It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Rescues Six Iranian Sailors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Couldn't make it up.

The US Pentagon has announced that they have just rescued six more sailors stranded aboard a cargo dhow in the Gulf.

One supposedly injured.

It is on RT News.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

But why did they need rescuing??

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

I wonder if they will be used to swap with their 'spy'? I'm sure the Iranians would detain other nationals in the same situation!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
this was days ago.

2nd

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Well the sea is dangerous. Ships still sink, capsize, break down, get hit by freak waves etc. Most likely the US ship was the closest of quickest to respond to their distress signal.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78
this was days ago.

2nd

No it wasn't. This was a new separate incident. Their ship was taking on water from the way I read it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

True, but what did really happen? Because you know people will start to think it was an act of war or some similar notion.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Did the US blow up their boat and then rescue them?

This smells of media stories "see the US helped the Iranians, were the good guys there the bad guys" propaganda
edit on 10-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
New York times has more info at link below.

Times

Like the quote about 'halal meals'
edit on 10-1-2012 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Would Iran have rescued american sailors I wonder?
2nd,

GM
edit on 10-1-2012 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Yea, prisoner's of war.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

so this is the second time in a week?
I am sure just the other day no longer than a week the same thing happened but i believe they rescued them from pirates. I think that was the story

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes this is the second time it has happened.

edit on 10-1-2012 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yes, they would keep our sailors as POW's
It's to bad these people are heartless and souless.
I would say keep these guys in Gitmo and use them as bargaining chips
to return our man. . . but they could give 2 shi*s about 6 missing "iranian sailors"
Personally, I say get rid of them.

Semper Fi
Hix

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SOUTH44

They are not heartless. Secondly if you like Guantanomo, why dont you join the north korean army, they could use a few folks like you

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Its kinda like say your neighbor from two blocks over camping out in front of your house parked at your curb armed to the teeth, he than decides on helping your kid cross the street and wanting a thank you for it.

Lets first address the issue of all the armament parked at your curb before you thank him for walking your kid across the street.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think Press.tv had it correct when they said "It's all a ploy to support having the US Navy in the region"...

Glad the US Navy is assisting though. I'm sure ANY country could ask them for help and if they could, they would.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by SOUTH44

They are not heartless. Secondly if you like Guantanomo, why dont you join the north korean army, they could use a few folks like you

And you know the Iranians so well...? Have you served overseas? Well, I have sir.. 3 deployments. I know a little bit about what i'm talking about and I have my opinions. I can guarantee I've seen more than you can imagine, but I'm sure you get your info bysitting on mommy's couch, playing on the internet, eating potato chips watching CNN pretending you know what goes on in the god forsaken middle east. whatever. done with you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOUTH44

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by SOUTH44

And you know the Iranians so well...? Have you served overseas? Well, I have sir.. 3 deployments. I know a little bit about what i'm talking about and I have my opinions. I can guarantee I've seen more than you can imagine, but I'm sure you get your info bysitting on mommy's couch, playing on the internet, eating potato chips watching CNN pretending you know what goes on in the god forsaken middle east. whatever. done with you.

Good on ya!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think it is correct in that they are using this as justification to stay in the area like: Look they need the police, this is a high crime area etc..
edit on 10-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join