It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Saves another Iranian ship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

U.S. Saves another Iranian ship

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com

A U.S. Coast Guard ship helped six Iranian sailors Tuesday after their cargo vessel began taking on water, marking the second time in less than a week that the American military has come to the aid of Iranians at sea.

The patrol boat Monomoy, which is assigned to Task Force 55 in the Persian Gulf (also known as the Arabian Gulf), saw distress flares coming from the dhow Ya-Hussayn during the night early Tuesday, according to a statement issued by the U.S. Fifth Fleet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Its nice to see even though tensions are high there is still room for kindness. Although I'm not sure if this will do much to ease tensions between the countries. This makes it two rescues within a week for saving Iranians from shipwreck.

Who knows, if this becomes routine maybe some good will come of it.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-1-2012 by Ralphy because: grammer

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Its kinda like say your neighbor from two blocks over camping out in front of your house parked at your curb armed to the teeth, he than decides on helping your kid cross the street and wanting a thank you for it.

Lets first address the issue of all the armament parked at your curb before you thank him for walking your kid across the street.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My mistake, mods feel free to remove this post since it is a duplicate.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The Navy doesnt want a thank you. This is what sailors do. They are far more virtuous than ground troops. A boat in distress is a boat in distress, seamen are "sworn" to protect each other from the sea.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Its good to see that not all of America is war mongering and blood lusting. Very good

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sounds like more pre-war propaganda.

I am sure that the boat took no water, instead the boat took on an extra few pounds of coinage for this little story.

My government is doing it's best to talk about Iran with every situation possible. That's the tactic, the information doesn't need to be negative or positive - they are just trying to teach enough Americans what/who/where Iran is before they go off to war with them.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Yes those same sailors will also be the ones loading the tomahawks that blow up near civilians when we eventually invade them...

So yeah, its propaganda so excuse me if I don't find the humanitarian efforts of the us navy moving...

Maybe the rescuers could of showed them the videos of Apache pilots mowing down civilians and news reporters in Iraq so the Iranians know what to expect...

"today we rescued you, tomorrow we will be shooting your family"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
In all fairness, the Iranian sailors would have probably been able to afford the repairs for their ship if their currency hadn’t lost 40% of its value to the dollar when we started tightening the sanctions on their entire country.

I'm glad our Navy helped out though, even if they are the 'enemy.'

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Nazi's used to save British naval survivors despite being told not to. There are gentlemen of war sometimes. Personally I think this should be common practice in war since history judges us all. Sportsmanship should apply to everything. S&F

Cracked: acts of kindness on the battlefield

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's great to hear about another distress call responded to by the US Navy. It's certainly what they are out there for and what our Navy is best at. Helping people, that is.

This is the second time in a week, and again, that is a great thing to hear about.
......the third time it's Iranians on the other end, I hope someone questions the likelihood of coincidence and how far it can be pushed, though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by benrl

The Navy doesnt want a thank you. This is what sailors do. They are far more virtuous than ground troops. A boat in distress is a boat in distress, seamen are "sworn" to protect each other from the sea.

I like this reply, and I think you nailed it. It has nothing to do with the warmongering between Iran, and the US. It's a duty all sailors are very aware of. It's nice to hear about things like this though. Gives us all a nice break from war rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Its kinda like say your neighbor from two blocks over camping out in front of your house parked at your curb armed to the teeth, he than decides on helping your kid cross the street and wanting a thank you for it.

Lets first address the issue of all the armament parked at your curb before you thank him for walking your kid across the street.

I fully agree

This may seem like a nice publicity story, but common sense should kick in and try to explain why the American navy is in proximity waters to Iran in able for this story to even take place.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Was this before or after they sunk there ship

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is a nice story and I'm sure it's just propaganda from the US government. What I'm wondering is why is there a US Coast Guard ship in the Arabian Sea? Last time I looked, we didn't have any coast line there.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
my guess is that america staged both these rescues to keep americans on their side

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hmmm, not sure I can truly believe this.

Imho, staged...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Nazi's used to save British naval survivors despite being told not to. There are gentlemen of war sometimes. Personally I think this should be common practice in war since history judges us all. Sportsmanship should apply to everything. S&F

Cracked: acts of kindness on the battlefield

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Way tp keep it breezy long wind incorporated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join