It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Jesus's reign on Earth be like - especially concerning gender?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Although there are many types of Christians on ATS, some claim that after the Tribulation and the defeat of the Antichrist, Jesus will return to rule over 1000 years of peace on earth.
I'm not sure what happens after that, but trouble might stir up again between the cosmic forces, or amongst men.

What will this 1000-year reign be like?
Will we have feminists and gay marriage?

How will we keep the peace if people start multiplying out of control again, and struggle over resources?
Will Jesus set Chinese-style limitations on children?
Will these children also be born into original sin?

Will men and women finally be equal, or will it be a Pauline patriarchy?

Will the survivors of the Antichrist's army be given rights and some kind of reconciliatory reservation, where they can buy and sell without money?

What if Jesus turns out to be a dictator, who uses hell as a concentration camp for dissidents?

Will we have democracy and freedom of speech?
Or perhaps we'll be so enchanted by His majesty, that we won't need things like that, and we'll float about on love, like mind-controlled zombies?

Have we really thought this through?
Will countries like the US keep their Constitution?

Maybe we won't live in families or reproduce at all during that reign, and live as gender segregated communities?

Will we eat meat, or farm crops, or will we frolic as friends with the lions and sheep, with some supernatural sustenance?
Will it be heaven on earth, or the final "1000-year Reich"?

I suppose other religions won't be tolerated, and churches and pastors will be unnecessary and outlawed.
But perhaps we won't be tempted into differences any more, without demons and diseases.
We'd be natural automatons for the Kind of Kings.

edit on 10-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Sounds like someone has been smoking and now letting their mind run wild with a bunch of random thoughtsand questions. I would say some of the answers you seek would not make one difference or the other. Other questions aren't so bad. You had a couple of them that I would like to know the answer on. I will keep watching to see where this goes.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Communicationwillfreeus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by Communicationwillfreeus because: mistype correction

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
May I suggest you pray to Jesus and then look for his answer in the word of God the bible ....peace
edit on 10-1-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Communicationwillfreeus

I've had some cigarettes; not sure what else is implied.
I've been pondering this for quite a while.

Ultimately it's the people who want to sell this idea who should explain it.

We've seen Christian movies on everything from demons posing as aliens, to versions of the end times and the rapture, and the battle at Armageddon.

But, what happens next...?
Can somebody describe or give a semblance of the perfect society to follow all this?
Surely it is reasonable.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

You can suggest that, but I don't find anything specific there.
Perhaps you could suggest some of the information?

The way we should think about the rapture and the Antichrist is depicted in sermons, books and film.
So why not the the reign of Jesus?

Or should one take silence as a very grim prognosis?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i have a hard time jumping on the bandwagon due the fact that the book you belive is the word of god tells us that if our wives are unfaithful to us we should stone them to death... any god whom condones such behavior is no god of mine. peace.

edit on 10-1-2012 by defythetyrants because: error

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Although there are many types of Christians on ATS, some claim that after the Tribulation and the defeat of the Antichrist, Jesus will return to rule over 1000 years of peace on earth.
I'm not sure what happens after that, but trouble might stir up again between the cosmic forces, or amongst men.

What will this 1000-year reign be like?
Will we have feminists and gay marriage?

How will we keep the peace if people start multiplying out of control again, and struggle over resources?
Will Jesus set Chinese-style limitations on children?
Will these children also be born into original sin?

Will men and women finally be equal, or will it be a Pauline patriarchy?

Will the survivors of the Antichrist's army be given rights and some kind of reconciliatory reservation, where they can buy and sell without money?

What if Jesus turns out to be a dictator, who uses hell as a concentration camp for dissidents?

Will we have democracy and freedom of speech?
Or perhaps we'll be so enchanted by His majesty, that we won't need things like that, and we'll float about on love, like mind-controlled zombies?

Have we really thought this through?
Will countries like the US keep their Constitution?

Maybe we won't live in families or reproduce at all during that reign, and live as gender segregated communities?

Will we eat meat, or farm crops, or will we frolic as friends with the lions and sheep, with some supernatural sustenance?
Will it be heaven on earth, or the final "1000-year Reich"?

I suppose other religions won't be tolerated, and churches and pastors will be unnecessary and outlawed.
But perhaps we won't be tempted into differences any more, without demons and diseases.
We'd be natural automatons for the Kind of Kings.

The King of Kings will rule over the entire earth with an iron hand. There will be no homosexuality as he will not tolerate wickedness (there will be no unsaved flesh to enter the Millenial reign, they will be killed as they will have had the mark of the beast on them), children will be born into original sin, this will not pass away until the final judgement and at the end of his reign he will let Lucifer loose for one final showdown and those born during his millenial reign will have the option to accept him or reject him and they shall be the last of mankind to be judged. There will be farming again and no more war. Babies will no longer be born dead or live but a few days, nor anymore disease or famine. For 1000 years we get a taste of what we would have enjoyed before the fall from grace and the exile from Eden. Yes, Christ will be the King of all earth and heaven and his capitol will be new Yiru-Shalem (Jerusalem). There will be no constitutions, all law will be under his guide and direction with the saints to be appointed positions within his government and the administration of the entire world. There will be no need for human pastors for the saints in their glorified bodies will minister to the people born during that time.

We get to be ruled by the King of kings for 1000 years, and it's going to be exciting.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

why is it that if a man loves another man he is deemed "wicked"

seriously what the hell is wrong with you people? perpetuating this nonsense is one of the biggest problems nowadays.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I like your reply ...peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Thanks for your honest answer from your perspective Lonewolf.

I'm not sure where all that is written, and I'm hoping some people will disagree with you.

But I asked a question, and you gave me a succinct answer, so thanks.

link   

I dont think taking a grim outlook about it would get to the picture you should paint in your mind if unless you love your sin and wouldn't think kindley to being corrected ....peace

link   

All the "EXTRA" text within the bible that steers away from God being loving, caring, and forgiving is all written to fit the beliefs of the time they were written.. You must understand that a lot of the things the Bible says are B.S. and to even think that a creator of love and peace actually had views similar to many of the views the Bible states than in reality we're better off following what the Bible describes as "Satan" because through him you're given the freedom to do as you please with no one telling you you're right or wrong or you shouldn't be doing what you're doing "against your God". What you need to do is study spirituality within the Bible and come to the conclusion for yourself that 3/4 of everything in the Bible is extra, thrown together text, based around the beliefs of that time, or fairy tale... A lot of the bible is subliminal and metaphoric, not literal.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by defythetyrants

seriously what the hell is wrong with you people? perpetuating this nonsense is one of the biggest problems nowadays.

Because it is God's law. If you have a problem with it, you should be talking to him not me. I didn't make that law he did.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Thanks for your honest answer from your perspective Lonewolf.

I'm not sure where all that is written, and I'm hoping some people will disagree with you.

But I asked a question, and you gave me a succinct answer, so thanks.

It's all biblical.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by defythetyrants

Because it is God's law. If you have a problem with it, you should be talking to him not me. I didn't make that law he did.

i dont follow that tyrants law, i would rather burn in every level of dantes inferno than kiss the feet of your "god"
besides, how can you be certain that god is the good guy? just because a really old book tells you that he is, i mean this is the same god that smote folks for not wearing the right fabrics, the same god that lets children be molested UNDER HIS ROOF! how can i abide by that god.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by defythetyrants

That so called tyrant you speek of allowes you to choose to serve him ,unlike mans ways of taxation and the such ....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Interestingly, one of the Christian groups who do have imagery of the 1000-year reign are the Jehovah's Witnesses.
They seem to be called a cult partly because of this (and like most streams of Christianity they got some prophesies wrong in hindsight).
But in this respect, I wonder how they really differ from some mainstream Christianity today?

These images of doomed non-believers at Armageddon, and ecstatic believers for the 1000-year reign could very well apply to what a lot of Christians believe today:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

That so called tyrant you speek of allowes you to choose to serve him ,unlike mans ways of taxation and the such ....

that we can agree on.

aside from the assertion that said tyrant actually exists.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

That so called tyrant you speek of allowes you to choose to serve him ,unlike mans ways of taxation and the such ...

Actually taxes and serving Him in faith would be quite similar.

You can choose not to pay taxes, but there are consequences.
You can choose not to serve Jesus and the consequences are hell.

Both of them are punitive systems, where choice is unfairly governed by fear.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That so called tyrant you speek of allowes you to choose to serve him ,unlike mans ways of taxation and the such ...

Actually taxes and serving Him in faith would be quite similar.

You can choose not to pay taxes, but there are consequences.
You can choose not to serve Jesus and the consequences are hell.

Both of them are punitive systems, where choice is unfairly governed by fear.

NAIL

HEAD

you hit it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join