Weird picture I took at the cemetery. What is it?

page: 10
15
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Im fairly shocked at your rudeness. Not believing someone is one thing...
This is the whole thing really isnt it. Everyone wants a conspiracy, but everyone wants to debunk it.
Just wish some folks would be a little more reserved about this than outright calling of the name liar.

Im waiting for more pics, no idea what to think but its kept me occupied on here for the past day so thanks for that OP






posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Im fairly shocked at your rudeness. Not believing someone is one thing...
This is the whole thing really isnt it. Everyone wants a conspiracy, but everyone wants to debunk it.
Just wish some folks would be a little more reserved about this than outright calling of the name liar.

Im waiting for more pics, no idea what to think but its kept me occupied on here for the past day so thanks for that OP




You're right!!!
I do want to apologize to everyone for my outburst. It wasn't fair and I got too caught up with this all. That said, I still don't necessarily believe the OP but I want to say I'm sorry for calling him an out and out liar. That truly was out of character for me and very rude. I'm sorry OP.

I still think the OP knows what he saw and saw an opportunity to taunt us and play with our imagination.
Good luck and again, sorry OP



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
reply to post by defcon5
 


"Everyone made a special look at it image so I made one too. But understand my image isn't meant to prove or disprove anything."

My question to the OP

How tall are you?


I am 6ft 1inch. I was holding the iPhone out in front of me with my arms fully extended in front of me (over the fence, between park/cemetery.)



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Im fairly shocked at your rudeness. Not believing someone is one thing...
This is the whole thing really isnt it. Everyone wants a conspiracy, but everyone wants to debunk it.
Just wish some folks would be a little more reserved about this than outright calling of the name liar.

Im waiting for more pics, no idea what to think but its kept me occupied on here for the past day so thanks for that OP




You're right!!!
I do want to apologize to everyone for my outburst. It wasn't fair and I got too caught up with this all. That said, I still don't necessarily believe the OP but I want to say I'm sorry for calling him an out and out liar. That truly was out of character for me and very rude. I'm sorry OP.

I still think the OP knows what he saw and saw an opportunity to taunt us and play with our imagination.
Good luck and again, sorry OP


Thank You!
We all have bad days, were only human! (that's coming from a bipolar man, trust me I know)

It takes a man to admit when he is wrong, & I respect that.


We all can disagree with it or not, that's fine. I will get 'video' footage later today (at your request) to see if that will be of any further assistants for us to come to a final conclusion. Thanks to everyone who helped with the layering analysis. Video will be up later, (might need assistants on getting it up, but that won't be a problem on here

I'll get the video, and we will go from there!



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


I'm glad to see you come around from your emotional rant but the main point that you were arguing was just simply not correct. If you do a side by side of the two picks it is very clear that the area that the unknown object is in the first picture is still visible in the second pic. They were not taken from the exact spot, true, but if the second pic was taken so as to obscure the spot where the object was the two large trees would be much, much closer together. This is not the case.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That's it, I'm done with this AOL browser. Double post.
edit on 1/13/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
One thing I can't stand is a liar. Next thing I can't stand is someone not owning up to it once s/he's caught.

You OP.....are a full fledged liar.

So, the next day, a LEAF is still in the same place too? Notice where I put the red circle. Not to mention the dandelions that never changed too!

You think we're morons? Don't answer that because obviously you do.

Mod, please send this to [hoax] and ban the OP.


Geesh. Someone needs a huggy here. Or a lobotomy. A friend sent me this thread to (I think) make me feel better about the trolls that piss me off in the Metaphysics forum. I have to admit that I'd have been a lot less tolerant of such foolishness if I were the OP. I'll never understand the arrogance of some people, or why they honestly believe that anyone has any interest in their childish denunciations. I wish that every computer was equipped with a webcam that displayed a short clip of the poster as they were posting their replies within each post. There'd be less goonery online if that was the case.

As far as the thingy in the photo, even though the little whateveritis seems hopelessly devoid of necessary details, the fact that it is so obviously inconsistent with everything around it, as well as the fact that something of that sort (upright and in the way of mowers) would constitute a clear violation of the design of the grounds itself, does support the claim that it was not something that would normally be allowed to be where it was when the OP took the photograph.

The object is definitely "there", as the sunlight glare and appropriate dimension shadow indicate, so the idea that it's a ghost is not supported. Ghosts are not material, and that immediate area doesn't provide the sort of loose material required for a spectral manifestation based on object(s) manipulation. So, this is a true anomaly regardless of whether it is paranormal or not.

Posting an anomalous photo on a web forum isn't the same as posting a ghost video on YouTube. On YouTube, people are trying to attract subscribers to their channels. That can (potentially) be leveraged into any one of several career advantages if properly worked. The impetus is clear when posting video clips. This photo isn't going to make anyone rich, launch anyone's career, or get anyone laid, so the cries of "liar!" would have to be based on a motivation that simply doesn't exist.

Lot's of delicately, precariously balanced personalities seem to be drawn to this board.
edit on 1/13/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You know its a shame that some people are so scared at being made to look foolish, that they are in danger of actually missing out on something paranormal..... we don't know that for sure yet obviously.
I have participated in a few threads now which have turned out to be a hoax, my input is to ask as many questions as possible - give em enough rope and they will usually hang themselves.
That has not been the case here so far so will keep a keen eye on developments.
So what if you are duped, that does'nt make you foolish, just means you hold a willing suspension of disbelief until it becomes blatantly true/false, depending on the OPs evidence.

To OP - I have a question. Was your dog able to see what you were looking at when you took the original photo? Just thinking if it was paranormal, an animal would likely sense that even before you did.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by daydoesez
You know its a shame that some people are so scared at being made to look foolish, that they are in danger of actually missing out on something paranormal..... we don't know that for sure yet obviously.
I have participated in a few threads now which have turned out to be a hoax, my input is to ask as many questions as possible - give em enough rope and they will usually hang themselves.
That has not been the case here so far so will keep a keen eye on developments.
So what if you are duped, that does'nt make you foolish, just means you hold a willing suspension of disbelief until it becomes blatantly true/false, depending on the OPs evidence.

To OP - I have a question. Was your dog able to see what you were looking at when you took the original photo? Just thinking if it was paranormal, an animal would likely sense that even before you did.


Great question. No my dog was behind me running around the park. I usually walk around the fence area cause she likes to smell and walk through the bushes along the fence and handle her business. When I was walking along there is a break in the bush's next to the tree (where I took the o.g photo) so there is nothing but chainlink.
Thats when I saw something which looked strange. I couldn't tell what it was, so I snapped a photo. When I snapped the photo my dog was behind me and not any where near me, or the fence. That was my main concern/reason for turning around to check on her, I turned around took a look (she was about half way in the field behind me at the park, running full speed) no one else was there at the park, so I wasn't concerned and turned back around. (Hence the whole time I turned around to check on her, I stayed at the fence and only turned
around 180 degrees) When I turned back around (which was 2 seconds at the most) I immediately turned to the object of interest only to find whatever it was, not there.

If she was in the cemetery running around (which I wouldn't let her) just because I don't want my dog defecating on a persons resting spot. Call me old fashioned but I would think that is irresponsible & disrespectful to the person/family. It would be another story if she was able to run over there if she saw/sensed something. (She's a 2 yr. old Chihuahua) She is very alert and keen of her surroundings. (most chi's are) I would have noticed if she ran to the "object" or was frightened by it. Dogs are very keen to stuff of that nature.

I'm leaving right now to take a short video clip of the cemetery and location of the "U.G.I"

I especially want to give a thanks to the people who stood by me and my evidence, asked questions, and stepped in when the discussion turned into "emotional spewage onto keyboard" for the whole site to witness.

He regrets it (at least in public) and it's a dead issue between the member and I. I am a patient person (online anyways) I would have handled this in an entirely different manner if this had occurred in person. That being said
I got some more footage to take. Be back in a few!!!

Stay Posted for video footage






posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


OP did not offer the address. The only thing in reference to where this cemetery was located was posted by emberscott, and that only included the name of the cemetery as St Stanislaus in Modesto, which I assume was gleaned from the original photo information.
Anyway, as others have already noted, there is a park adjacent to the grounds. You're out of luck with that accusation.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow
I am VERY impressed with the research that has been provided from various posters on the last couple pages. It's productive contributions from members like you that make this site better than any other conspiracy site out there.

GREAT work everyone!



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera

OP did not offer the address.


It was offered along with the phone number of an apparent care taker, but it was removed by the mods, I assume because it gave out some one elses personal info.

Anyway, still looking forward to this video. As I said last night, I am reserving my judgement and refraining from going into too much detail regarding my thoughts, until then.

Peace and love



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   


Here is the footage from today. What do you think?



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils
 


Awesome. Thank you for uploading this. This video shows that there is no object there now.

Ladies and gentleman, I wish to state that I truly see no attempt here to pull one over on anyone or to hoax others. It has been shown by defcon ( A member and mod I have great respect for) that there is no sign of trying to hide the object behind the tree, as was implied.

It has been shown that the two sets of pictures were in fact taken on different days, unlike was implied by other members.

I think what we have here is another member, just as curious as anyone else to figure out what is in these pictures.

That said, I think that the explanation of a person sitting in the grass, perhaps visiting a grave, is the most likely. But that is just my opinion.

I do not think we have a ghost here, since in my opinion it could be explained away as a person. So I agree with you, when you said that you think a person is the most likely explanation.

Thank you OP for putting up with this process of trying to figure things out. Like I said, it is not always a pretty process and sometimes people do get a bit aggressive, especially if they smell a rat.

In this case, I think that there is no rat though. Just a guy as curious about the photo as we are.

As a veteran member, I wish to say, you're alright in my book


I am curious to hear everyone elses thoughts, in light of this new video.

edit on 13-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by csuldm
Wow
I am VERY impressed with the research that has been provided from various posters on the last couple pages. It's productive contributions from members like you that make this site better than any other conspiracy site out there.

GREAT work everyone!


Exactly. It is posts like that which makes ATS the best of the best. It is posts like that which always helps us to get to the bottom of things.

So a major pat on the back to those members, for doing things with pictures that I only wish I knew how to do.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by QueSeraSera

OP did not offer the address.


It was offered along with the phone number of an apparent care taker, but it was removed by the mods, I assume because it gave out some one elses personal info.

Anyway, still looking forward to this video. As I said last night, I am reserving my judgement and refraining from going into too much detail regarding my thoughts, until then.

Peace and love


Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I missed the removal of that information.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils
 


Well, there certainly doesn't seem to be anything nearby that anyone could have run to in only two seconds. It's a pretty open area around those particular graves. Puzzling, to be sure. Thank you for all your efforts.

That said, I guess it must have been a mourner, but its stunted, peak-hooded appearance and the lack of definition of its extremeties made it look pretty creepy. I think it would have piqued my own curiosity as well if I'd noticed it on a walk. It just doesn't seem to "fit" somehow.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by thepupils
 


Awesome. Thank you for uploading this. This video shows that there is no object there now.

Ladies and gentleman, I wish to state that I truly see no attempt here to pull one over on anyone or to hoax others. It has been shown by defcon ( A member and mod I have great respect for) that there is no sign of trying to hide the object behind the tree, as was implied.

It has been shown that the two sets of pictures were in fact taken on different days, unlike was implied by other members.

I think what we have here is another member, just as curious as anyone else to figure out what is in these pictures.

That said, I think that the explanation of a person sitting in the grass, perhaps visiting a grave, is the most likely. But that is just my opinion.

I do not think we have a ghost here, since in my opinion it could be explained away as a person. So I agree with you, when you said that you think a person is the most likely explanation.

Thank you OP for putting up with this process of trying to figure things out. Like I said, it is not always a pretty process and sometimes people do get a bit aggressive, especially if they smell a rat.

In this case, I think that there is no rat though. Just a guy as curious about the photo as we are.

As a veteran member, I wish to say, you're alright in my book


I am curious to hear everyone elses thoughts, in light of this new video.

edit on 13-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)


Thanks


This has been a great thread the past couple days, and a big shout out to ALL the members who have contributed.


It went from a picture, to pictures, & finally (by demand by a "member") video footage. Oh, yeah & ariel photo's of the spot.

I'm just as curious as to what it was. If you look in the footage all around the graves it is all open space, to get up and run to a complete hidden spot out of view. That's the weird part. Then again me taking pictures in a cemetery is up there in weirdness too.


Let's go back to some other details, such as the face. Is there any way to enhance the image to make out the actual face (if it is looking back at the camera?)



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
great job with the video/...if you dont own one your in big trouble..trust me i know..
Now this to me looks like a man when i put it on my pics and zoomed the pic ...but he sits like a child....so i really cant tell child or man...either way i think that you just might have a spirit...in your pic.....just letting you know





new topics
top topics
 
15
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

log in

join