It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Back........

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I went back to the thread my wife made and fully engulfed myself into reading each reply. What my wife told me about the replies did not do it justice. Tears began to come to me while reading them. You all are incredible people. I have never felt so close to a group of people in which I have never even met. The best I could do was star every reply I thought, but then I realized something else had to be done. I sent a message to SkepticOverloader and I told him how amazing you all have been.

You all deserve some recognition in rising to the occasion when a fellow member needed the help. You all should be very proud of yourselves. There are not alot of people in this world who would genuinely care for a complete stranger. I do not know how I will ever be able to thank you all enough, I wish I had the energy to send each of a personalized message but I just dont have it in me at this time. Just know that if any of you need support of anykind I will be here supporting you every step of the way.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's Great To Hear Your HOME!!!!
The Prayers and Well Wishes Will Continue,,,,,,,, We are proud of you and all who do your very important and dangerous job.
I believe this,,,, There was a reason, you were there and you both lived.
Best Wishes For You and Your Family!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Best of luck on the recovery. You really are a hero, even if you don't feel like one. As a paramedic you saved people on a regular basis...sounds like a hero to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
good job hero
Welcome back...i gotta ask, did u jump on to ATS first thing when u got home???

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

lol maybe not right away, but it sure did not take long.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wow that's one of the most WTF situations i've ever heard about. I'm glad you are still alive. Maybe you being there avoided the son and his mother being killed... Life is crazy. Much love and peace.

PS
Be careful with those painkillers they give you.

edit on 10-1-2012 by stigup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

All the best for a speedy recovery my man !
Inspirational !!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

You help to restore much of my lost faith in humanity.

To you, it may just be a job, but to many others it is a blessing. You have touched the lives of more than just that little boy and his mother, as is evidenced by the replies to the thread your wife made (I am sorry I missed it's inception) and tuo the ones here.

Rest ye well and let thy mind be soothed, much peace to you good sir.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Oh man!! I am unbelievably glad you are OK.

I had a close call once years ago while working in an ER. We had a really old guy that as an ex combat marine with horrible PTSD. He was calm, and smiling, and acting completely cordial. I leaned in to listen to his lungs, and heart to do a routine assessment, and out of no where he grabbed my badge lanyard, and yanked hard, and I felt a thump on my clavicle. Luckily I had just thrown away my old solid cord lanyard for one with a safety break in it about a month earlier. So the lanyard broke off as designed. The thump was his other hand with a knife in it! He cut my shirt collar, but was aiming for more vital structures I'm sure. If the lanyard cord had not snapped I would have been right where he wanted me to be. I was phyically unhurt. That was over 5 years ago, and to this day I still watch people's hands when I lean in to do an assessment.

Thank you, thank you for the job you do, and all the best in medical school. I'm sure you're going to make an awesome doctor. Now get off ATS, and go hug that wife, and daughter.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Binder because: spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
AWESOME! Congrats on your making it through! Hero is the right word. Conduit for a miracle is another. Either way you've been blessed with a life defining moment and maybe not your last being a paramedic.

If you've ever wondered what your purpose in life was... It could be that this kid will remember your actions and live life accordingly in a time when inspiration is scarce. Who knows who this kid will become, especially now! You have something to live EVEN LONGER for now, waiting to see what becomes of the kid!

Enjoy the rest of your days and the suspense that lay ahead!

edit on 11-1-2012 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I'm very happy you're back home with your family getting better and better.

Try to relax and get some rest you deserve it.
Also tell your partner he's a very brave man, he shouldn't feel bad.

Welcome back.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i didn't read your wife's original thread, i didn't spot it till now.

but like everyone else on ATS (is this something ATSers are actually ALL in agreement with? that'd be a first!) reading this, i have to send my thanks for the job you do, my gratefulness that there ARE people like you out there, and although i'm an atheist my prayers for your full and speedy recovery

a few other things... manuka honey will help heal the wound quicker than anything else on the planet. and if you're a little traumatised from it please look into EFT to help with that, i've seen it miraculously help people who've been in similar situations.

blessings from the UK

xx

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Oh my god, I hadnt seen that thread and I´m shocked to hear this.

I am glad you survived and back on your feet. The same goes for the kid.

You might´ve took a bullet for him.

What a horryfying experience that must´ve been, for everybody involved.

I hope you will revover completely soon, and wish a prosperous and long life to you, your family and all others harmed by this crazy individual.

edit on 11-1-2012 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Glad to hear you are alright!
I took a peak at the thread your wife posted, And i was genuinely worried,

Have a speedy recovery and know that you saved one, possible two lives by taking that bullet. If you hadn't, then the threats said man said against his step-family, would have come true.

I believe the term is guardian angel, you saved a families life, and i applaud you. Relax and enjoy your time off work, Try not to spend too much time on ATS
, being around ATS too much can make one go crazy!

*twitch twitch*.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Wow!!
This is one of those events in your life that WAKES you up! I imagine you will have many survivor questions..dont think about the what you shoulda coulda done.......you cant change any of that now. Focus on your family and getting well.

ONE QUESTION THOUGH:
How did you get out of the hospital so fast with a hemothorax??

Blessings for a speedy recovery!!
edit on 11-1-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Glad that you're back and healing . You were in my prayers. Thank your wife for informing us about what happened. You've got a good woman there.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

get well bruthah!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

This is the first i have heard as i am a new member your incident is a remarkable one. I show great respect for the shielding of the child. As you state your a farther i am to so i understand the instinct to protect children. Not only have you chosen a career path that shows you are blessed with a big heart. You have also shown that you have a strong protective nature as a father. With more people like you i would feel safer for my kids in this world. Get well soon and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Indisputable

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sir I tip my cap. If only the world had more like you. Not only were you shot but you continued to protect the child, where I come from people like you are champions amongst men. England salutes you!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

wow! what a story. sory to hear what you had to go through and thank you for your service.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join