It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tissue Regeneration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
OK, this has probably been out there, I didn't look for it because I thought this was friggin' amazing. A couple of years back I heard of this guy that had his finger tip cut off by a propeller of a RC Plane. Now, this mans brother gave him some powder extracted from pig bladder which acted as a scafolding for healing tissue. He grew his finger back nail and all. Here are a couple of links to differents stories both equaly amazing. Has anyone heard of this or heard of a loved one who as used this? Even other stories beside the ones here. I love this kind of stuff.

Man regrows finger tip
Soldier gets the use of his leg back
YoungTurks covers Soldier Story

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I'm not sure what to reply, this is fascinating!

I didn't know that anyone had actually been able to stop scar tissue forming.

I have heard of the growing of individual organs using 3D printed support structures, stem cells and some seed tissue, but they are all doing it in culture & outside the body.

Star & flag!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I WAS a smoker, and am an asthmatic (stupid me, right?)

I take Seretide which comes in a round UFO shaped container

I am wondering if we got some of this pig bladder stuff and put the powder into this container like they put the powder in the container for seretide... Well, could we regrow back some of our lung capacity that we lost due to smoking?

Suffering from emphysema... no problem! Just inhale pig bladder!!!

edit on 10-1-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

From other articles I've read scar tissue seems to be at a minimum or even non exixtant. Unless I miss read. Hopefuly they can commercialize it for every day use like a polysporin type oitment. But non the less, the implications for this could be amazing. Maybe it could be used to repair brain damage by injecting at the source. Or even spinal injuries. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I wouldn't be suprised if they could impliment it to inhalers. Infact that could be one of the best ways to use the stuff IMO. They could use it for cancer patients or even fire fighter with seared lungs, burn victims. To be used internaly would be an amazing advancement in medical tech.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
One thing I was wondering about was birth deformations. Lets say a child is born with a stub for an arm. Do you think they could amputate the stub, apply this powder and grow a normal arm instead? Or do you think it builds through DNA information and this powder would only regrow the stub?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by chr0naut

From other articles I've read scar tissue seems to be at a minimum or even non exixtant. Unless I miss read. Hopefuly they can commercialize it for every day use like a polysporin type oitment. But non the less, the implications for this could be amazing. Maybe it could be used to repair brain damage by injecting at the source. Or even spinal injuries. Who knows.

I would think that the reason they cannot simply spread a magic powder into wounds is that it is not actually human tissue and is probably rejected by the body.

I would think that the reason it has only been done a few times and then, mainly by the military, is that it would require the suppression of the immune system for the entire period of the regrowth, which is quite dangerous.

But I can see how a soldier might be happy to risk death to, potentially, not be maimed.

edit on 11/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I WAS a smoker, and am an asthmatic (stupid me, right?)

I take Seretide which comes in a round UFO shaped container

I am wondering if we got some of this pig bladder stuff and put the powder into this container like they put the powder in the container for seretide... Well, could we regrow back some of our lung capacity that we lost due to smoking?

Suffering from emphysema... no problem! Just inhale pig bladder!!!

edit on 10-1-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

Hey Buddy,

You can at least regrow part of your lungcapacity with live cell therapy. I did it and it does wonders.
I used MF3 HP 230mg - 50 Vials and ordered it from euroswisspro.com... - ( You can order it from other sites too, this is just where i got it from, there may be US sources too....)It is pretty expensive but does wonders.,... it not only regenerates lungs but all kind of organs...has 16 different organ cells in each vial.
I can personally recommend this product to you... for me it did perform miracles....

I hope this information helps and heals you,

God bless you my friend! Keep me posted....

P.S. I am not affiliatet with this company or produc in any way, this is no advertisement!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Very interesting.

I have a young relative who lost the tip of her finger. The doctor told the mother not to worry, as below a certain age such things regenerate! (She was aged about 3 or 4 at the time, I believe.)

The last I heard, everything was in good order.

Next time I see her I'll try to get a fuller picture — both metaphorically and literally — and post the results back here. It may well be a very long time I'm afraid.

...Studies in the 1970s showed that children up to the age of 10 or so who lose fingertips in accidents can regrow the tip of the digit within a month provided their wounds are not sealed up with flaps of skin – the de facto treatment in such emergencies. They normally won't have a finger print, and if there is any piece of the finger nail left it will grow back as well, usually in a square shape rather than round...

(Extract from the Wiki article)

top topics

join