It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your Twinkies now....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Oh Noes...not my Twinkies ...

Something I thought would last longer than me. Well...with twinkies, we really haven't a clue what the life span is.

This is a big indicator of how bad our economy really is...

Hostess files for bankruptcy; Twinkie maker’s financial woes include high cost of ingredients, debt
High costs of flour, sugar and other key ingredients as well as snowballing debt

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... zz1j4yLGIbH

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Tallahassee is gonna be angry if he can't get his Twinkies after the Zombie Apocalypse! Bummer.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Tallahassee is gonna be angry if he can't get his Twinkies after the Zombie Apocalypse! Bummer.

Maybe I should move this thread to the Survival Forum...Twinkies will probably last until after the next ice age.

I'm going to price a case online....might be handy for barter in the future...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Get 2 cases. One to barter, one to keep.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Oh boy...my wife is going to be none to happy about this news!

Twinkies are a staple in my house...as common as milk in the fridge!

I'm going to price a case online too...maybe a pallet of them!

ETA: Wheew...took awhile but I found a place to buy them by the case: Twinkies...
edit on 10-1-2012 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Get 2 cases. One to barter, one to keep.

For real. I mean, isn't Twinkies somewhere in the Constitution... after the right to bare arms.

I grew up with the dang things. I never in a million years thought they would go bye bye.

They've even carved a place in our Judicial System...The Twinkie Defense...

edit on 10-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Oh boy...my wife is going to be none to happy about this news!

Twinkies are a staple in my house...as common as milk in the fridge!

I'm going to price a case online too...maybe a pallet of them!

Now...that's what I call leverage....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

i know now why the mayan calendar and all of the other predictions of 2012 are happening. Everyone knew that the world would end when the twinkie ended.

i know i will then take drastic measures to bring justice to all of the lost twinkie wearhouses and free them into my BELLY!

Death BY TWINKIES> would be a happy death.

Death without.... well that is pure hell....

have i started a new religion?
lol no its been around since the twinkie just nobody will speak of it

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

May I join your *Twinkie Freedom Brigade*...Of course, I will only accept booty as pay....

Spoils of war and all that....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I love Twinkies, but I refuse to buy them. Firstly, because they use partially hydrogenated oils to make the cream filling (trans-fat = BAD for you), and secondly, I cannot eat just one. They bring out the insane sugar addict in me and I will eat them all in one sitting. They aren't very filling so I could easily eat 20 or more if I had them available.

However, I wouldn't want Hostess to change how their make their Twinkies and Ding Dongs, so it is a catch-22 for them. They are a relic from another time when metabolic syndrome wasn't a public health issue, and a housewife could buy a box of them and dole them out as appropriate for the kids, who were busy playing outside all day long and burned off whatever harmful effects there were.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Here...you can choose from 4 kitchen tested recipes to make your own twinkies. Includes step by step directions...and is quite funny too...

Homemade Twinkie Challenge

www.instructables.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I ate a twinkie last month after not having one in 10 years or so and I about vomited it was so gross to me...Does hostess make anything healthy or worth eating???

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

May I join your *Twinkie Freedom Brigade*...Of course, I will only accept booty as pay....

Spoils of war and all that....

of course but we cannot allow every straggler to enter our brigade, only true twinkie followers... FOR THEIR FREEDOM!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

well, does bread count as healthy in your book LOL

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What do you think causes the ZA???

me I like a Ding Dong bad name chocolate goodness

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by FissionSurplus

Here...you can choose from 4 kitchen tested recipes to make your own twinkies. Includes step by step directions...and is quite funny too...

Homemade Twinkie Challenge

www.instructables.com...

ooooo i will cherish this link! it will never stop me though... more is better. MUST have MORE... damnit now i am going to have to drive to the gas station and buy a packet of twinkies because im FIENDING!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3

Oh didn't think of that LOL, I make my own bread and don't buy any
Well I do buy bagels occasionally
I pretty much stay out of the cakes, breads and chip isles....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Oh Noes...not my Twinkies ...

Something I thought would last longer than me. Well...with twinkies, we really haven't a clue what the life span is.

This is a big indicator of how bad our economy really is...

Hostess files for bankruptcy; Twinkie maker’s financial woes include high cost of ingredients, debt
High costs of flour, sugar and other key ingredients as well as snowballing debt

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... zz1j4yLGIbH

Aah, that would explain that then.
(s&f)

Around 4-5 years ago I went to the USA with my ol' man. I had been longing to try a Twinkie since seeing them on the film, 'Richie Rich'...
....(you know, the part where the security guard takes it off the obese kid and then eats it in one go)....again
(i'm strange I know!)

So I bought some and fell in love... but it was that sort of love that you can only see now and then and we couldn't speak over the phone. (twinkies can't talk)

So, fast forward 3 (+or-) years and i'm off to visit my ol' man who now resides in Canada.

I couldn't get hold of ANY.

The 14 days I had out there were soon coming to an end until, on the second to last day.

I got some. (twinkies)

But they were not to my expectations.

It was like going away and leaving your dog behind and then coming back to find he got hit by a car and now he don't run so good.

There was less filling, not as sweet and I was heartbroken to say the least.

I had hyped them up to my friends and work colleagues and they let me down.

So, the whole point of my post was to say that would explain the reduction of EVERYTHING to do with Twinkie and why I left Calgary with a sore heart and a whole in my stomach only the finest, fullest twinkie could fill.

(maybe this should be in short story's....)

Thanks for the heads up anyway.

It will be better this way.

R.I.P Twinkie

edit on 10-1-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3

Oh didn't think of that LOL, I make my own bread and don't buy any
Well I do buy bagels occasionally
I pretty much stay out of the cakes, breads and chip isles....

hahaha
your silly!!!!!!!!! we have a hostess in my home town Great place to drive by, smells so wonderful i love the smell of fresh baking bread!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Whether I make my own, or buy Hostess, I become like a 10 year old sugar junkie when faced with sweet treats. Thanks for the link, though. I'll look at it later when I don't have the munchies. All this Twinkie talk has me craving sugar. The only thing that makes me behave like a out-of-control crackhead besides Twinkies are rice crispy treats. I used to say, "Well, I'll just make some for the kids when they come home from school.." Yeah, right. I would eat the whole pan, then wash away the evidence and give them fruit when they came home. BAD mommy!!

Recipe for diabetes: 1/2 stick of butter, melted with 40 jumbo marshmallows, then add 6 cups of rice crispies. Same flavor as a Twinkie, same gut-expanding poison!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join