It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Back........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
First off I want to say thank you to everyone who contributed with well wishes to the thread my wife made found here.www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am home, my daughter wont leave my side, I am sore but I am alive and I am home.

So here is what happened. I am dispatched to a residence for a child who fell down some stairs. On arrival I find the child at the bottom of the stairs with an obvious deformity to his right femur. I get down by him and ask him what happened. I notice his eyes move to look at his step father. I ask him if he really fell down the stairs or if someone did this to him. He whispered to me "help me, he hurts me"

I get on the radio and ask for police to come to the scene. In hindsight I probably should have had my partner take over patient care while I went outside to make the call, but I did not. The father over heard me and that is when things get crazy. I notice him leave the room but my focus is on helpping this kid.

I then feel a pain I have never felt before. A very intense burning pain goes right through my upper back and out by my shoulder. I dont remember hearing the gun shot at all,, all I remember is the pain. I jump ontop of the kid and begin to pull him into another room to take cover. My partner was able to knock the gun out of the mans hand and subdue him until police arrived.

A second ambulance was called for me and I was treated and taken to the hospital. The child was taken in another ambulance. My blood pressure began to rise and I knew I was going into shock. At the hospital they discovered a hemothorax which was collapsing my lung. I was rushed into surgery and it was found that an artery was hit by the bullet causing the blood to pool in my chest and abdominal cavity. They fixed the artery and cleaned out the wound. A chest tube was put in place as a safety measure in case the stitches some how broke or came loose.

My partner was un harmed physically but mentally he feels he is to blame for not watching my back. I have told him over and over it is not his fault.

Now I am home still having trouble breathing a little cause It hurts to take in breaths. The muscles around the injury site are very sore. I have not been able to sleep real well since everytime I close my eyes the incident replays in my head, I swear last night I even heard a gunshot in my bedroom. I will be meeting with a counselor on Friday to discuss what happened.

I have spoke with the mother of the child on the phone and it is her belief that the man was targeting her son. He has been abusive in the past to both him and her and a few days before this happened he threatened to shoot them both. She is very grateful that I was there to help her son. I have heard rumblings that she is going to be investigated by child protective services because she knew this violent behavior was going on yet did not report it.

The child succesfully had surgery on a compound femur fracture and is expected to make a full recovery.

I cant thank you all enough who took the time out to read the thread my wife made and all the kind words you have expressed. There are too many of you to list but you know who you are. You all deserve some applause. I have been here on ATS for almost a year and I now feel like I am one of the family.

Now that I have alot of down time I expect to be hitting the threads and forums hard.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Welcome home Brave Man. You owe your wife a bunch of roses when you are up to it.

Because of her, we have come to know, and love you well. You are an inspiration to all !!!

Bright Blessings Dear One,

Des
edit on 10-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Explanation: S&F! (please explain stars and flags to your wonderful wife as I have not had the opportunity to send a u2u on that very minor subject yet)

Personal Disclosure: Great News [considering
] & Words fail me! [Hugs you lots]

Get Well Soon!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
THATS WHAT I'M TALK'n ABOUT! GOOD MAN!

I hope the kid see's a brighter future and his step-dad see's cell walls.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Welcome back! I am glad you are at home and recovering. To me (and I think everyone else on here!) you are a HERO! I will pray that you are able to sleep better.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You were in my thoughts, and will remain there while I wish you a speedy recovery.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Wow ... I salute you

I hope the scumbag gets all plus more that's coming to him both for the assault on the child and for shooting someone that was there to help .
I hope you make a full recovery and continue in your vocation when you've recovered .
S+F for you Sir .

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks for the kind words but I really dont think of myself as a hero, I am just a paramedic who was doing his job.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

A true ATS hero ..Bravo ...I wish we had a hero app button as a star and a flag seem so trivial in this case ...peace and get well soon

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Welcome back

I've been sitting here for a while thinking of what to reply, but everything I came up with just didn't seem enough. I've decided to settle on "Thank you". For being brave, not only for yourself but for others, for being an inspiration to us, for helping others while risking your own life. This goes for your partner as well, could you tell him this for us, please?

You might not think of yourself as such, but to us, you are a hero.

From what your wife has told us, you have an amazing and loving family and we're all happy that you get to return home to them.

But... (and I'm sorry for getting on "lecture mode"
) take it easy now, ok? I'm talking about ATS, we know that you'll probably want to see what you missed but just go one step at a time, please? This place can turn everyone's head and that when they're 100% healthy!
(end of "lecture mode")

We're all here for you if you need anything, and for your wife too, you know. We heard she was thinking about making an account, so we'll keep an eye out for her in case she needs help.

Well, that's it. I wish you and your family all the best and I hope you recover really soon.

Thank you, sir.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Welcome back lcbjr1979!

I sincerely hope that guy get's his comeuppance for what he did to you and that poor kid, and I wish you a very, very speedy recovery here.

You're a very brave soul for what you did - I really don't think I could stress enough just how much I think we need more people like you on this earth of ours.

Once again man, I really do hope you get well soon and back to where you was before this incident occurred and welcome back.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A big welcome back!
Little did you know you've become a genuine hero to all here on ATS for your brave actions to protect that child. Please thank your lovely wife for keeping us informed of your condition. You had many, many people here sending their prayers and best wishes for your recovery.

May you heal quickly and be able to put this tragedy behind you. You deserve a good night's sleep more than anyone I know.
A huge thank you to your partner as well for his heroic actions.
You're both heroes to us and no doubt to that poor child as well.
Know that the world is a better, safer place because of what you did.

Cheers,

Asktheanimals

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am so happy to hear that you are home and healing. Continued prayers and well wishes for your recovery.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Whoa! I had no clue to what happened to you!
I'm glad that you are still with us breathing!
I'm sorry this has happened to you!
But I am very much pleased that you are recovering!

My mom recently had open heart bypass surgery, she has been home a week, and I been taking care of her round the clock...
So i know how your daughter feels, she has love for you...'

As does your ATS family, we love ya bro, get better!
We're here for you!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wowsers!

Not much to say in the midst of hero's!

edit on 10-1-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

God bless you brother. Just tonight at dinner prayer you came to mind. I didn't know your name but the intention was clear.

Wow, it's gratifying to know an ATS member rose to heroic levels. I am proud to consider you a kindred spirit. You are the man!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks for the kind words but I really dont think of myself as a hero, I am just a paramedic who was doing his job.

Ask that little boy what he thinks of you... I don't know from "heroes"... sounds more like "guardian angel" to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think I can speak for everyone in this thread that we will pray for you, and that you have a speedy recovery! The good lord has put his hands upon you, and spared you. He still has more plans for you. Rest as well as you can my friend.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

amazing story i wish you a speedy recovery, i dont know if i know you or not but im happy for you and your family, and the child!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
things worked out for the best. if he hadn't shot you, most likely nothing would have happened to the guy.

and in all probability he would have killed the kid and the mother.

when he's in prison, try to spread the word that he's a child beater. that way he'll have an extra fun time in prison avoiding shanks and beatings.
edit on 10-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join