Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

NEWS: Mushroom Cloud Seen After N.Korea Explosion 9/9/04

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What are soem other sources and test we can look at to verify it?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Very scary. A country using nuclear bombs on its own civilians(not likely, more animals). Probably to test the aftermath. The US tested bombs on animals a while back, so its not surprising.

They are probably devising new bombs that will only kill people, that way they can use the land to develop other areas of their program.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Someone here suggested looking at seismic data, that would give a clue. Certainly in time the truth will be known. It's a little hard to set off a nuclear explosion and not have anyone notice.

Grady,

I posted the links to the seismographs and it apears that there was a world wide event at about 2300. Inchon station is not avalible when i checked.

I agreee alot can produce a mushroom cloud esp a FAE bomb, but 2.5 miles in diameter?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sources indicate that the explosion was an order of magniture bigger than "trinity" due to mushroom cloud size.

"Trinity" was the first US atomic test.

This maybe a 20kt bomb.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
There's been no massive rescue effort to get people. Massive explosions don;t just happen in deserted area's. This is a nuclear test or a nuclear accident.

Nuclear accidents don't mushroom cloud. That takes a controlled and planned detonation. This was a nuke.

link   

There's been no massive rescue effort to get people. Massive explosions don;t just happen in deserted area's. This is a nuclear test or a nuclear accident.

Big Blast, Mushroom Cloud Reported in N.Korea

"Yonhap quoted other unnamed officials as saying it was probably not an accident, although it also quoted one source in Washington as saying it was unlikely to have been a nuclear test. It quoted another source as saying it could be a forest fire."

A forest fire!! Yeah right. They think were stupid?

link   
Those seismic graphs are for the last 24 hours. Wasn't the test done on Thursday September 9th?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Actually, any large explosion produces a mushroom cloud. Not on this scale though. Theres only one thing that does the job this way.

I agree, this is a nuclear test.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Seoul's assessment so far was the explosion was unlikely to have been linked to the North's nuclear arms ambitions.

No likely Atomic

[edit on 9^11^04 by Quicksilver]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It seems the PTB was aware they may have been preparing for a test. If it was not a test, but an accident, I would hope they took all necessary precautions before hand to ensure the safety of those who may be near it.

Test OR accident, if it is a nuclear explosion, it certainly raises the stakes.

Recently there has been information coming out of NK that they now have missiles hitting the CONUS.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
And this happened, THURSDAY! I'm I missing something?

SEOUL (Reuters) - A mushroom cloud up to 2.5 miles in diameter was seen after an explosion in a remote area of North Korea near the border with China, Yonhap news agency reported on Sunday, quoting sources in Beijing.

The South Korean news agency said Thursday's blast in Kimhyungjik county in Yanggang province appeared to much worse than a train explosion that killed at least 170 people in April.

South Korean intelligence officials said they were monitoring the report, but declined detailed comment

EDIT: BANGINCOLOR asked it first, sorry.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by curme]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Has anyone got information on the reactions of the Chinese and Russian governments?

What about the deliberate disregard on the above ground testing ban?

link   
Here's another source:

Citing an unidentified source in Beijing, South Koreas Yonhap news agency said the explosion happened on Thursday in Yanggang province, near the border with China. The damage and crater left by the explosion in Kim Hyong Jik county was big enough to be noticed by a satellite, the source said.

LInk

link   
Hummmm I wonder about bush priorities when it comes to evil in the world.

We will find out what this entire mysterious explosion is all about very soon.

For the sake of the innocent civilians in NK I hope its not an accident.

link   
Yes, it happened on thursday. News doesn't travel quick out of a country like NK.

I'm still wondering why there was no flash of light reported. Its all a bit iffy right now due to the lack of decent info.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I knew I remembered this. US intelligence does believe that NK has missiles capable of hitting the West Coast.

While testifying at a Senate committee hearing in Washington, CIA Director George Tenet was asked whether North Korea had a ballistic missile capable of reaching the U.S. West Coast.

Before answering, Tenet turned to very quickly consult with aides sitting behind him.

"I think the declassified answer, is yes, they can do that," Tenet said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Russia

Something in Antarctica

really really small in comparision. Just look at teh date at aslwww.cr.usgs.gov and compare

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yes, it happened on thursday. News doesn't travel quick out of a country like NK.

I'm still wondering why there was no flash of light reported. Its all a bit iffy right now due to the lack of decent info.

Even though NK is reclusive, a mushroom cloud up to 2.5 miles seems hard to miss. Especially since we have satellites watching NK, and daily spy plane flights
from Osan. I'm assuming our government knew before we did, I guess it takes a while before it goes public. How long before we knew about the train explosion?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You have to remember that a nuclear explosion is very intense and brief at the same time. You're not going to see a rolling quake but maybe 20 seconds of rolling seismic activity at the most with no aftershocks.

I'm skeptical again, theres a definite lack of good info.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This from Janes...
NK is believed to have developed a liquid fueled missile capable of hitting the US. It is based on a Soviet missile with a 200kt payload.

www.janes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join