It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish prosecutor Mikolaj Przybyl says he shot himself at press conference to expose government corr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Polish prosecutor Mikolaj Przybyl says he shot himself at press conference to expose government corruption

news.nationalpost.com

Colonel Mikolaj Przybyl shot himself on Monday during a break in a press conference in Poznan, western Poland, at which he had spoken about issues his office was probing, notably claims of high-level corruption in the Polish military.

“My act was influenced by the cases I am investigating: one of them is the most serious involving financial issues in the Polish military,” Col. Przybyl told Poland’s PAP news agency Tuesday as he recovered from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his cheek.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Polish prosecutor 'shoots self after news conference'

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Originally posted on ATS here: www.abovetopsecret.com... we are now finding how his reasonings for shooting himself.

This man was sending a powerful message to the people of Poland. As so, it quickly created a dispute between certain military head-figures of Poland.

Personally, I think this was staged. Even if he shot himself, he knew where to shoot to not kill himself but still make it seem real enough. The Colonel would have been useless if he were to give up his life so simply like that. Also, it is claimed that he had several attempts of murder on him and perhaps he was trying to stop that. He claims in an interview that “I know there was a million zloty (US$782,000) price on my head" and that he had several break-ins to his home.

Colonel Mikolaj Przybyl, as well as most of Poland, is probably extremely upset with the leaked footage they found suggesting that Russians from Moscow are to blame for the plane crash that killed Poland's president two years ago.

I wonder what this is going to trigger for Poland and Russia?

news.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-1-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Really interesting, my wife just translated what was on the TV here to me. Hard to believe. What corruption exactly was he trying to expose though?

Also, a million PLN is more like US 340,000
edit on 10-1-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Really interesting, my wife just translated what was on the TV here to me. Hard to believe. What corruption exactly was he trying to expose though?

Also, a million PLN is more like US 340,000
edit on 10-1-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

Ah, thanks for the clarification on the money. I was just going by the article.

As for the corruption, it has been claimed be the two-year-ago-killed Polish president's twin brother Jaroslaw Kaczynski that Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk (who was responsible for improving relations between Moscow and Poland) of working with the Russians to help them cause the plane crash and death of the president. Polish government is denying this, however.

As for more corruption, I'm not sure what else is going on in Poland. Although, I did hear a conspiracy once, back around the time of the plane crash, that it was actually the former president's brother that was killed in place of him. It's very tricky with twins, you know. That is a rather absurd conspiracy though.
edit on 10-1-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
just in case anyone hasn't seen it...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

There was some very serious stuff between Poland and Russia going back years, and mistrust seems like a weak word to describe the rapport between the two countries. I hope his act, as dramatic as it was, has raised some serious questions and caused some probing debate.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
"self inflicted" huh?

since when does someone shoot THEMSELVES in the mouth?...in order to punish themselves?

this happened JUST after he talked to the press about "corrosive" financial issues in the military?

sounds like he was punished for talking alright...but by someone else...

IMO: it's easy to imagine someone pointing a gun at your mouth and telling you to "shut the f up about that corruption bulljive!!"....and then pull the trigger (depending on careful circumstances)

it's a warning. an example for others to heed.

(from the corrupt): "don't go talking about our private interests like that or else you're going to get a bullet through the mouth!"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114
just in case anyone hasn't seen it...

WOW.

that's nuckin' futs.

how can so many people in the world be so blind of all the information available to them?

..."if you're not outraged about something, you're not paying enough attention."

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Very interesting.

Not to be redundant from another thread, but:

Not being a facial ballistics expert, is it not almost miraculous that someone who has suffered a gun shot to the cheek can be speaking just two days later?

Anyhow, there still is a suspicious aspect to all of this, in my humble opinion, especially considering his work on the infamous Smolensk plane crash case.

Thanks for posting.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anybody feel like pointing out what was actually leaked/under investigation?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
"self inflicted" huh?

since when does someone shoot THEMSELVES in the mouth?...in order to punish themselves?

this happened JUST after he talked to the press about "corrosive" financial issues in the military?

sounds like he was punished for talking alright...but by someone else...

IMO: it's easy to imagine someone pointing a gun at your mouth and telling you to "shut the f up about that corruption bulljive!!"....and then pull the trigger (depending on careful circumstances)

it's a warning. an example for others to heed.

(from the corrupt): "don't go talking about our private interests like that or else you're going to get a bullet through the mouth!"

I'm more inclined to believe it was staged rather than being an assault. The room in which the press release was being conducted is also the same room that he shot himself in (e.i his office). Everybody was in that room and then everyone left, except for the Colonel. I'm not really sure where somebody could have hid themselves.

A lot of people mention the the window being open as well. "Why would a window be open during the winter?" they ask. "Perhaps, a gun man shot him and escaped through the window." I hardly believe this to be the case.

If you watch the full video where the camera man views his motionless body laying there after the shot, you can clearly see that his feet are lined up with the window, as if he was standing there. Maybe he wanted a breath of fresh air? Maybe he wanted to add to the validity of him staging his death? Maybe he wanted somebody to watch him?

Also, I can't imagine a gunman shooting this man in the cheekbone and causing the Colonel to completely go unconscious. A bullet to the cheekbone is in no way fatal. I would imagine that a military man of his stature (size-wise) would be more inclined to writhe in pain and yell than to fall face first into the ground and pass-out.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

mind control?
punishment at a distance,
perhaps.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

I happen to agree w/ your assessment, that this whole 'premeditated' act was a ruse. . .

Everyone keeps focusing on where he shot himself INSTEAD of noticing that there was @ least 2 camera recordings of this event. . .

We get 2 different camera angles.
1.) 1st video stays zoomed in on the Polish Prosecutor & microphones
2.) 2nd video remains zoomed out, showing the Polish Prosecutor's office (which was empty @ time of shooting).

You'll notice in the 1st video that 2-3 seconds after the Polish Prosecutor fires a shot, 3 people rush past the microphones. . . HOWEVER . . . . . . . . .

In the 2nd video thats zoomed out, showing the whole office, there's NO ONE in there. . . And approx. 5-6 seconds after the Polish Prosecutor fires that shot, NO ONE passes in front of the microphones. Hell even the door to his office finally swings open after 6seconds!!!!

Why is there such a LARGE time discrepancy in the 2 videos, of people coming to check on the Polish Prosecutor !!??

Either the the speech was recorded a few times
OR
the 'suicide' attempt was recorded a few times

top topics

join