It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 Congressmen to Court: If Individual Mandate's Unconstitutional, Strike Down All Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It looks like some U.S. Congressional members are REALLY against ObamaCare !

Enough so to prompt a demand to strike down the whole damn thing !

They say the legislation does not contain a severability clause.

I guess if The SCOTUS rules some of it unconstitutional, then the whole bunch of bananas go with it !

While some parts (not many) actually may be positive for the majority of Americans, I think most of it is negative, especially the financial impacts.

And with all the waivers granted so far, they may as well scrap it and start over.

The individual mandate provision is the issue before the Supreme Court.

By Fred Lucas
January 9, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Twenty-seven members of Congress, including House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas), have signed an amicus brief asking the U.S. Supreme Court to strike down the entire Obamacare law if it finds that the individual mandate provision is unconstitutional.

The Family Research Council filed the amicus curiae in the case challenging the constitutionality of the individual mandate of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare.

The individual mandate is one provision in a larger law that also requires certain employers to provide government-approved insurance or face a penalty, establishes exchanges for government-approved insurance plans and requires insurers to cover pre-existing conditions.

ObamaCare Challenge

I think Obama is henpecked enough as it is, maybe he should concede this one !

Too many wheeler-dealers are getting rich (again) off our sweat.

Get the Rates Back Down I Can't Afford It !

edit on Jan-10-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I never knew he was making it so expensive for Americans. Various people have told me that this plan of his isn't very good, hopefully someone else gets elected that will lower the prices of your healthcare.

Obama are you listening?

Isn't this like the 50th time he violates the constitution?
edit on 10-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What are the other 49? That's a major claim there.

Proof is in the pudding. Obama's healthcare only has one entity in mind. Insurance companies. It's the most disgusting policy wrapped and disguised in a box that says "We care about all you uninsured".

Tell ya what Mr. president. If you and your administration care so much, then why on Earth did you not include a public option or more restrictions on the insurance companies who ARE THE PROBLEM? You pushed the God damned thing through anyway! Why not change it to a more appropriate flavor?

Only the German have a word for how disgusting this debacle is. Something like "Forcenhausen und maken mebroke"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Trouble is the SCOTUS members are appointed by the Govt.
Bought and Paid for.

Where are all the Constitutional Lawyers challenging these laws???

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Here is an article (3 pages long) that has the top 10 possible violations .

Of course, a court challenge would be necessary to prove any I think.

ObamaNations

1. The individual mandate
2. Medicaid coercion
3. The Independent Payment Advisory Board (a.k.a. “The Death Panel”)
4. The Chrysler bailout
5. Dodd-Frank
6. The deep-water drilling ban
7. Political-speech disclosure for federal contractors
8. Taxing political contributions
9. Graphic tobacco warnings
10. Health care waivers

and this question about the census
ObamaCensus

Deeply deeply troubling Obama development. President b. Hussein is removing the Census from the Commerce department and moving it to the White House. Bear in mind that President O has allocated one billion dollars in the porkulous package for the already automatically funded census taking.

Look at the seal of the Bureau of the Census. It was the intent of the framers of the this great country (the first census after the American Revolution was taken in 1790 under Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson) to keep the census out of partisan hands. This move by ACORN organizer and current President seems a deliberate violation of the Constitution. And yes, I think his ACORN days (illegal voter registrations etc) and the gaming of the Census data are tied.

edit on Jan-11-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

Trouble is the SCOTUS members are appointed by the Govt.
Bought and Paid for.

Where are all the Constitutional Lawyers challenging these laws???

Great Question !!

Maybe they are waiting for a Republican POTUS and Congress to repeal everything.

top topics

join