It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons - Ancient/Secret Knowledge?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
LOL, "self-confessed plagiarist."

Even if he did plagiarize, why the hell would Pike confess to it??

Another "swing 'n a miss", huh, Gadfly /

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ah I knew that Gad-Fly was going to use the "M" word eventually = "Morality"!

Let me guess - The "Righteous" are only those who worship the
"God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob". There is no such thing as a
"Moral Pagan"! Everyone else in the World that doesn't Think, Believe & Worship in the SAME EXACT WAY as I (Gad-Fly) do must be a "Satanist" & is going to Hell!

Masons must be in League with these Badies huh?!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ah, you just have to love the "christians" who profess with their mouths be deny with their actions... come judgment day, I think there are going to be many many confused and disappointed "christians"...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by esther

Forgive me for what may seem like a dumb question, but the way you use "profane", do you mean something similar to "common" or "uninitiated"? Like "sacred" vs. "profane" in religious texts?

Yes, it is from the Latin profanum, meaning "before the temple", i.e., the uninitiated. According to Mackey the Eleusinian Mysteries of Ancient Greece opened with the Kerux giving the proclamation "Depart hence, ye Profane", which signified that only the initiated could remain present.

This is somewhat different than the vulgar use of the word, which is now common, but which also probably originated with the ancient Greeks, i.e., the philosophers. Plato considered the "profane" to consist not only of the uninitiated, but all non-philosophers, and both he and Aristotle often referred to the difference between a priori knowledge and "profane" knowledge; for example, the philosophers considered the existence of divine unity in nature to be a priori knowledge, while the belief that rivers were ruled by nymphs, and the seas ruled by a deity named Poseidon was profane knowledge. Eventually, the word "profane" came to signify anything common place, and is now antiquated in its original meaning, used today in its original sense mostly by Masonic writers and philosophers who call "common sense" by its technical philosophical terms, "naive realism" or "profane realism".

Probably more than you wanted to know.

Fiat Lvx.

I was watching something on TV the other night and it was talking about how in using profane language and what-not and if it was a sin or not and it mentioned that the word Profane referred to anything outside the temple or not being religious so the common usage made it so that something profane wasnt good, or at least thats how it was translated.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamuhn

take alook at this: ufothetruthisoutthere.blogspot.pt... -watch-human-animal-hybrids-exist.html

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
8-year-old necrothread.

Go figure

Fitz

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yes, I think that all the knowledge is ancient.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The secret you seek is not ancient nor hidden. It is is just long held and denied.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join