It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and the Singular Conscious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There have been claims of the Christian Messiah, Christ Jesus of Nazareth, having gone to the East and studied under wise gurus during his "unwritten years" where there is no viable account of what happened then. This might be true, but I doubt it. What would even bring Jesus to go that far, to learn philosophies barely spoken of at that time and place of his life?

Firstly, there is no physical evidence that Jesus existed (although I don't doubt he existed), much less that he made a long journey to the East and then returned.

So, assuming he did exist, and didn't obtain his teachings from the East, how do they then show themselves to be so congruent that it would no doubt seem otherwise?

Most who have even just dabbled in Eastern thought systems and religions understand what the universal conscious is, or a singular conscious. I've heard it likened to islands, tipped above the water, giving the illusion of independent existence while being in the Buddhist concept of Pratityasamutpada, or dependent arising.

In this way, it wouldn't be such a stretch to infer that the teachings of the Buddha are not alone or unique, but that this has been floating around for an unimaginably long time. Innumerable eons even.

Therefore, concluding that Jesus had this knowledge simply by becoming enlightened through some means, which may or may not somehow have been brought on by Eastern philosophy, the we must draw the theory that Jesus did not teach others that he himself was the son of God, but a son of God, or God. This means we are all God, and thus Jesus was teaching how others may realize their own true underlying nature, one that is pure and has virtuous merit.

This has radical implications regarding the Christian church. If Jesus taught this as such, the church have been involved in basically taking a wise teacher and philosophy and deifying him, putting him upon a pedestal and implying that no other man may ever claim Godhood. Jesus never set out to create a religion in his name, and never explicitly said so. If he did, what would that say about the man himself?

This also says something far more powerful about Jesus: He didn't just die for us. Far from it. He reached such an enlightenment, that he set out to expose the hypocrites of his time, and for what he believed in, he was murdered.

The issue with this post will ultimately be Christians attempting to explain to me how Jesus was really what they claim him to be, or even possibly attacking me. I've been down this road before. But know that I'm not attacking your religion. I'm simply asking questions to doubts that arise in me. So please be civil.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
There have been claims of the Christian Messiah, Christ Jesus of Nazareth, having gone to the East and studied under wise gurus during his "unwritten years" where there is no viable account of what happened then. This might be true, but I doubt it. What would even bring Jesus to go that far, to learn philosophies barely spoken of at that time and place of his life?

Firstly, there is no physical evidence that Jesus existed (although I don't doubt he existed), much less that he made a long journey to the East and then returned.

So, assuming he did exist, and didn't obtain his teachings from the East, how do they then show themselves to be so congruent that it would no doubt seem otherwise?

Most who have even just dabbled in Eastern thought systems and religions understand what the universal conscious is, or a singular conscious. I've heard it likened to islands, tipped above the water, giving the illusion of independent existence while being in the Buddhist concept of Pratityasamutpada, or dependent arising.

In this way, it wouldn't be such a stretch to infer that the teachings of the Buddha are not alone or unique, but that this has been floating around for an unimaginably long time. Innumerable eons even.

Therefore, concluding that Jesus had this knowledge simply by becoming enlightened through some means, which may or may not somehow have been brought on by Eastern philosophy, the we must draw the theory that Jesus did not teach others that he himself was the son of God, but a son of God, or God. This means we are all God, and thus Jesus was teaching how others may realize their own true underlying nature, one that is pure and has virtuous merit.

This has radical implications regarding the Christian church. If Jesus taught this as such, the church have been involved in basically taking a wise teacher and philosophy and deifying him, putting him upon a pedestal and implying that no other man may ever claim Godhood. Jesus never set out to create a religion in his name, and never explicitly said so. If he did, what would that say about the man himself?

This also says something far more powerful about Jesus: He didn't just die for us. Far from it. He reached such an enlightenment, that he set out to expose the hypocrites of his time, and for what he believed in, he was murdered.

The issue with this post will ultimately be Christians attempting to explain to me how Jesus was really what they claim him to be, or even possibly attacking me. I've been down this road before. But know that I'm not attacking your religion. I'm simply asking questions to doubts that arise in me. So please be civil.

Despite this, Christianity is truly a moral compass, and if it was considered a truth, I would take it metaphorically, not literally. Perhaps it was skewed to place fear in those for a basis on control. What makes god look ungodly is his intolerance to morality, like a godlike being has any quarrels with human constructs like good and evil ( LOL ). I truly believe that this singular consciousness is truth, because those that grasp it, innately are drawn to its enlightened nature, and its invariable mark on your psyche. Those that follow this nature, are conceptually more intelligent and eloquently are able to articulate these concepts on a broad platform to which anybody can relate to.

The truth is, singular consciousness is logical. Logical because actions reflect other actions in a cascading effect, rendering this a rational belief that anybody can understand. Once understood, it's a brief moment of enlightenment that truly embraces unconditional love. It's something that emboldens oneness and empowers all people, with tolerance and patience, and an altruistic nature. I look at everyone like my brother, or my sister, or myself, and consider them that because of empathy, and these concepts which truly liberate your mind from division.

I personally believe that once a Christian sees something like this, they proclaim it as "being touched by god," or "seeing the light." We all have our own aphorisms to this idea, but regardless of it, it is spiritual by nature, and it is enlightening and knowledge driven. Education eventually leads you to this path, and it's not religious... it's more of a systemic undermining of indoctrination that promotes division and seeing differences, rather than similarities.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

how jesus died ? you are claiming that he died bc he revealed hypocrits, but then if hypocrits are revealed how he dies, isnt truth superiority the reason setting end to what is objectively existing on a ground?
it says, conscious and knowledge is power, how then liars revealed knowing nothing proving having absolute power upon conscious that know

the problem is double, on one side u cant but mean one value, how if u r not christian worshipping jesus as god then u must b what preach that anyone can b god, it is always in ur mind for one superiority and moral value

on the other side, truth which is objective freedom so looking as all from one, is never recognized existing as if what cant b individually objective to another individual free sense should never b mentionned since he wont ever stop to claim his rights

why dont u respect but who yell and has powers that scares u or impress u or inspire u to wish having?

i dont get that point, if one must prove himself existence constantly in confronting others and win then how true existence will ever b dealt with? merde, true existence is never about anyone it is the objective u see as all there

o yea again it is god existence, yea sure the one bored and u please him in pretending being his life by abusing true rights for ur common joys in being stupid inferiors ones, the point there is not u but the bodies and the floor that u dare to step upon, true superiority that is forced to the exclusive right while being thrown at dirt

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

one object is impossible to b since one by definition is absolute fact so cant b real but also one in concept is impossible, the concept is to exclusive fact, while one is only in reference to none or zero, then it cant b a concept fact

that is how in truth there is no one ever, no god, there is freedom yes that could b powerful but it doesnt make it valuable so never superior from powers, if it is eldest freedom normal from constancy it would get some powers on nothing, powers on nothing mean negative force, when nothing is exclusively realized by truth through absolute fact terms so totally deformed bc of some free powers existence

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

You are Absolutely correct. One of the largest and most significant conspiracies. Rulers use the pure and sovereign teachings of jesus( a human who explored and came to know the infinite capacity and potential of human mind) to control people. To make everyone feel disconnected from God, jesus was the only son of god, so you must vicariously know god through his mind, instead of becoming enlightened yourself and knowing god yourself. It is also because of you, all average citizens of the globe that this flesh of god was killed, because of your sins, feel guilty, and solemn, and repent, but god forbid you understand the philosophical school you claim to belong to and actually put his very pertinent ideals into action. God for bid you christians DWJD.

I believe this to be the truth of the matter, by having Christians wait around for a saviour to fall from the sky, the world may burn to the ground and no one do or say a thing, they would probably assume they were not worthy enough to be saved. Demand the kingdom of heaven to be established on earth! Save ourselves!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Jesus said in Matthew, "if thy eye be single thy whole body will be full of light." I think this is metaphorically describing buddhist meditation. It makes more sense if you replace eye with mind, as the mind is the souls eye, so maybe it was a translation error, but anyways with mind singular, thy whole body will be full of light, this is an actual state of meditation., combine this with reports of yhe unwritten years it is entirely possible Jesus studied Eastern philosophy.

new topics

top topics

join