It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mushroom Cloud Seen After N.Korea Explosion 9/9/04

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
weather.yahoo.com...

Currently:

Feels Like: 61� Dewpoint: 61�
Barometer: 29.80 in and falling Wind: NW 4 mph
Humidity: 99% Sunrise: 6:15 am
Visibility: 900 mi Sunset: 6:50 pm

Today: Periods of rain. The rain will be heavy at times. High 74F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall possibly over one inch.

Tonight: Thunderstorms early, then variable clouds overnight with still a chance of showers. Low 66F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall possibly over one inch.

Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy skies. High around 75F. Winds light and variable.

Tomorrow night: Considerable cloudiness. Low 64F. Winds light and variable.

Tuesday: Chance of afternoon showers. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.

Wednesday: Thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 60s.

Thursday: Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Actually, you're better using the Hamheung station. It's much closer to the area.

link   
This posted on Sept 9 2004 (the date of the blast) by the N. Korean News Service. The article is entitled "Final Victory in Confrontation with US Called for". I offer it as background for those that haven't seen anything in the news about this:

The U.S. bellicose forces are driving the situation on the Korean peninsula to the brink of a war by shipping more latest war equipment into south Korea under the pretext of "reduction" of its troops and staging madcap exercises for a war of aggression, he said.
The army and the people of Korea are maintaining full combat posture with the will to fight in a do-or-die spirit and the spirit of annihilating the enemy to cope with the adventurous moves of the U.S. imperialists, he noted, urging them to clearly see who their rival is and act with discretion.
It is a foolish pipedream to try to stifle the DPRK by force of arms, he warned.

www.kcna.co.jp...

North Korea clearly sees US presence in South Korea as an amassing of forces in preparation for a pre-emptive strike. Did this just occur?

link   
I did find some history on weather.com. 9/9 the humidity was also in the 80's then. Single digit winds, and dew points in the 50's & 60's. Not the kind of weather where you would have a massive forrest fire.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Haha forest fire! Of all things! And I'm a pig that's typing this message right now
. These government officials never cease to amaze me.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think the ATS community has thoroughly discredited the forest fire cover story.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
My head what shaking in disbelief when I read and posted that the US is taking the stand that the 3 mile wide Mushroom cloud complete with sesmic graphs was a Forest Fire..

Do they think we are that stupid?

I had to read that report 20 times before I was sure of what BS I was actually reading....

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Actually, you're better using the Hamheung station. It's much closer to the area.

Thanks Nerdling: Here is the weather for the closer site. Look at the extended forecast and the winds seem to shift daily. I looked at the 20 or so stations that Yahoo Weather reports in NK and all show humidity at at leat 90% and most have rain. High humidity, moderate temps and rain? Forrest fire my butt.

Hamhung
Feels Like: 60� Dewpoint: 60�
Barometer: 30.08 in and falling Wind: NNE 2 mph
Humidity: 100% Sunrise: 6:08 am
Visibility: 501 mi Sunset: 6:44 pm

Today: Windy with rain likely. High 68F. Winds E at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall possibly over one inch.

Tonight: Periods of rain. The rain will be heavy at times. Low 66F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall over two inches.

Tomorrow: Rain showers ending early with mostly cloudy conditions later in the day. High 74F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

Tomorrow night: Mainly cloudy. Low 64F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 60s.

Wednesday: Rain. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 60s.

Thursday: Thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Whilst we're looking at weather i'll just chime in again.

If its a nuclear test then why in gods name would they do it in the rain???

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
What I want to know is:

1) Will US fight NK?
2) Will China fight NK?
3) Will US use that "zero casaulties" policy again? In such desperate times?
4) Do they have another nuke?
5) There is no five, but I think I should build a fallout bunker in my backyard.

Questions are hard to answer and are actually more rhetorical questions than anything. I'm just in complete shock right now because I don't want to be nuked by a bunch of freaks

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Cable News networks are useless at night.

They're talking about hurricane Ivan instead of broadcasting on this event of major importance in the world.

Has anyone seen reports on this broadcast on CNN or FOX?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Perhaps to minimise fallout from radioactive dust? Or perhaps it was an accident while trying to arm a missile for a test.

link   

Did this take place on the 9th?
If so, is that the day that you are looking at for the weather?

link   

Was it raining there last thursday (might have been wednesday in US)?
Just wondering...

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The staff structure is dead at night.

Theres going to be a handful of reporters, and i mean a handful. And probably around 40 subeditors getting the prep done for the next day.

Suspicious Blast Seen in N. Korea
Nuclear Test Has Not Been Ruled Out, U.S. Official Says

A nuclear test has to be disclosed slowly. Theres no sense in announcing NK went nuclear until you've called around and got support. They know the forest fire is going fall through.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Its Kim, he does freaky stuff. As to your question if the blast occured on Sept 9th was it raining then?, Sept 9th was an important anniversary in NK (its founding day 1948). Maybe Kim wanted to celebrate with a bang?

I don't know if a blast in the US, CHina, France or Russia was ever done in the rain. No reason not to esp if above ground. It may actually help with fallout?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
Questions are hard to answer and are actually more rhetorical questions than anything. I'm just in complete shock right now because I don't want to be nuked by a bunch of freaks

Relax man... This story is probably just something CBS News cooked up to get the bloggers of off Dan Rathers back....

Seriously, If this is was a nuclear blast shouldn't someone have detected higher than normal radiation readings by now... The asmophere isn't static....

[edit on 9/12/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
What I want to know is:

1) Will US fight NK?
2) Will China fight NK?
3) Will US use that "zero casaulties" policy again? In such desperate times?
4) Do they have another nuke?
5) There is no five, but I think I should build a fallout bunker in my backyard.

These are all good questions. I think pretty much everyone believes that it was a nuclear explosion, test or otherwise. So what are the implications? Is this bluster from the North Koreans? Are they wanting to use this as leverage in talks that were anticipated to take place this month? Will they now take the position that they have nukes, we have seen the evidence, and we should just except them into the nuclear club.
I am inclined to believe that the DPRK will now state that they are armed, aren't afraid to use it, and we need to get out of the Korean peninsula.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Seriously, If this is was a nuclear blast shouldn't someone have detected higher than normal radiation readings by now... The asmophere isn't static....
[edit on 9/12/04 by Seth Bullock]

There is a certain amount of entropy involved with the range of radiation (rule of 7's + initial load). The only radiation detectors that are likely to go off are those in the hands of NK or maybe China. The Blast cloud will not be tall enough nor strong enough to irradiate satelites(otherwise we would notice emp issues with some of them). We may have to wait for a leak as far as Rad readings go.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Now that it seems Nuclear weapons are in the hands of an enemy state, perhaps people will realize the seriousness of Nuclear weapons and will not talk so flippantly about Countries XYZ needing to be nuked.

The only thing we can really hope for now is a change in government into the hands of someone more stable.

Not sure how easily it would be to achieve that through a military action.

They may respond to military action by firing nuclear weapons on their neighbors and on friends of the USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join