It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran does not have nukes, neither Israel have

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
reply to post by Flatfish

I was reading your wiki link that you have provided regarding the Israeli whistle blower and i found something interesting:

In July 2004 Vanunu claimed in the London-based Al-Hayat newspaper that the State of Israel was complicit in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He claimed there were "near-certain indications" that Kennedy was assassinated in response to "pressure he exerted on Israel’s then head of government, David Ben-Gurion, to shed light on Dimona’s nuclear reactor"

Yes, you are quite right and I'd just bet that if Vanunu were to have made his disclosures post 9/11, instead of 1986, he would have also implicated Israel in that plot as well. It wouldn't be the first time that Israel was tied to false flag attacks against the U.S., remember the USS Liberty?

en.wikipedia.org...

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy torpedo boats, on June 8, 1967, during the Six-Day War.[2] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and one civilian), wounded 170 crew members, and severely damaged the ship.[3] At the time, the ship was in international waters north of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city of Arish.[1][4]
Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion about the identity of the USS Liberty.[5] Attack survivors contacted in 2007, by John M. Crewdson for a Chicago Tribune article about the attack, "to a man" rejected Israel's mistaken identity explanation.[6] Lt. Gen. Marshall Carter, the director of the NSA, told Congress that the attack "couldn't be anything else but deliberate."

Israel is the hypocritical opposite of Iran. Does anyone really think that Israel wouldn't welcome the destruction of Iran? Furthermore, I wouldn't put it past Israel to orchestrate another "false flag" event in order to justify an attack on Iran. The bad part is that it wouldn't be Israel that would attack Iran, as usual, they'd get us to do it for them. What's to stop Israel from using one of their subs to torpedo a U.S. naval vessel in the Straits of Hormuz and blaming it on Iran?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Based on the replies here, i now understand why people believe Israel have nukes, even nobody actually seen one.
I also believe 100% that Israel have nukes, even tho no official admited that ever.

Based on logic, there is no doubt that Israel have nuclear weapons.

Personaly, i don't think Iran have nuclear weapons, but i strongly believe they are working to get them.

The most important fact that have to be taken into consideration when trying to see if a country have WMD or not, is the long range strike capabilities.
Israel have subs that can carry nuclear tipped missiles.They also have Jericho's.So, its quite logical to assume that they have those because they have nukes.

However...Iran have Shahab's...the logic tells me that they AT LEAST want nuclear weapons.

It comes down to this : If someone buys a gun, its logical to assume they bought bullets also, or at least will do it in the future.
Because, really, a gun without bullets its just a sophisticated club.

Well saying that no Israeli official has admitted they have nukes is false. Look at the last link in my previous post. Technically, they have admitted it but claim the PM "misspoke".

Iran currently has enrichment around 20%. 20% is classified as "weapons grade". However Iran has insisted their intention is peaceful. Such as Nuclear Reactors for the purpose of electricity. Now for a reactor for peaceful purposes, you can enrich as high as 19.75%.

So for Iran to be at 20% enrichment, it is still possible that their intentions are indeed peaceful, but as I said earlier, 20% is classified as "weapon grade". Even at 20% enrichment, that is still a long long way from having a nuclear weapon which requires enrichment up to 85%.

<< 1   >>

join