It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird picture I took at the cemetery. What is it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Hi Folks,

Sorry, but I'm a little bit bemused by some of the replies here.

All I can see is a little girl in a hooded top, kneeling on the ground with her knees in front, and legs out to the side (like most little girls do!).
You can even see the different coloured sole of her right boot facing the camera! (It's yellow)

I've done a quick "paint" job on the original photo, to illustrate what I mean. I hope it clarifies what I can see?
(I have taken a bit of a liberty with the colours to highlight the boots/jeans etc)

I suppose it could have been an apparition of a girl if it did indeed "disappear", but we can't tell from the one photo unfortunately.

regards,
GTD
edit on 11-1-2012 by Gordi The Drummer because: To clarify the reason for adding colours to the paintjob.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As much as I try to see a child sitting here , the legs just seem way to short.
For the people who think its a covered fire hydrant , that's very unlikely as it would be sitting (or just in front of ) a flat grave marker.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
As much as I try to see a child sitting here , the legs just seem way to short.
For the people who think its a covered fire hydrant , that's very unlikely as it would be sitting (or just in front of ) a flat grave marker.

Hi blue,

Did you see my post above?

I think we can only see one leg (the right) and it's angled somewhat towards the camera?
You can see the orangey/yellow colour of the sole of the boot.

The other (left) leg is tucked under/behind the figure, and we can only see the knee (catching the light) on that side.
So, I'm kind of confused as to why you think the legs are way too short?

Could you elaborate please? Are you seeing the figure positioned differently?

Thanks,
GTD

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yes , I do see what you are saying , however it still seems very odd to me . The other leg does not seem to be there at all , and the arms under the hoodie or whatever seem off some hows also.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Yeah, the other (left) leg is tucked under her, and facing directly away from camera (behind her) so we wouldn't see it from this angle.
The arms, we can't really make out clearly. I think they're positioned between her legs, just above the knee, palm to palm, as that seems to be quite a common thing for kneeling girls to do!
In saying that, they could be behind her back or tucked into pockets on the front of the hoodie?

I'll add an image of the sort of position I'm describing...
Sorry it's a rubbish cartoon drawing, I couldn't find a decent photo, but if you imagine the figure below, but facing to the right instead of left? and with the visible leg facing more towards the viewer?

Hope this helps?
GTD

GTD
edit on 11-1-2012 by Gordi The Drummer because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by Gordi The Drummer because: To add picture

edit on 11-1-2012 by Gordi The Drummer because: to correct spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
[more

Agreed. Very creepy. To me, it looks like someone rising from the ground - or grave, in this case. What no one has commented on is the straight and skinny object this 'figure' seems to be holding...much as a soldier would hold his firearm: across the chest (here it goes from bottom right to upper left)...and folks, remember, this is a GRAVEYARD...what people might see as a 'shadow' (to the left of the figure) is very likely a depression into the ground caused by an inset grave marker.

Also, I have NEVER seen a fire hydrant in the middle of a graveyard (and I grew up across from a very large one - they are there, but they don't just plant them between graves for Pete's sake - they are always at unobtrusive curbs), so explanations about garbage bags over them just does not cut it. I do not think I would have approached it, either...but I am interested in another photo being taken...closer and also of what the marker says.

To be honest, my first impression of this shot was that it was of a soldier rising from the ground, holding his gun across his chest, wearing combat fatigue, including the hat...and if it was looking at me, I think I would've made a run for it, too. But I would go back (with a friend or two) and investigate further, for sure.

Looking forward to another photo. Or three.

Namaste.
GI

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenIrish
[more

Agreed. Very creepy. To me, it looks like someone rising from the ground - or grave, in this case. What no one has commented on is the straight and skinny object this 'figure' seems to be holding...much as a soldier would hold his firearm: across the chest (here it goes from bottom right to upper left)...and folks, remember, this is a GRAVEYARD...what people might see as a 'shadow' (to the left of the figure) is very likely a depression into the ground caused by an inset grave marker.

Also, I have NEVER seen a fire hydrant in the middle of a graveyard (and I grew up across from a very large one - they are there, but they don't just plant them between graves for Pete's sake - they are always at unobtrusive curbs), so explanations about garbage bags over them just does not cut it. I do not think I would have approached it, either...but I am interested in another photo being taken...closer and also of what the marker says.

To be honest, my first impression of this shot was that it was of a soldier rising from the ground, holding his gun across his chest, wearing combat fatigue, including the hat...and if it was looking at me, I think I would've made a run for it, too. But I would go back (with a friend or two) and investigate further, for sure.

Looking forward to another photo. Or three.

Namaste.
GI

I'm going tomorrow for more ( I know I said I would post em' today, but my daughter was sick) I had to take care of her. I'm going tomorrow between 12:00-1:00 like poster emberscott noticed the time. That way the lighting is the same, etc...

I will get from n,s,e,w, from the grave, pics of the grave, and another shot from my original position. Pardon the delay on my behalf, I will have them though.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

Thanks for posting of your delay. I have been waiting all day to see new pics.
I look forward to new pics.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by OwenGP185
Why are people saying it looks like a person lol, look at the base for startes, unless you think "it" has enormous feet? This looks a lot like a rock or black bag in my opinion, considering its a cemetery is might even be a memorial stone with the flat writiing surface out of view. I can see that the sun also creates the illusion of a crouching figure but if you look closer you can see it in one uniform object.

I would like to see the OP take a new photo of that exact area as I suspect the rock will be their still unless he can move it.

People are saying what they're saying because of the leading post.
The OP put the suggestion into the minds of the minion that this was an "It" and....."It was staring at him" and possibly 'walked away'.

It's subliminal suggesting.

The OP said s/he was walking his/her dog which leads ME to believe, this isn't new territory for OP. In fact, OP probably knows this cemetery/park quite well thus: wasn't OP's first rodeo (if ya know what I mean).

I believe the OP knows exactly what this is/was and is having a laugh at other people's gullible expense.

I call it "it" because I don't know what the object in the picture is. I could call it U.G.I (unidentified graphic image) or "thing" if I called it "ghost" or "apparition" that would suggest something of the spirit/supernatural realm. I'm merely stating that I don't know what "it" is. If I did, I wouldn't have wasted my time or your time in some childish prank.

From now on just to clarify "it" will not be used to describe the object in question in the picture. I will call it U.G.I
I don't want to subliminally suggest "it" again.

Yes, I am very familiar with the cemetery and surrounding neighborhood. I noticed it because it was unusual. There are no monuments,hydrants,roaming trash bags,etc... that's what made me notice the "U.G.I" (which wasn't a graphic image at the time) but you get my drift. Have you ever gotten a feeling that something or someone is watching you? It's not that unusual of a person to be able to have that sense. I believe we all have it, some use it more than others.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I also thought of jawas...be cool if jawas were real - make a cool pet.

Anyway...reminded me of this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also took the liberty of linking the author of that thread to this one, as he/she didn't provide a picture. Someone did respond to the thread and uploaded pictures of jawas, the OP said that the thing he/she claims to have seen was eerily similar.

Strange.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alilonthecheekyside

Originally posted by crazydaisy
At first I thought it was a child with a hooded coat
kneeling on the ground. After taking a better look
at the face now I'm not so sure. Would be good if
we could get a zoom image on it.

Looks pretty creepy to me.
Like whatever it is...is coming out of the GROUND.
So now that we have indulged our curiosity.
Lets go focus on something more positive.
This feels wrong to me.
Bye and GOD bless you.

It isn't coming out of the ground. And this singular photo would have no credibility in a legitimate investigation. But here's your explanation.

You seem to want it to be paranormal as you make a reference to it being a "Masonic Cemetery" like it's a big deal. And the fact that your initial assumption is that it's paranormal is telling. But here's a breakdown.

1- The truck in the photo means that someone is nearby. Most likely visiting a departed lovewrapped around their knees. d one. So now that you know there is a human being or two in the area(because of the truck) and you don't see them anywhere else, it would be wise to assume that the only figure you see is the actual person from the truck.

2- They aren't coming out of the ground. After zooming in and cleaning up it's rather obvious that it's a person crouching. They are flatfooted and their hunched down in a position where their thighs are pressed against their calves. Crouching flatfooted in a ball. Their arms are wrapped around their knees. It appears to be a male in a hooded sweatshirt. And he is looking at you. Probably wondering why you are staring at him taking photos.

Sorry I didn't see anything that would make me think its paranormal, even in a passing glance. And when yo look at the circumstances, cemetery in the daytime with a truck parked nearby and a person dressed appropriately for the weather and the season... It's safe to right this one off.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If you screw your eyes right up it looks like a Monkey. It has a Monkey face. A Monkey in a coat, sitting at a grave.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov
There's something else in that picture that I found more disturbing than a trash bag.

WHAT IS THIS???

edit on 11-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

a steamy-curler!?!?

Where's the photo of the area without 'it' there? 2 days ago you said you'd post one... im beginning to smell that steamy-curler now methinks!
edit on 12-1-2012 by just1cornell0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Considering everyone is posting pictures trying to show its a person here is mine. Cleary it is some type of rock, the fact the "face" or "clothes" lack any colour compared to the background should be enough to let go of that theory.

Please bare in mind if you do not have a calibrated IPS monitor, chances are you wont even see half the lines and edges. It is clearly something attached to a base and the sunlight is tricking people into seeing the shape in 3D.

* It might not be a rock, could be metal or something but it is not a human unless they come with right angles, edged heads and little no colour contrast.
edit on 12-1-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by just1cornell0

There's something else in that picture that I found more disturbing than a trash bag.

WHAT IS THIS???

a steamy-curler!?!?

Where's the photo of the area without 'it' there? 2 days ago you said you'd post one... im beginning to smell that steamy-curler now methinks!
edit on 12-1-2012 by just1cornell0 because: (no reason given)

I'll have them up within 3 hrs. I'm waiting for the sunlight to be in the same position for the follow up pics. (12:00-1:00 P.S.T) Thank you for being patient. My sick daughter is a little higher on my priority list than some U.G.I pictures in a cemetery. I will have them up shortly, so you can tell me what "it" really is/was.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

WHAT IS THIS???

It's a HAND...reaching up.

Ok, I'm outta here!--------------->
edit on 12-1-2012 by alilonthecheekyside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Here is the follow pictures: Pardon my 1 day delay.

Same place I took the original photo (notice the same red truck in the back ground, and a new blue truck)

Half way to the spot where the C.G.I formerly known as "it" was last scene.

here is the grave. notice there is no recent objects (flowers, cigarette butts, etc..)

The second grave (daughter)

Wife (mother)

to the east of the headstone (notice I sat down in the position that previous posters claimed to have seen the C.G.I sitting in)

to the north of the headstone

here is looking back from the headstone to the location I took the original photo.

I never claimed to say as to what "it" is. Here's the pictures, their interesting. Curious as to what it might be. Open to all comments positive/negative. This is the spot for weird/interesting pictures of this nature. Comments???

this is to the east of the grave(s)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Almost forgot, here is the photo of me approaching the spot of the U.G.I.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So a day later, the same truck was still paying respect?

Seems if ONLY you were a foot or two more to the 'left' that darn tree wouldn't have been in the way.
Of all your luck too, huh?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join