even think of entertaining more and more socialism?

I was totally enthralled with Ron Paul's message to his base last night after the polls closed. He was on fire and that's the Ron Paul I will vote for.
In fact I was telling someone today about Ron's address and he said the exact same thing I did about it.

OH and I thought I would bring some clarity to the welfare thing by posting about Star Parker

Star Parker is the founder and president of CURE, the Center for Urban Renewal and Education, a 501(c)(3) non-profit think tank which promotes market based public policy to fight poverty
Before involvement in social activism, Star Parker had seven years of first-hand experience in the grip of welfare dependency. Now, as a social policy consultant, Star is bringing new energy to policy discussions on how to transition America's poor from government dependency.



Star has a BS degree in Marketing and Business from Woodbury University and has received numerous awards and commendations for her work on public policy issues. She consults with Republican legislators on numerous urban issues, has lectured on anti-poverty initiatives at more than 180 colleges and universities and serves on the advisory boards for several national organizations
Star Parker's personal transformation from welfare dependent to conservative crusader has been chronicled by ABC's 20/20; Rush Limbaugh; Readers Digest; James Dobson; The 700 Club; Dr. George Grant; Christianity Today; James Robison; Newsmax, Charisma, and World Magazine.



She has debated Jesse Jackson on various headline issues; she fought for school choice on Larry King Live; she defended welfare reform on the Oprah Winfrey Show, and she debated healthcare reform against Michael Moore on ABC's The View with host Barbara Walters.

www.urbancure.org...


edit on 11-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
4
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join