Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Weird picture I took at the cemetery. What is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I zoomed in as another member did, still too blurry but has human shape as discussed. (though does remind me of this Halloween bust with a skeleton head and shoulders draped in a cloak).
Possible that what you captured was someone mourning.
a) broad daylight, car going by
b)light hitting the subject in question, solid shape would point to it not a mist or apparition
When you take the "after" pic tomorrow, I guess observe what the human or being was looking at, for added interest, maybe can easier discern that way to what we're seeing....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
why didnt you go to where it was instead of taking the pic from across a fence?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Your image name is gravepic2.Is there a gravepic or gravepic1.St Stanislaus Cemetery in Modesto Ca.Try noon again for lighting.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Your image name is gravepic2.Is there a gravepic or gravepic1.St Stanislaus Cemetery in Modesto Ca.Try noon again for lighting.

gravepic1 and gravepic2 are the same photo (just named it different) It was that cemetery and between 11:00 & Noon. I'll take more pics. at that time today.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
At first I thought it was a child with a hooded coat
kneeling on the ground. After taking a better look
at the face now I'm not so sure. Would be good if
we could get a zoom image on it.

Looks pretty creepy to me.
Like whatever it is...is coming out of the GROUND.
So now that we have indulged our curiosity.
Lets go focus on something more positive.
This feels wrong to me.
Bye and GOD bless you.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I agree , it is very creepy.
Gnome like even.
I also agree with the poster above . This feels wrong, and I would just drop it.
edit on 11-1-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
certainly looks wierd but to me looks like a jacket, hoody or something over a post or bollard or something similar.
you need to get a picture up taken from the same spot where this one was without 'it' there.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Very strange indeed. It looks to me like a young person with a hood
over the head sitting on a slightly raised surface with the knees up to
the chest and the hands over the legs.

Is that a shadow cast by the figure?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
why did you just keep looking at it and walk over to it, odd

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
person in a hoodie (possibly someone disfigured in an accident or burn victim) sitting at the grave of someone they were close too and miss, nothing spectacular. possibly you are reading too much into it.

maybe they were in an accident with the person buried there the other died and they lived but were disfigured or burned. My suggestion would be to go get the name on the tombstone and research the person see what you can dig up.
edit on 1/11/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
fire hydrant with a bag over it. me personally...if i was that curious...i would have gone and taken a much closer look.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by little1
fire hydrant with a bag over it. me personally...if i was that curious...i would have gone and taken a much closer look.

exactly, I find that odder than the image.......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I would say that too, because I have had similar experienced with strange stones "looking at me" when I am touring cemetaries.

But it looks to be one of those where all the stones are flat.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Looks like a Jawa. Did it try to sell you any used droids? Seriously though, traditionally short robed figures have been associated with death and the fey for centuries. In Wester European plauge art you see them as big Death's side kicks. German faerie lore makes them to be a hard working, silent dwarf with an almost monastic society and attitude.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Why are people saying it looks like a person lol, look at the base for startes, unless you think "it" has enormous feet? This looks a lot like a rock or black bag in my opinion, considering its a cemetery is might even be a memorial stone with the flat writiing surface out of view. I can see that the sun also creates the illusion of a crouching figure but if you look closer you can see it in one uniform object.

I would like to see the OP take a new photo of that exact area as I suspect the rock will be their still unless he can move it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Okay, let me be the first to insult the OP.

First off, you mean to tell me that you couldn't make out this 'thing' from that short of distance? What were you?....across town?
Unless you're near-sighted, I find that hard to believe.

Second, the fact that you did NOT take a second picture showing this thing 'gone' suggests to me that you knew what it was the entire time and thought it would make a good thread at ATS.

Last, the whole 'felt it staring at me' and 'it' and 'skeleton face' is way too dramatic. I find those to be leading words hoping to garner 'spooky' replies instead of honest ones.

It is either a person (and you knew it -----who walked away) or it is a typical object [i.e. a covered fire hydrant] that looked odd and you thought you could have some fun with hence why you didn't take a second photo of it!

Sorry OP. I'm not buying what you're selling.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by thepupils

Originally posted by Foxy1
at first you said it looked like they were laying down but in this picture it is crouching? I dont see how you would look at this pic and think laying down at all. What ever it is its a solid figure you can see the light striking its right hand side and possible shadow on its left hand ground.

As I got closer to the cemetery from the park. My first glance I saw something from a distance seemed like something laying down. When I got closer it does look as if "it" is sitting holding it's knees and either looking at me or looking up in the sky as another poster stated. I can see both, but the hood looking back at me is the one that stands out.

Especially from the feeling of "it" watching me when I was taking the picture.

Here you go again

I have to say that when I look at the blow up, it looks to me like a head stone with something on it, a garbage bag or a discarded hoodie.

Could also be a head stone carved to look like the grim reaper. The OP says that he is very familiar with the place, so unless it's brand new, that is probably unlikely.

J

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There's something else in that picture that I found more disturbing than a trash bag.

WHAT IS THIS???

edit on 11-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
Why are people saying it looks like a person lol, look at the base for startes, unless you think "it" has enormous feet? This looks a lot like a rock or black bag in my opinion, considering its a cemetery is might even be a memorial stone with the flat writiing surface out of view. I can see that the sun also creates the illusion of a crouching figure but if you look closer you can see it in one uniform object.

I would like to see the OP take a new photo of that exact area as I suspect the rock will be their still unless he can move it.

People are saying what they're saying because of the leading post.
The OP put the suggestion into the minds of the minion that this was an "It" and....."It was staring at him" and possibly 'walked away'.

It's subliminal suggesting.

The OP said s/he was walking his/her dog which leads ME to believe, this isn't new territory for OP. In fact, OP probably knows this cemetery/park quite well thus: wasn't OP's first rodeo (if ya know what I mean).

I believe the OP knows exactly what this is/was and is having a laugh at other people's gullible expense.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I would say that too, because I have had similar experienced with strange stones "looking at me" when I am touring cemetaries.

But it looks to be one of those where all the stones are flat.

Yes, I noticed the flat stones as well, but if you ever walked through a cemetery, stones and broken monuments end up in places they should not be.
edit on 113131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join