It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't get it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It's more people of the world than government workers of the world. We could form one diverse nation with the entire globe. Boarders would be no more. Money and language would be diverse. And so what? Governments across the planet can't stop the people of the world from uprising to form one diverse nation. But what do you think?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

A One World Nation? Isn't that Conspiracy Theorists worst nightmare?

Also, I am a government worker, and also a people.

And, in this one world nation without borders or leaders, who gets to make decisions? Have you ever seen an entity succeed without a strong and capable leader? Even a single family can fall apart without some type of rules and leadership. Many small business partnerships fail, because 2 people can't agree on a uniform direction to go. How do you suppose a one world nation would conduct itself?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
It's more people of the world than government workers of the world. We could form one diverse nation with the entire globe. Boarders would be no more. Money and language would be diverse. And so what? Governments across the planet can't stop the people of the world from uprising to form one diverse nation. But what do you think?

It's not about what's better for the world and the people living on it to them, it's about what lines there pockets with gold. Division amongst people and land puts us against each other, while we fight they just collect money. Putting us all together as one and them (TPTB) would only make the slavery mask come off and the chains go on. They live, die and kill for their control.
edit on 10-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

One World Nation?

OMG that would be terrible... one despot to rule us all!?

edit on 10/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: fix

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ever seen a picture of the Earth taken from a satellite? It's a beautiful thing. And in stark contrast to the bitter politics that embroil the world, one thing becomes evident at the sight of our magnificent planet: There are no borders that divide continents to countries, or countries to states, regions, then to cities.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not talking about the establishment of a political world order. Such a thing could, and probably would, be dangerous. But when you begin to think of the world as without these political borders, you're one step closer to realizing the one unchanging truth about human beings. Despite our differences, religious, national, philosophical, or even skin color, we're no different from one another.
edit on 10-1-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

People can make decisions.

And sure there can be a leader.

Just wouldn't be one that works for the government.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Once he becomes a leader, then he/she becomes the government don't they?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

I think it was Buzz Aldrin who said something similar about what he felt when looking back at Earth from the Moon. How there were no borders just an impossibly beautiful blue planet he realised we are all one:

The soul aches for love beauty and truth - The world is one really - yet we have built an artificial matrix type prison for ourselves.

I dont believe in world government - I believe in each individual governing them selves without encroaching upon anothers liberty by applying tollerance and real caring for what we each are in reality . Imagine that each using thier higher Intelligence Inspiration and Creativity - Individally we each hold a piece of the whole picture.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

If you are on about people policing themselves then i am totally with you. We do not need to be policed for we are human beings. Why do we need to be policed, do you need to be policed?

Community Elders should offer advice, we have no real need for any government period. Only when we realize that will we be totally free as a species.

We can police ourselves easily.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

If you are on about people policing themselves then i am totally with you. We do not need to be policed for we are human beings. Why do we need to be policed, do you need to be policed?

Community Elders should offer advice, we have no real need for any government period. Only when we realize that will we be totally free as a species.

We can police ourselves easily.

On a personal level, I agree with you whole-heartedly. On a macro level, I know you are wrong.

Will you feel the same way when a horde of criminals, with a strong leader and a penchant for evil show up, take your women and supplies, and then move on? Will you be able to defend yourself against 1 intruder? 2? 6? 25? Even with the help of your friends and neighbors, what if a neighboring community runs low on freshwater, and they just decide to massacre you folks and take yours?

The one world community sounds great, and it works for bees, and ants, but not humans. Actually, even bees and ants war with neighboring colonies. It just won't work, because we have limited resources on the earth. Limited space, water, food, and breeding stock. Natural Selection comes into play and the strongest, or most devious end up controlling the resources.

It is what it is. We are imperfect beings.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We cannot police ourselves, this has been proven.

Quick question for you. All the people in the world that rape, murder, steal, etc, do they do it BECAUSE there is a government or police force in place? If the answer is "no", then they will continue to do it WITHOUT a government or police force. Who will protect you then? If you protect yourself, wont others feel you are encroaching on someone eles right by defending yourself?

What of the family of the criminal you shoot to protect your self and family? Who is now going to protect you and your family from an outraged family coming for "lawless" vengence?

Who is going to stop the area thug from just taking your food stuffs because he doesnt want to work as hard for them as you did?

The list could go on and on.

I agree, we need to have a MUCH better government/police force/military blueprint, but no governence and relying on people to be "good, kind and fair" on their own will NOT lead to a harmonic balance of the planet. It will lead to violence, bloodshed and warlord-ism WITHOUT any entity to protect the good,kind and loving people of this planet.

Dorian Soran

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Gov't or not, we are a species that specializes in tribal warfare. We'd still split into groups and look to get over on one another. As a person, we'd prolly all help out, but as people it would happen as sure as water is wet or the Sun rising in the East.

Derek

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

Yep. Look at any group.

Masons, have a wonderfully harmonic agenda and relationships, but disagreements in Lodges spawn spin-off Lodges rather regularly..

Religions, the pinnacle of openness and understanding and pious living, and yet they continually fracture and fracture and create spinoff's and competing religions, and not only are they competing, they are often aggressive and hateful toward one another even though a few generations earlier they were one and the same?

It goes for small businesses, large businesses, co-ops, communities, even families! There will never be peace among humanity.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Personally, I believe that what makes us "superior" to other species is also what keeps us from peaceful cohabitation. Our intelligence is also our downfall in many ways. Animals know little but survival.
Together they search for food, shelter, and procreate.
Human beings have wants, not just needs. We WANT electricity, we WANT internet, we WANT a phone with the capacity of a TV and internet combined.
When wants blend with needs, such as food, water, shelter and copulation, and is combined with a superior intelligence, especially in regards to weaponry, and combat, it can be a deadly mix.
And as such, if we were left lawless without any objective or semi-objective force to be the enforcer, judge, jury and/or executioner as needed, we would suddenly be where the animals are, but with a drive for bigger and better, and would therefore be in a land of murder, rape, looting and more.
So I believe that we need police force, we need judges, juries, lawyers. Do I think that any of the above is perfect? No.
There is corruption in every aspect of this world, but that is not all inclusive. Not every judge is corrupt nor is every law enforcement officer, government worker, lawyer, doctor, ect.
I believe that having a 'One World Government" may sound nice in theory, however, in regards to the imperfections in human nature, and the likelihood that we could recieve a tyrannical leader as a result - because there will be a leader, no matter if the majority wishes for it or not, is not something that I believe would be worth the risk.
I believe that the world as a whole has taken a step forward in the last 50 years, but it does still need improvement. If we stop needing improvement, and lose anything to strive to conquer, we will become stagnant and eventually die off.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It truly is a dilemma - a real mess we have gotten ourselves into - A better world requires better people yet we are those self same people we need - potentially - I believe it is within us and starts with each of us individually.
I dont believe in government but it is so - We need honourable leaders to step up to the plate.
Obama fooled the masses and broke so many promises, hearts and lifes. We need to wise up. I need to wise up.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There will be always leaders - and followers. This is how humans are.

Even primitive tribes etc. have a "leader"...families can have a leader....put 10 people in a room who make a plan, some of them will be the leaders and the rest be followers.

And since there will always be leaders - there will also ALWAYS be rules and laws....and some who don't agree with the leaders and rules.

top topics

join