It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird picture I took at the cemetery. What is it?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

reply to post by thepupils

You're both welcome. But no need to thank me.

Anyway, I have really enjoyed reading and participating in this thread. I don't know if I contributed much, but I contributed what little I could.

Again, I think we are looking at a person sitting there.

I don't personally feel comfortable saying it is a ghost because at this point we can't really rule out a living person.

So for what that is worth.

Peace and love to you.

edit on 13-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am.. impressed. To the extent you went.

Why I ask your height.

I was trying to understand the distance covered in the time it was covered. If hoaxing the metadata.. it is elaborate.. the detail. Not saying in any way it is hoax mind you. Just analyzing the metadata.

Watching the video says much... for you. Thank you. Viewing topography doesn't do everything. Video gives better insight of Distance/Time.

So could you at 6'1'' cover the distance +- 50' and align for photo in 8s. Yes, possible.. without running, practicality is left to opinion. So I am stumped.

But you have gone far and beyond necessity by producing video for the purpose of validation.

While I have no clue what you captured an image of, we will all see what we choose to see, or rather what the limited mind allows us to see, imagination pro con thing. I hope in time you discover a TRUTH/REALITY. Good luck.

Must mention the image displays the geo-location and camera angle and direction via the metadata.

edit on 13-1-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Could you please go back one more time? This time though could you please bring your daughter, similarly dressed to the UGI. Oh, and have her kneel in a similar position at the sited location. Then have her walk on cue to a distant point as quickly as possible and time her distance travelled so we can really, really, REALLY see what it might have been.

Just kidding. All the photo image comparison has been great and I believe you. You must be one heck of a guy because you never lost it once in all those flames. Kudos

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov
There's something else in that picture that I found more disturbing than a trash bag.

WHAT IS THIS???

edit on 11-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

It is........insert suspense.....Something lying on the ground

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
[SNIP]

Here is the footage from today. What do you think?

Hello again thepupils,

I think your intent has been genuine and truthful from the very beginning.

I think you went out of your way to try and find out what you saw.

I think your attitude towards the flaming you got was fantastic and an example to follow !

I think that you have shown, without a doubt, that a member can bring inquiries to ATS and that ATS members will stand up to the challenge - without ridicule and with the utmost respect.

I think that this particular thread is a leading example of what ATS is all about. Your story has brought some of the finest posters to the research. Including a staff member respected by many !

I think this is the thread I have enjoyed the most since the new year started. Thank YOU !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My conclusion based on everything you have given us is best described by Gordi The Drummer in this post here.

As that is exactly what I see.

Or...you really did catch something extraordinary...

Thank you once again, thepupils, for trusting ATS enough to bring your story forward.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It does look like a little girl sitting down but it could have been a rock, bush, rubbish bags. Did you notice it before you taken the picture and did you notice it after?

Is it there now?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Excellent work The Pupils, thanks for not making us wait for ever for you to come back like some posters do.
For what its worth, my thoughts on the photo.....
I agree that it most resembles a small child squating/crouching hard to say, but i'm still not entirely happy to eliminate the spirit possibility.
There seems to be a white outine behind the figure, like someone sitting with their back to an upright headstone, which we now know cannot be the case.
To me the figure does not seem to be sitting on the ground. Seems to be raised off the ground a bit. The proportions are all wrong on the body it seems to be all torso and then the lower half is too small.
Also, when I first looked at your picture the impression I got was of someone staring right into the camera. Correct me if i'm wrong but is that the impression you got too?
If thats the case then fair play coz I don't think i'd have had the nerve to so blatantly take someones photo when they were staring right at me

Also why is there such a lack of colour on just that figure....... Oh who knows, but good thread.
May i suggest that you always take the camera with you when walking through the cemetary. You never know!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

[SNIP]

Here is the footage from today. What do you think?

Hello again thepupils,

I think your intent has been genuine and truthful from the very beginning.

I think you went out of your way to try and find out what you saw.

I think your attitude towards the flaming you got was fantastic and an example to follow !

I think that you have shown, without a doubt, that a member can bring inquiries to ATS and that ATS members will stand up to the challenge - without ridicule and with the utmost respect.

I think that this particular thread is a leading example of what ATS is all about. Your story has brought some of the finest posters to the research. Including a staff member respected by many !

I think this is the thread I have enjoyed the most since the new year started. Thank YOU !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My conclusion based on everything you have given us is best described by Gordi The Drummer in this post here.

As that is exactly what I see.

Or...you really did catch something extraordinary...

Thank you once again, thepupils, for trusting ATS enough to bring your story forward.

Thanks

I expected some heat, but like I said "I don't know what it is?" I thought this would be THE place for it.

I have came to these conclusions:

1) The object in picture was "physically" there/present (due to the shadow/lighting)

2) I did 'turn away" (lost sight for a second or two) of the object and that's when I noticed it was gone. (very likely it was a person/kid) but raises more questions as how to "hide" from me when there is no where to run to that quick.

3) If it were/was a person/child who was mourning a past loved one. It was NEVER my intention of taking your picture for any reason (for fun at their expense or for profit in any way) I ONLY took the picture out of being curious as to what the object was. If the person does see this posting or hears about it, I will out of respect for the person/family have this thread's pictures taking down.

4) This is the place to come to find out answers to questions. Thanks for being patient and helping me out
(this was my FIRST thread made by me) I couldn't answer the question "what is that" so I brought it here to see if any fellow members (with more knowledge and experience) with this subject matter. I made the right decision by sharing this with the board, and have no regrets. I got some unnecessary claims against me, but I knew that was gonna happen, and I knew it would all work out in the end. My story was correct, my claims honest, and this post was great, thanks everyone!

5) Deny Ignorance

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I was walking my dog at the park today (which is located directly behind a cemetery) a "Masonic Cemetery" that is.
I looked into the cemetery and noticed something odd. It looked at first like somebody on the ground with it's face to the headstone, I couldn't tell for sure, it got me curious as to what it was. I couldn't tell from where I was (behind the fence that separates the cemetery from the park.)

I reached over the fence as far as I could and with my iPhone took this picture of "it".

""

I got the feeling "it" was looking at me when I took the picture, so I turned around, took a couple steps away from the fence, looked back (aprox.2 seconds) and "it" was gone. The location of the cemetery there is nothing to hide behind even if "it" was a person mourning at a headstone of a loved one, Saw me taking a picture of them, me walking off and in that 2 second period before I turned around, managed to get up and run to "nowhere" to hide. I couldn't figure out where "it" went. I looked at the picture and can't tell if it's got a hood or hair. The face I can't make out but looks creepy (kinda like a skeleton face) not sure what "it" is.

I came here to post my weird picture to see if anyone can help me come to a conclusion on what "it" exactly is. Any comments/contributions to the O.P will greatly be appreciated.

Some people need to CHILL OUT!!!!

The OP does NOT say "ooh look I saw a ghost/apparition/something supernatural!!!"

He clearly states he didn't know what 'it' was, and that he FELT that it was looking at him, and couldn't understand why it disappeared so quickly. And then proceeds to ask for HELP to help him conclude what it was he saw.

Doesn't sound like typical hoaxing text to me, does it to anybody else?????????
Geez.....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
nice one for getting all the other photos & video up.

this definately strange. i dont believe this is anything paranormal, but its certainly weird.
if it is like you said and you only turned away for a few seconds, the amount of open area around where you saw the UGI would make it very hard for something to get out of your view.

being as i cant think of any explanation for it, my conclusion is it was a roaming gibbon paying some respects that ran off when you werent looking

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Very intriguing and captivating post!
Kudos to you for not caving under the
intense scrutiny that I and others witnessed
you being subject to for 8 pages.I, for one never
doubted that you saw "something" The overlay
presented by defcon5 convinced me that this was no hoax.
Being a land surveyor in my early days gave me an acute
perspective of distances and your vid put it over the top.
One thing that puzzles me however is the fact that you stated
that you turned for only 2 seconds to check on you dog and when
you looked back "it" was gone. Your vid indicates various objects
surrounding the point of the sighting and I find it difficult to believe
that anything human or animal could find camouflage in that environment
in such a short time frame. Again, good job

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I wanted to post a reply to this thread to bump it back up to the top. The OP did a fantastic job of taking criticism with a grain of salt, while presenting even more evidence.

I'd like to see some more thoughts on what that figure might be.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
That is a very strange figure. I don't think it's a kid or a person. And the face looks a bit distorted...

I believe you and it doesnt seem to be a hoax.

Whatever "it" is...it gives me the creeps!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

It is still creepy everytime I look at it. I wish I knew exactly what it is.
Thanks for the interest/support in solving this!

I was trolled pretty hard, and everyone that investigated my pics/story
Thanks! If it wasn't for them, this would of turned into "this thread was great, until the troll
Took over."
Now I'm actually glad I got it from him.
1. I got my pics/story investigated. 1pt.
2. I got further support for being honest & staying cool while I was bombarded with false accusations, and insults.
3. I don't think this thread would of lasted as long and kept people interested if the trolling never happened. Drama makes a good read. Proof & Further investigation just helps the thread more.

Still would like to know what it is?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hiya,
Still interested in this thread myself.
Did you ever ask that Caretaker who's always there if anyonelse has seen 'it'?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daydoesez

Hiya,
Still interested in this thread myself.
Did you ever ask that Caretaker who's always there if anyonelse has seen 'it'?

No. I haven't been back since I took the video footage.

I didn't know people were still interested. When I took the footage there happened to be a man ln the same spot at the park where I took the photos. I showed him the picture & he said something was there. Was actually curious when he saw me with my phone lurking in the cemetery. He was at the park with his kids playing and was looking over the fence at the same spot. So it really is a common area, not me being some weirdo graveyard papparazzi. You think I should still ask groundsman about the pic?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

You think I should still ask groundsman about the pic?

Awesome picture! I love pics and videos that aren't obvious. Makes them creepy. If you are in the area again sometime you should stop in and ask him. Looks like a kid to me though!

Nice pic! Thanks for sharing

edit on 29-1-2012 by NovusLuna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Yeah, Do it.
If you know him a little bit and you don't think he'd just look at you as if your a loon.... where's the harm?

I am still curious about your photo though.
Am going to Highgate Cemetry ( famous one in London) in a couple of weeks, and after reading this thread, will make sure i've got a camera!
Thanks for the reply

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

if you are speaking of the black object sitting there, it can be anything, person, spirit, rock, trick of light, etc. It honestly looks like a person to me, and the person could have moved after you took the picture.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo

There is nowhere to run to hide in 2 sec.
That's the reason I went back 2 (more pics. & video) to emphasis
That aspect alone. That's the strange part. Person fine, how did they just pull a "ninja vanish (poof smoke cloud) gone? Watch the video again & see what I'm talking about. After reviewing the video I'm interested in your theory as to where the "person" disappeared to?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join