It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird picture I took at the cemetery. What is it?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

You mentioned that you were sitting down in the supposed pose of the anomaly. Where is that? In which picture?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
Let's review a photo taken today:

notice the area, you see ALL the grass, nothing of a fire hydrant,monument,trash bag, etc... Show me doctored photo's...wait still waiting.

Seems to me inch by inch you're stepping out of town!!! Can you have possibly have angled this any MORE to the right? You're going so out of your way to cover that fire hydrant that you're actually getting in NEW buildings!

Hey, pay attention where you're walking though. I'd hate to read that an ATSer fell off a cliff and into the Pacific Ocean all in an attempt to recapture a photo of a pretend fire hydrant-ghost

Stay safe you old sage!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera

You mentioned that you were sitting down in the supposed pose of the anomaly. Where is that? In which picture?

I was sitting in front of this headstone. The one where the U.G.I is at in the O.P. The row of pictures of the headstones. I'm in front of Mr. Wilhems headstone. I noticed the wife, and daughter next to him, so I got a pic of the finally resting spot of the family. That's the only reason I took all 3 headstone shots. (All the same Family)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Okay, I misunderstood you then. I thought you meant that you took a long shot ( with a tripod ) of yourself in the same spot, posed the way some people have suggested the figure was in. Then we could have gauged the size and compare that image with your original photo. Sorry.
It also might not be a bad idea if you could swing it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
to the east of the headstone (notice I sat down in the position that previous posters claimed to have seen the C.G.I sitting in)

OP, this is what I was referring to. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

Sure.

Another aspect to consider is look at all the directional photo's (n,s,e,w) and see if you could "hide" anywhere where I couldn't see you (from my position over the fence of the cemetery/park) from my "mid point" pick you can also see there is a large area that has nothing to hide behind, in 2 seconds or less. To get up off the ground in a sitting position to running and hiding behind the closest tree, wall, truck, etc...

That's the thing that doesn't add up. If it's a person, fine. How did they disappear?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I've been reading through most of this thread, and still am not convinced that this is something paranormal in nature. I also am 95% sure it is not a hoax.

Also, the mysterious object that keeps getting circled (I believe it was called a leaf), doesn't match the leaves that are on the tree - If you look at the photos where it is circled, look at the slightly dead ones at the end of the branch. Also, I don't think the "flowers" mentioned are dandelions - but probably more of a daisy (the white flowers with the yellow center) - if they are dandelions, then it is still possible that they would be there the next day (I mean, most of the ones in my yard are still there for a couple, until the wind picks up).

To me, it just looks like others had mentioned (a child, possibly sitting near a grave) - doesn't really have the paranormal vibe to it.

My question to the OP is: Why didn't you investigate or go in the cemetery? I mean, if it's during the daytime, you are allowed in - maybe the laws are different elsewhere, but you can "wander" in any of them here in Michigan (they are considered parks, and even the ones with a gated entrance will let you in - even if there's no one in your family buried there). If I saw something like that, I would've went in in a heartbeat (Plus, they let a truck in there, so I doubt you would've been bothered). Seeing as you did finally go in, this isn't much of an issue.

Also, I did notice a Truck in the background of all the shots - Did you try to contact the owner just to see if he ever saw something?

My final question (for now) is: Pretend this was actually a child that was startled by you taking a photo of them - the tree on the left of the "child" is not that far away (it looks closer in the second picture - the one where another tree is "covering" up the thing). Sometimes children can run pretty fast - Is it not possible that the child, after being startled, hid behind the tree that I mentioned? Or happened to go around the trunk of the tree at the right angle that you didn't see it?

And I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but unless you were focused on a stop watch or some other time-keeping piece, it was probably a few seconds more that you thought - people lose track of me in about 10 seconds (even when I'm in plain sight - I just go to the side they aren't facing
), and as a kid, I was able to sprint to one of the huge trees that used to be in our backyard & hide, even when the person seeking in "hide en seek" was in the backyard about 200ft away. Whenever someone says (in general) "it was only a split-second...I saw it only a couple seconds ago...etc", they are usually not taking into consideration how much time had passed. I'm not saying that you were staring at this thing for hours on end, but you must have looked at it on the phone as you were walking, right? It did pause long enough for you to get a photo in, right? Mine can capture an image in about 1 second, and required additional time to either send or save it.

In short: Yes, there is something (I prefer someone) there. No, I don't think it is paranormal, because of my ramblings in this post, and I also believe that you did not doctor the photos. There's still probably something being held back about this story (just a gut feeling), but I won't question it tonight.

-fossilera

PS: Sorry if the ramblings don't make any sense - the new job is throwing off my sleep schedule.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Is there a way to determine if it was an adult or a child? By the sitting position (which most people agree on if it is a person) can measure from top to bottom and get an estimate on the height, age of the assumed person?

The reason I didn't go over there on the first day, I had my dog (not on a leash) at the park, didn't want it running through the cemetery and possibly defecating on someone's headstone. Plus, I can't just "hop" the fence due to my back, had to walk all the way around today from the front. (without my dog this time
)

I know the owner of the red truck, it's the groundskeepers. That is a very good summary of what you think it is. I know 100% I saw it. I know 100% that my pictures are genuine and not doctored/edited in any way. I know 0% as to what it is.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Let's say it was a person paying respects to a dearly beloved person. If you go to visit someone, do you usually bring flowers,gifts,candles,pictures, etc...

I would say the majority do. (maybe that's not correct) why was there no sign of visitors? Even if it was just a single cigarette butt, but nothing. That's what makes me wonder why a person would bother to get so low to the headstone, and not place anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I'm going to go on further,

that--------->

is your truck.

You saw this covered up fire hydrant, bush or headstone and saw the opportunity to try to pull a fast one on us.

The photos were absolutely positively unequivocally taken the same day.
In fact, within a few moments of one another. I hope you get banned and I WILL be watching for you to come back under an assumed name,

The op refuses to rise to your insults and you accuse him of lieing, also i see loads of cars parked in the same place day after day by people at work. Calm down ,why are you being so antagonistic?
The photo is taken in virtually the same spot, the tree isn't blocking the view anymore than the first photo is. What gives you the right to call for someone to be banned when it hasn't been proved either way. If it's a hoax it will become apparent. Why be so insulting. The op has done everything asked of him as far as i can see.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What do you mean "the op had me down to his level" Not once has he allowed himself to rise to your accusations and hysteria. You are so afraid of being made a fool of that you have even threatened to follow any new members accounts in case he returns if banned just cos you think he should be. Is your ego so afraid of giving the benefit of the doubt and looking a fool for believing? Your posts are making uncomfortable viewing, no one will think any less of you if it was a hoax so why the attitude?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Hello Thepupils,

I do not know what is in your picture.

What I do know is that you are saying the truth about when the pictures were taken.

You are also saying the truth about "it" not being there in the second picture. And not hiding behind the tree.

EXIF DATA PICTURE # 1:

This picture was taken 2012-01-10 10:43

No alterations, normal exposure, no shopping. From an IPhone 4.

I have circled where the "it" is.

EXIF DATA PICTURE #2:

This picture was taken 2012-01-12 12:50

I have circled where "it" should be in this picture, but isn't.

My first guess is that what you are saying is true as you say (think) you witnessed it.

My second guess is that it's a kid. And in a moment of inattention, you then looked again and "it" (he/she) was gone.

~Son.

P.S. My third guess is that you would deserve a few apologies for the cheap shot name callings.

edit on 12-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: grammar.

edit on 12-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: grammar part deux.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation

The photo is taken in virtually the same spot, the tree isn't blocking the view anymore than the first photo is. What gives you the right to call for someone to be banned when it hasn't been proved either way. If it's a hoax it will become apparent. Why be so insulting. The op has done everything asked of him as far as i can see.

It absolutely is NOT taken in the same spot!!!

One or two feet to the right impedes the 'thing'.

Please take a look at my side by side photo.

I am being antagonistic (not meaning to though) because you are being bamboozled and it frustrates me when others don't see that and instead, feed the thread that perpetuates a hoax.

It is clearly a trick of angle. The OP is NOT taking the photo from the same vantage place. It's off to the right and zoomed in a bit and you're falling for it.
Unfortunate and unreal.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Hello Thepupils,

What I do know is that you are saying the truth about when the pictures were taken.

You are also saying the truth about "it" not being there in the second picture. And not hiding behind the tree.

EXIF DATA PICTURE # 1:

EXIF DATA PICTURE #2:

My first guess is that what you are saying is true as you say (think) you witnessed it.

My second guess is that it's a kid. And in a moment of inattention, you then looked again and "it" (he/she) was gone.

~Son.

P.S. My third guess is that you would deserve a few apologies for the cheap shot name callings.

edit on 12-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: grammar.

edit on 12-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: grammar part deux.

Thank You for the verification!

@ this point the "kid" theory sounds about the most logical/reasonable explanation. It is just really strange and unusual. There are other questions, such as "Where were/are the parents" how "big" the kid was from measuring estimating it's height from the sitting position. etc...

I came here with my find, and as always expect negative feedback, it seems as if after 8 pages, we can make even more progress (now that my pic. times/dates have been verified) on the conclusion of the U.G.I
Big ups to sunofthesun for the verification (at least on my dates/times & location of U.G.I)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

It absolutely is NOT taken in the same spot!!!

One or two feet to the right impedes the 'thing'.

Wrong.

One or two feet to the right would not impede the "thing".

Post above your reply clearly shows that.

This member posted an OP with a picture. Asking for comments from other members as to what it could be. After being harassed into taking other pictures of the same spot, he did so.

He has said the truth about the pictures taken two days apart. EXIF proves it.

Geez...why are you so convinced that this is a hoax?

edit on 12-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: bb code error

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Hello Thepupils,

EXIF DATA PICTURE # 1:

EXIF DATA PICTURE #2:

~Son.

Look at the building in the background. Notice how you don't see a window in the first photo but you DO see a window in the second one (along with that black truck)

This means the OP is off to the right a bit more meaning he's taking the second photo on more of an angle to HIDE the 'thing' behind the tree.

Why aren't you seeing this????

And why hasn't he YET to show us where on Google map (which I provided twice already) where this took place?

Why? Because the jig would really be up then. This way, by avoiding my question, he gets to string a few more people along before he vanishes before providing a video.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I was asked for more photo's before my story would even be "considered" for review to be legit. I gave you more pictures. Now you want video?

No matter what I provide, you will not be satisfied as to believe what's already set in your mind. Let's see all the aspects you were WRONG about:

The blue truck is mine: false
The pictures were taking the SAME day: false
I'm blocking the image of the "thing" by my angle being to the right of the tree: false
I am a hoaxer: false

Any more credible statements are more than welcome on my thread!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The circle in the second picture clearly shows where the presumed kid should be. Even with an angle one or two feet away...but I won't get into a debate about it with you.

After reading my reply, the OP stated and I quote:

@ this point the "kid" theory sounds about the most logical/reasonable explanation. It is just really strange and unusual.

A hoax huh??

Good night Human_Alien.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join