It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Racist" Newsletters mystery writer revealed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I did a quick search and didn't see anything on this.

Here's the article:

www.fox19.com...

Here's the video: (someone embed please)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-1-2012 by Jack Squat because: missed word

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
can you give us a name or excerpt at least? Its my personal philosophy to not click on foxnews links so they dont think themselves more popular than they really are.

edit on 10-1-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thanks for that update.
edit on 10/1/2012 by corporation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

edit on 10-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
can you give us a name or excerpt at least? Its my personal philosophy to not click on foxnews links so they dont think themselves more popular than they really are.

James B. Powell was identified as the author of one of the articles with racist content..

edit on 10-1-2012 by defuntion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I also pointed out that the author of those articles, James Kirchick, mentions that none of the racist newsletters have a byline, except for one.

The only problem, back in 2007, he did not disclose the name of that writer or which edition he or she wrote, until today.

For the first time, I am going to share with you the name of that writer in connection with the article he authored.

It is a 1993 edition of the Ron Paul Strategy Guide. The article is titled "How to Protect Against Urban Violence." The author is James B. Powell.

The full eight pages of his article match so closely to some of those other so-called "racist newsletters" it is stunning.

It seems like a guess more than anything.

...Until Powell comes out and takes responsibility for them.

Source
edit on 10-1-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

Please edit the OP for correction - the article that Powell authored does not contain any "racist" content and there is no solid indication he wrote any of the 20 or so problematic articles otherwise (out of 200+).

I definitely want to see this laid to rest one way or the other, but indirectly slandering or libeling an innocent person will not help anyone and is akin to what happened to Paul in the first place - some of the language is similar, but this was a fringe conservative publication and there is nothing tying Powell to the other newsletters in question - he is just one author likely of many.

We CANNOT pin this on Powell at this time, nor do I have any interest in doing so unless something is proven far beyond this. Swann is a great reporter and this is good work, but this is NOT the full story as of yet, and nothing Powell should be blamed for!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
^^^ Agreed.

Powell isn't the one that WROTE the newsletters but he is a person that wrote SOME newsletters with discriminating verbiage.

The most telling clue is that when Ben Swann put a timeline together, the discriminative pieces were all written in a short time (about half of a year) out of the many many years the newsletter was in circulation.

Common sense would dictate that Ron Paul did not write them because if he did, the discriminative material would be spread throughout the life of the newsletter, not just pop up out of nowhere and disappear shortly after.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I realize that the newsletter in question doesn't have a name on it and the journalist is making a connection to other newsletters with similar verbiage that WERE written by Powell.

I think this is significant though. When you pair the words and subject matter used with the fact that no where else is there evidence of Ron Paul being a racist (Annual Hate Whitey day?? Come on, can you picture Ron saying that?) it's pretty strong circumstantial evidence.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

It seems like a guess more than anything.

...Until Powell comes out and takes responsibility for them.

He already took responsibility for the one he did write by signing his name to it. The rest just come under the name Ron Paul. Seems odd anyone would go out of their way to sign only one when that one is pretty bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
When you pair the words and subject matter used with the fact that no where else is there evidence of Ron Paul being a racist (Annual Hate Whitey day?? Come on, can you picture Ron saying that?) it's pretty strong circumstantial evidence.

What do you call wishing states could again have control of civil rights?
Anyone remember what happened the last time it was like that?
Ask a black person to remind you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kafternin

I think you mean wishing people had control over their own businesses. Never said he was against having a civil rights act.. just wouldn't have voted for the particular one enacted for the reason stated previously.

That includes giving those rights to minority business owners too. People that might not want neo nazi's or foul mouthed racist rednecks in their stores.

new topics

top topics

join